No trophy for new members

vava

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i start today and i was doing the trophy of win a Platinum medal on any race, i made the first race and the trophy dint pop up. So i think we need to spend money on the game to win the trophy.

That sucks.

ah yeah. theyve told us this from the start when they said they were going to give us the game for free. all i can say is buy a monthly pass and play nothing but this game for that month. you might have a shot at the plat that way.

Apparently you can only get the trophies if you have Legendary Access, which means you have paid at least $15 for the first month. Only purchasing the DLC will not get you trophies, as that will only grant you Premium Access, not Legendary.

Saephiroth is right. I tested it last night (already had a premium account from owning the game prior) and premium access ($5) does not get access to PSN trophies. That feature seems to be reserved to monthly subscription ($15), legendary access.

how come I can get trophies with inFamous 2 Festival of Blood, RDR Undead Nightmare? they are stand alone DLC that let us get trophies!!!!!

Trophies for premium or you wont get my money SONY!!!!

I dont see a problem with that. I bought the game new at $60 so just payin $15 is not that much if you wan the trophies. Its like buying a PSN game.

One thing I would like to know is, if I play with a standard account until level 29 and them upgrade to legandary just before level 30, is the trophy will unlock? It can be a good way to create all your character before subscribe if you have a premium pass.

This is stupid, I've never heard of a game requiring a MONTHLY FEE just to get trophies, Legendary isn't even worth the money...

DC Universe Online: No Free to Play Trophies - PlayStation 3 News at IGN IGN lied as always, I should just assume everything they say is wrong from now on... This sounds weird, but I'm actually taking slight comfort in the idea that they might enable trophies for Premium accounts later, because of how ridiculous this is... I gave them $10 for a DLC to a free game, and I still can't get the base trophies, let alone the trophies for the DLC I bought? Jesus Christ...

This is stupid, I've never heard of a game requiring a MONTHLY FEE just to get trophies, Legendary isn't even worth the money...

DC Universe Online: No Free to Play Trophies - PlayStation 3 News at IGN IGN lied as always, I should just assume everything they say is wrong from now on... This sounds weird, but I'm actually taking slight comfort in the idea that they might enable trophies for Premium accounts later, because of how ridiculous this is... I gave them $10 for a DLC to a free game, and I still can't get the base trophies, let alone the trophies for the DLC I bought? Jesus Christ...

Maybe you should have spent 15 dollars on a legendary subscription for 1 month. If you wanted to get a 10 dollar platinum there's plenty of other stuff you could have gotten.

Think of it this way. You could play for 4 months in legendary status for the same cost people were paying just for the game and their first free month.

Maybe you should have spent 15 dollars on a legendary subscription for 1 month. If you wanted to get a 10 dollar platinum there's plenty of other stuff you could have gotten.

Think of it this way. You could play for 4 months in legendary status for the same cost people were paying just for the game and their first free month.

I just can't allow myself to pay $15 just for some trophies to be obtainable for a limited time. Also, the average game I buy costs about $10 for financial reasons, so upping this game to $25 would be pretty significant, and the only reason this happened to me in the first place is because IGN lied... I feel immature making such a big deal over trophies, but given the nature of this site, hopefully you guys would understand XD

Edit: Also I'd like to point out, I don't mean to insult people that do pay the $15/month, but what are you getting? Limited-time(I think) access to one $10 DLC, a few arbitrary restrictions that most people don't care about being lifted, and trophies... I'm starting to think the trophies are what SOE really wants to hold on to as a Legendary exclusive, otherwise it would be pointless

Edited by Dawgmuffin

if i have a character leveled up half way through, and i buy legendary, do the trophies that i have done the requirements unlock, or do i have to do it all over again ?

still haven't figured this out !

I figure you probably need to do them again, but I'm not 100% sure... At the very least you should be able to get some characters to level 29 or lower, and the trophies you've already done the requirements for by that point wouldn't take very long to do again.

DC Universe Trophies Are Only for Premium Members, Sony Explains Why | PlayStation LifeStyle

This article says premium members are entitled to trophies. I thought you had to spend at least $5 once to be a premium member? I very much regret downloading this 15gb waste of bandwidth for the last 13 hours. I was hoping I only had to pay $5 (I was gonna buy the $10 DLC) instead of $14.99/month. The article says premium members, I assumed premium members actually meant premium members not legendary.

