DC Universe Online - Trophy Guide & Road Map

http://i.imgur.com/6fMzghY.png

If you are not a registered member of PlaystationTrophies.org and have found this Trophy Guide and Roadmap to be helpful, want to leave a comment or feedback suggestions, please feel free to join the forums today! If you do so, it would be greatly appreciated if you would give the author,

Blaze Naruto Shippuden, a referral.

Overview:

• Estimated Platinum Difficulty: 2/10 (View Platinum Difficulty Thread)
  • Trophy Breakdown: 14 [3 (S) | 10 (G) | 1 (P)]
  • Online: All trophies are online since this is a MMO
  • Approximate Time To Platinum: 120-180+ hours
  • Recommended Subscription: 1 Month Subscription of $14.99
  • Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 6 (One for each mentor: Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Circe, Lex Luthor, and the Joker)
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: Yes! I'll explain it in the Glitch Trophies Section.
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: There is no difficulty setting for this game.
  • Special Note: All trophies you earned while Premium or Free will unlock after you purchase a Month Subscription and log in as your character

Introduction:

A massively-multiplayer experience, DC Universe Online brings high-energy action to the forefront with a combat system designed to deliver a fast-paced action experience with the extraordinary powers of your personally created heroes and villains at your disposal. Battle with or against their favorite DC Super Heroes and Villains including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker. For the very first time, players and fans will be able to enter this fabled world as an active force for good or evil.

Important Tips for First-Time DC Universe Online Players:

• Your PS3 system must be connected to the Internet to play DCUO, even if you’re playing solo. You must also have an active PlayStation Network account and be logged into the PlayStation Network.
  • There is no Pause. Pressing :start: displays your PDA (Personal Data Assistant), but doesn’t stop anything else in the game.

Character Creation:

Character Creation is the process a player must go through in order to create their own Playable Character. The player is able to choose the statistics that determined their character's abilities, individual strengths and weaknesses, visual appearance, name and sound through a series of options offered to the player shortly after the game starts. All players must go through the Character Creation process in order to play DC Universe Online.

Players may have up to 16 characters per account (character limit subject to change upon online updates/patches), and each character is linked to a specific server. The following is the creation process:

Gender Selection:

1. Choose between a Male or a Female character. This selection does not affect the character's stats.

2. Choose various character build and traits that will make your character's appearance differ from other player's characters. This selection does not affect the character's stats.

Template Selection or "Inspired By" (This is also optional):

Before deciding on your character's Powerset, Weapon, and Costume, the player may choose to be inspired by a famous DC character. Choosing an inspired by character will have the computer automatically choose a Powerset, Weapon, and Costume to match the DC iconic chosen. The character is still open to change in any way or form. Inspiration is to give the player a template to work off of.

Power Selection:

The player's combat strategy determines your role in groups. Each power has two ability trees that the player can specialize in. One is for DPS (Damage Per Second) attack, and the other is for defensive and area-effect purposes (Crowd Control, Tank, Healer).

• Fire & Ice: These are Tank roles and generally have higher defense and/or health. In group content these characters are responsible for keeping the enemies' attention and taking the majority of the damage.

• Gadgets & Mental: These are Control roles. In group content these characters manage the enemy swarms by stunning enemies and generally controlling how many enemies are dangerous to the group at one time.

• Sorcery & Nature: These are Healer roles. In group content these characters are responsible for keeping the group alive by distributing health to the group members.

Movement Selection:

Affects the character's speed, movement style, and maneuvers in combat. It also determines whether the character is a flyer, speedster or jumps from building to building as an acrobat.

Weapon Style Selection:

Your character's hack-and-slash abilities. Each weapon is specialized in either Ranged or Melee abilities, however some are equally useful in both. All weapons have both melee and ranged attacks. You will be able to switch between weapons in the game.

Morality Selection:

The choice of either being a Hero or a Villain. The choice determines the character's mentors, allies and enemies in DC Universe Online. Hero morality will fight crime throughout their adventures. Villains are the bad guys, characters that choose this morality will corrupt citizens and fight for all that is evil.

Personality Selections:

Determines how the character acts and carries themselves throughout the world. Their stance will change, along with their posture, simple movement as well as emote actions. This selection does not affect the character's stats.

Origins and Mentors:

The player's choice of the origin of their powers based of either a Metahuman (Meta), Magic (Magic), or Technology (Tech). This affects who your Mentor will be and their experience of the world, as well as the categories of armor and weaponry that will be available to them. The player will be contacted and asked to do missions by their mentor on a regular basis throughout the game.

Hero/Villain Mentors:

• Batman and the Joker (Tech)
  • Superman and Lex Luthor (Meta)
  • Wonder Woman and Circe (Magic)

Costumes:

A character's costume is the clothing that defines their appearance in DC Universe Online.

Character Creation Video:

Here's a video so you can have a better look at the character creation features:

Subscription Service:

This game automatically gives you a subscription to their game and the subscription you've purchased will continue until cancelled. In other words your wallet will be charged automatically on the next renewal date unless you cancel the subscription. Upon cancellation, you will not receive any refunds or credits, but the purchasing account will be able to enjoy the content for which you've paid.

Cancelling a subscription:

You can cancel the subscription by changing your account settings in the Transaction Management section of Account Management or contacting Customer Service. Also, if your wallet does not have enough funds and the "Automatic Funding" feature is disabled on a renewal date, the subscription will be cancelled.

Cancelling from a PS3 system:

• Sign in to PlayStation Network, and then go to [PlayStation Network] > [Account Management] > [Transaction Management] > [services List]. After selecting the subscription you want to cancel, select [Cancel Automatic Renewal].

How To Use Your Free One Month:

• Once you download and install the game, go back to DC Universe Online in the PSN Store and select "DC Universe Online Activation" to activate your one month of free game time.

Click here for a visual demonstration on how to unsubscribe.

DC Universe Online - Gameplay Pricing:

How much does DC Universe Online cost to play?

• 1 Month - $14.99 or €12.99
  • 3 Month - $41.99 or €34.99
  • 6 Month - $77.99 or €64.99
  • 12 Month - $134.99 or (Not available for Europe/PAL)

DC Universe Online Official Website:

Visit the official website for more info about the game such as News, Updates, Character Bios, Powers, Weapons, Movements, Game Guides, FAQs, etc.

DC Universe Online - Home

General Information:

Controls

• Left Stick — Move
  • Right Stick — Look Around
  • :l1: (tap) — Recenter Camera
  • :cross: — Jump
  • :l3: (toggle) — Movement Mode
  • :square: — Melee Attack
  • :triangle: — Ranged Attack
  • :l1: (hold) — Lock Current Target
  • :r1: (hold) — Block
  • :r1:+Left Stick (any direction) — Dodge
  • :circle: (hold) — Interact (Person/Device)
  • :circle: (hold) — Pick Up Object
  • :triangle: — Throw Held Object
  • :square: — Smash Held Object
  • :l2:+:r2: — Gather Nearby Loot
  • Left Stick — Scroll Through List

Ability Tray

• :l2:+:square: — Use Power 1
  • :l2:+:triangle: — Use Power 2
  • :l2:+:circle: — Use Power 3
  • :l2:+:cross: — Use Power 4
  • :r2:+:square: — Use Power 5
  • :r2:+:triangle: — Use Power 6
  • :r2:+:circle: — Use Consumable Item
  • :r2:+:cross: — Use Gadget

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden
Updated referral link

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC Universe Online Community Guide:

Shortcuts and Chat Commands Guide:

Below are the list of chat commands and shortcuts that will be very helpful for players:

/group Talk within your groups

/shout Talk with the people within your map

/versus Talk to the opposing side

/say Talk on the local chat

/pvp Will flag you for open PvPing while in a PvE server. Take note that when the flag is on, opposing side may attack you at any time. To disable, simply re-type pvp to turn the flag to off.

/bug submit a bug report to SOE

/tell Private message someone

/invite Invite someone

/league Talk to anyone on the league

Other Players:

Some missions can’t be won by yourself without a group.

• Start talking to other players that you see in the safehouses — police stations (for heroes) and night clubs (for villains).
  • It won’t take long for you to meet a few players that you’d like to group with again. Flag them as Friends and you can see if they’re online the next time you’re ready to play.

Communicating:

• Voice chat with a headset. Use the Options tab to set preferences. If you’re using a headset, stay friendly.
  • If you play without a headset, you can communicate with gestures (emotes) and chat (both available through the Social Window).

Social:

Press :select: to display your Social window. This lists all characters (both player characters and NPCs) of the type you specify:

• Social Selection lists all nearby player characters of the type you specify.
  • You may also chat with or view specific characters of other sorts: your current Group, your Friends, your League (an alliance of heroes or villains that you play with regularly), or everyone with you in a Raid.
  • The Advanced Chat window is a larger window, with tabs to manage both your channels and your conversations.