If I can level up all my characters to level 29 or something and just buy a one month pass and level my guys up once more then it wouldn't be so bad. I can probably do the level 10 trophies or w/e in a couple days each.

@dawgmuffin. Ever heard of FreeRealms? Same deal I think.

Edited by mattybell2117

That has nothing to do with trophies... IMO if you can do a trophy requirement, you should be able to earn the trophy. Throwing more money at them just for virtual acknowledgement of what you did isn't right.

How much are you paying for this? Absolutely NOTHING. The developers make no money off of giving this game away for free. It cost money to run the servers, maintenance, create new content, keep up with the game, etc....and the traffic they will be getting will only increase now that the game is F2P. If keeping trophies locked to Legendary status members as an incentive to get some funds in, then good for them bc without that this game will be shut down and people can b-tch about that. I really dont get the sense of entitlement. :rolleyes: If you werent playing this thing for trophies when it was paid, then you can continue to not play for trophies not that its free. You arent losing anything as they havent taken anything away from you

Edited by Havok83

Its still silly that even though if I put money in the game such as 5 bucks I cant get trophies. Im not asking for legendary acess such as free dlc more slots and more options. Just trophies. Something that im sure doesint cost tons of money to matain. Again its just trophies I dont want the other legendary goodies you get for being legendary.

How much are you paying for this? Absolutely NOTHING. The developers make no money off of giving this game away for free. It cost money to run the servers, maintenance, create new content, keep up with the game, etc....and the traffic they will be getting will only increase now that the game is F2P. If keeping trophies locked to Legendary status members as an incentive to get some funds in, then good for them bc without that this game will be shut down and people can b-tch about that. I really dont get the sense of entitlement. :rolleyes: If you werent playing this thing for trophies when it was paid, then you can continue to not play for trophies not that its free. You arent losing anything as they havent taken anything away from you

It was their choice to make the game free to play, and their choice to make the trophies exclusive to Legendary members, and I don't agree with that last choice :p And if you actually read my post (whichever one or two I said it in) I have paid $10 for the DLC, and still can't get any trophies...

Edit: It looks like pretty much everyone is assuming that Premium accounts get trophies, and you can't argue with that being a widespread disappointment. Whether or not trophies ever get bumped down to Premium members (Which I really hope happens ASAP) I should still play the game :p Having just paid money, expecting trophies to have been enabled, then realizing they're not, isn't the most pleasant second impression of the game. Otherwise I think the game's great. I at least need time to vent my rage at these unwise decisions.

Edited by Dawgmuffin

What seems the most ridiculous is if I were to go and buy the Green Lantern DLC for $9.99 but I can't get trophies for the DLC I just bought. Just sounds like a stupid idea.

What is also strange is how every article I read recently on the game going free to play said premium accounts get trophy access.

Edited by ChaotticSoldier

i have a question if i grind out 2 charachter to lvl30 then upgrade my account will i get the trophys for the 2 charachter i grind before i upgrade?!

also why will you pay $10 for 1 DLC when u can pay $15 a month n get everything for free? (no cash cap , no charachter cap , etc etc )

i have a question if i grind out 2 charachter to lvl30 then upgrade my account will i get the trophys for the 2 charachter i grind before i upgrade?!

also why will you pay $10 for 1 DLC when u can pay $15 a month n get everything for free? (no cash cap , no charachter cap , etc etc )

1) I don't know for a fact but you probably won't get the level 30 trophies, so I'd say it's not worth the risk. But I'm sure you can level to 29, upgrade to Legendary status, ding 30, and redo the level 10 trophies.

2) You still have caps for everything except currency and chat activity, it's just that the caps are higher. Premium's limitations are completely fine with me (other than the lack of trophies), and I would imagine most people feel the same way. If you're okay with Premium's limitations, then all you're really getting for $15/month (which adds up to much more than $10, obviously) are trophies, and DLC (including future content) which overall would probably cost less to buy as it's released than maintaining a Legendary account. http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/

Edited by Dawgmuffin