DC Universe Leveling Guide:

Do Missions:

There's no need to farm kills in this game. Basically, players will gain themselves experience by finishing missions. While on a mission's site location, be on the look out for additional bonus missions by looking around the area for a person with a blue ring surrounding them. These NPCs will give you extra missions to do right along aside your main mission's objective. Completing them will help you get more experience faster as well as the main mission itself. It is preferred that you are at an equal or higher level than the mission's suggested level. Do not worry if you are higher leveled than a missions suggested level. Missions will still reward you the same amount of experience upon completion.

Do Alerts:

Alerts are instances in DC Universe Online in which up to 4 random players are joined together in a group and placed an instance battle. The group works together to complete a series of missions within the instance. Each Alert has several smaller bosses leading up to a main boss at the end of the battles. You must be level 9 to access.

Collect Briefings:

While doing missions, be on the lookout for green ? spheres (Investigations), blue ? spheres (Briefings), and yellow ? spheres (Collections). Collecting all of the ? spheres will give you extra experience points to leveling up. Note that the Briefings are worth 1000-2450 experience while the Investigations are worth 450-1450 experience. Collections gives you free items to add to your collections (mainly style changes) and free stuff given to you from your emails. You can use the following fan-made Briefings Site Location Guide to find all the blue ? spheres in the game listed below:

DC Universe Online: Briefings

Way to Check Your Next Level Up:

Look at the purple bar beneath your Ability Tray (your skills loadout) to see how close or how far you are from leveling up to the next level.

Glitch Trophies:

Yes the game appears to have an unknown glitch where players won’t earn their level 30 Acrobat, Flyer, or Speedster trophies. These trophies can be glitch if players hit level 30 while morphed/transformed into a creature that has no movement type such as a Zombie, a Gorilla, etc. Rumor is that the game can’t read your character’s movement type while transformed henceforth you won’t receive your level 30 movement type trophy, but you will still receive your level 30 mentor trophy (Thanks to kyo daikun for the glitch. Original post can be found here).

I doubt that this was ever patched since the developers’ only care about the game’s overall content (updates and monthly content). This game wasn’t really designed to earn trophies which are my very reasons why I doubt it was ever patch. Plus I knew about it beforehand and avoided morphing/transforming when I was level 29. You should do the same.

Roadmap:

There’s a total of 6 playthroughs to be done to achieve your platinum trophy. So the best thing I’m going to do is outline my characters playthroughs. You do not need to follow this outline to 100% the game. But do keep in mind that in order to achieve the level 10 role trophies (Tank, Controller, and Healer roles) and the level 30 movement type trophies (Acrobat, Flyer, and Speedster) you have to use certain type of power sets and movement modes.

Playthrough 1:

Character Information:

Name: Raki

Team: Hero

Mentor: Batman

Power: Gadgets

Weapon: Rifle

Movement: Super+Speed

World: Countdown

Type: PVE

Days to Level 30: 3 days

Brief Playthrough Description:

For your first character's playthrough you should learn the basics of the entire game one step at a time. During this run I learned the flow of the game. From learning how to find and complete missions and side quests to learning the games entire environments and atmosphere. Also be sure to do the first race you see as you leave your safehouse starting location for an easy gold trophy and 850 points worth experience that will level you from level 3 to level 4. Now on to the character build. My first character was a Hero mentored by the Dark Night, Batman. I went with the power set of Gadgets just to be more like Batman's style of gameplay. Gadgets is a very good power to specialize in and this power set is very good at stunning enemies from close range or from afar. However, since this power set is classified as a Controller Role I found that this build is very bad for taking on multiple enemies at once. With the Rifle as a main weapon choice made this problem go away as I leveled up. The rifle is a very powerful yet slow weapon, but it's a great weapon for Controllers to use. The rifle can be used to spam multiple enemies from afar and can push an enemy back away from you with it's grenade launcher attack by press :triangle:. Be sure to buy the rifle's Mortar special attack for this is the attack that players can spam away with and kill multiple enemies at once.

Trophies Earned: Platinum Pace(G), Mission Control(S), Knight for Justice(G), and Speedster Supreme(G)

Playthrough 2:

Character Information:

Name: Wonder Kunochi

Mentor: Wonder Woman

Power: Ice

Weapon: Brawling

Movement: Flight

World: Justice

This is my second playthrough and one that I didn't enjoy either. During this playthrough I noticed that missions are repeats from what I done from my first playthrough. They were just arranged in different orders. This character was a hero mentored by the Goddess of Truth, Wonder Woman. I went with Ice power set because the rumor is that Fire and Ice are the fastest ways to level characters to level 30 faster. Well, I disagree with Ice helping you level faster. Ice powers are okay and can be deadly if you chosen the right abilities to use. I made bad chooses in my powers and leveled more slowly than usual for I was having a harder time doing the level 25-29 missions.This was also because my main weapon, Brawling, was also a very bad choice to specialize in. I shouldn't have invested my character in brawling skills for it's very very slow and I feel as if brawling is the worst of the worst weapons to utilize in. Also I didn't know that you could change your weapons at the Watchtower or The Hall of Dome. If I had known these things before hand, I would have made a much better character.

Trophies Earned: Tanks Very Much(S), Warrior of Truth(G), and Fearless Flier(G)

Playthrough 3:

Character Information:

Name: Wisdom Man

Mentor: Superman

Power: Nature

Weapon: Dual Pistols

Movement: Acrobatics

World: The Killing Joke

Type: PVP

This is my third playthrough and I'm doing things a little differently by making my character on a player vs player environment. This means that whenever an opposing Hero or Villain crosses paths, they can duke it out against each other. My character was a hero mentored by the Man of Steel, Superman. My power set was Nature which is classified as a Healer Role. I found that Nature characters can be very weak alone, but with allies and a League of heroes by your side. Nature's powers can be a deadly adversary to reckon with. My main weapon of choice was Dual Pistols, which I discovered was the best chose of weapons for healers. A Healer is meant to heal and to heal requires a great deal of power regeneration. Dual pistols was the first fast hitting weapons that I used in the game and fast hitting weapons can build up the Combo Hit Meter very quickly and effectively. This caused my power meter to regenerate much faster for some healing. This was an okay character that I created, but since this was on a PVP world there's always a catch. For one, level 30s will spawn kill the crap out of your safehouse location. This was very frustrating since it's impossible to take on another player levels far beyond your current levels. Two, while doing mission tasks and another opposing player appears to do their own missions there. Be prepared for one hell of a showdown, seriously...

Trophies Earned: The Healing Touch(S), Champion of Earth(G), and Acrobatic Ace(G)

Playthrough 4:

Character Information:

Name: Rockman Magician

Team: Villain

Mentor: Circe

Power: Sorcery

Weapon: Hand Blast

Movement: Acrobatics

World: Birthright

This is my forth playthrough were I begin my villainy terrorism. Before I begin the description details I like to mention that villain's missions are the exact opposite than the hero's missions. There's only a small few that are the exact same missions repeated the same. This character is a villain mentored by the Goddess of Magic, Circe. His power set was Sorcery which is also another Healer Role classification. Honestly this playthrough was to get a comparison between the Nature and Sorcery power sets. And in my personal opinion, Nature is by far the best overall Healer Role in the game. Sorcery really doesn't have the power to heal your allies if you're a villain. Your healing abilities is effected by your roles too, so half of the time I was healing only myself only and not my teammates unlike Nature's powers. My main weapon of choice was the Hand Blast, which I discovered was yet another fast hitting weapon if your spamming the long ranged :triangle: attacks. Gameplay wise, I was extremely experienced and had no problems reaching level 30 after learning from previous mistakes.

Trophies Earned: The Queen's Favorite(G)

Playthrough 5:

Character Information:

Name: Greenest Night

Mentor: Lex Luthor

Power: Fire

Weapon: Bow

World: Relentless

This is my fifth playthrough and best character that I ever created. This character is a villain mentored by Lex Luthor. This playthrough was just a beast of a playthrough for my character's power set was Fire. Fire is by far the best power set in the entire game in my personal opinion. With the powers of Fire at your disposal you can choose to go the Immolation or Ignition paths on the Power Trees. Immolation is the path I chosen for this path offers you as a sacrifice to the power of Fire to burn your foes to ashes and dust. Not only that, but you can self heal by burning your own self. This makes you act as if you're also a healer while you're really a tank. My main weapon of choice was the Bow, however, I went and branched off into Martial Arts and the Staff. I did this because a Tank Role should have a high Defense and Toughness. Each of these roles gave my character a 30+ bonus to defense and toughness. This is what made my character into beast for I was also focusing on, Health, Power, Might, Restoration and Precision. I still used the bow as my main weapon for it's the fastest long ranged weapon for Tank Role builds. And I spammed the Bow's special attack skill, Trick Shots, which allowed me to rain down a shower of bow arrows upon multiple enemies at once from a distance.

Trophies Earned: Criminal Mastermind(G)

Playthrough 6:

Character Information:

Name: Clown Prince

Mentor: The Joker

Power: Fire

Weapon: Bow

World: Relentless

Days to Level 30: 2 days

Believe it or not, this character is the male version of my fifth character creation of Greenest Night. Only difference is that he's a male and he's mentored by the Joker. You should know the rest by now after all your creations and leveling experiences.

Trophies Earned: The Joker in the Deck(G) and Winner Takes All(P)

(Roadmap continues on next page)

Edited by Tuffinz
editorial sweep

Ending Notes:

I platinumed the game within my free month subscription. Out of my free month I missed 3 days to level my characters due to personal life issues and education (that's another level 30 character in days worth :pout:). In the end I had 11 days left. So what do I do with those eight days left? Well, if you're a completist. I would advise you to choose your overall best character that you created and invest your remaining days left improving your character's gear and weapons (mine was Greenest Night). You're now open to the game's best weapons and armor and having these will make your most powerful character into a beast. Doing this might and may aid you in future DLC trophy patches if they occur.

Edited by Tuffinz
editorial sweep

Trophy Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/02.jpgTanks Very Much (S)

Achieve level 10 and gain the Tank Role.

To achieve a level 10 and gain the Tank Role abilities you must select either Fire or Ice as your power set from the character creation screen. It is the Tank's role to keep the group safe by attracting enemies' attention meaning it’s your job to reduce the overall damage your group takes. Area effect powers such as pulling enemies towards you and gathering them in one big group will make doing this easier. The best 5 weapon styles for Tanks are the Bow, Staff, Dual Wield, Dual Pistols and Martial Arts. Each style gives a bonus of +30 Defense and +30 Toughness. Once you reach level 10 with any character you created, you will automatically acquire the Tank Role and your trophy will pop.

As of The Battle for Earth DLC based off the ultimate showdown with Brainiac. Earth Powers have been added to the game which are classified as Tank Role.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/03.jpgMission Control (S)

Achieve level 10 and gain the Controller Role.

To achieve a level 10 and gain the Controller Role abilities you must select either Gadgets or Mental as your power set from the character creation screen. This role focuses on stunning enemies and providing group support including Power Regeneration. The best weapon styles for Controllers are weapons that give Dominance and Vitalization bonuses. Dual Wield and Staff are good melee weapons choices, while Dual Pistol and Rifle are good ranged weapons choices. Once you reach level 10 with any character you created, you will automatically acquire the Controller Role and your trophy will pop.

As of the Fight for the Light DLC based off the Green Lantern and Sinestro Corps. Light Powers have been added to the game which are classified as Controller Role.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/10.jpgThe Healing Touch (S)

Achieve level 10 and gain the Healer Role.

To achieve a level 10 and gain the Healer Role abilities you must select either Nature or Sorcery as your power set from the character creation screen. This role focuses on keeping the group alive by distributing health to the group members. A Healer should focus on the following stats: Restoration, Critical Heal Chance, Power, Critical Heal Effect, and Health. All other stats will have no benefit for any healer role. The best weapon styles for Healers are weapons that build up your combo hit meter because the higher your Combo Hit Meter, the faster you will regenerate Power. Dual Pistol's Full Auto, Bow's Flurry Shot and Hand Blaster's Pulse Beam are easy to use attacks that quickly build up the meter. Since fast attacks and Restoration are valuable, Dual Pistols is the overall best weapon skill for healers (Dual Pistols gives +45 Restoration bonuses). Once you reach level 10 with any character you created, you will automatically acquire the Healer Role and your trophy will pop.

As of the Lighting Strikes DLC based off the Flash. Electricity Powers have been added to the game which are classified as Healer Role.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/04.jpgKnight for Justice (G)

Achieve level 30 as a hero mentored by Batman.

To achieve a level 30 as a hero mentored by Batman you must have selected Hero as your team and Batman as your mentor. Batman is associated with the Tech origin. You will start the game in Gotham City's East End. Once you reach level 30 with as a hero mentored by Batman your trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/05.jpgWarrior of Truth (G)

Achieve level 30 as a hero mentored by Wonder Woman.

To achieve a level 30 as a hero mentored by Wonder Woman you must have selected Hero as your team and Wonder Woman as your mentor. Wonder Woman is associated with the Magic origin. You will start the game in Chinatown in Metropolis. Once you reach level 30 with as a hero mentored by Wonder Woman your trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/06.jpgChampion of Earth (G)

Achieve level 30 as a hero mentored by Superman.

To achieve a level 30 as a hero mentored by Superman you must have selected Hero as your team and Superman as your mentor. Superman is associated with the Meta origin. You will start the game in Little Bohemia in Metropolis. Once you reach level 30 with as a hero mentored by Superman your trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/07.jpgAcrobatic Ace (G)

Achieve level 30 as an acrobat.

To achieve a level 30 as an acrobat you must select Acrobatics as your movement mode and start leaping your way to justice or chaos across Metropolis and Gotham City. Acrobats are able to climb and cling to any surface and quickly ascend tall buildings. Acrobats can even glide across the sky. Once you reach level 30 with any character you created as an acrobat your trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/08.jpgFearless Flier (G)

Achieve level 30 as a flyer.

To achieve a level 30 as a flyer you must select Flight as your movement mode and soar over the skyscrapers of Metropolis and Gotham City. The flier is easily the best movement type in the game for fliers can traverse environments with ease. Once you reach level 30 with any character you created as a flyer your trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/09.jpgSpeedster Supreme (G)

Achieve level 30 as a speedster.

To achieve a level 30 as a speedster you must select Super+Speed as your movement mode and start travel through the streets of Metropolis and Gotham City at incredible speeds. With incredible accelerations and velocities Speedsters can even run up the sides of buildings walls, across ceilings, and pull a Jesus Christ by running over water landscapes. Once you reach level 30 with any character you created as a speedster your trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/11.jpgThe Queen's Favorite(G)

Achieve level 30 as a villain mentored by Circe.

To achieve a level 30 as a villain mentored by Circe you must have selected Villain as your team and Circe as your mentor. Circe is associated with the Magic origin. You will start the game in Chinatown in Metropolis. Once you reach level 30 with as a villain mentored by Circe your trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/12.jpgCriminal Mastermind (G)

Achieve level 30 as a villain mentored by Lex Luthor.

To achieve a level 30 as a villain mentored by Lex Luthor you must have selected Villain as your team and Lex Luthor as your mentor. Lex Luthor is associated with the Meta origin. You will start the game in Little Bohemia in Metropolis. Once you reach level 30 with as a villain mentored by Lex Luthor your trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/13.jpgThe Joker in the Deck(G)

Achieve level 30 as a villain mentored by the Joker.

To achieve a level 30 as a villain mentored by the Joker you must have selected Villain as your team and the Joker as your mentor. The Joker is associated with the Tech origin. You will start the game in Gotham City's East End. Once you reach level 30 with as a villain mentored by the Joker your trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/14.jpgPlatinum Pace (G)

Earn a platinum medal in any race.

This is an extremely easy trophy and it can be achieved around the very beginning of the game. Once you have access to leave the Police Station or Night Club that your character starts off in, all you have to do is find any race challenge on the world map. I did mine on my Batman Mentor playthrough. So my character started off in the East Police Station in Gotham City. There’s a race challenge right outside of the East Police Station in Gotham. My hero was a Super+Speed movement type meaning that he was a Speedster type hero. In other words the race type challenges received would be a “Speedster Race Challenge”. The race challenge that’s found outside the starting Police Stations or Night Clubs were your character begins will always be an “Introductory to Race Challenges”. Simply step on the race marker and hold down the :circle: button to accept the race’s challenge. When the race starts run your hero or villain through the white rings that are floating around on the streets, sky, or buildings till you reached the finishing ring. Here’s the 1st challenge race’s times:

Introductory (your character’s movement type) Challenge:

• (B) Bronze: 1:30
  • (S) Silver: 1:15
  • (G) Gold: 1:05
  • (P) Platinum: 1:00

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/418/01.jpg Winner Takes All (P)

Acquire all hero and villain trophies in the classic game.

Acquire all Trophies. Congratulations!

Thank you all for being patient and enjoy the guide.

:)

With the most recent patch (version 1.09 I believe) they fixed the level 30 trophy glitch. So you can still get the trophy for hitting level 30 even if you are morphed. Once you jump in the game it will give you any feat that was fixed, so your trophy should pop up too. I haven't tested it out yet, so if you're still skeptical just don't shapechange. :]

With the most recent patch (version 1.09 I believe) they fixed the level 30 trophy glitch. So you can still get the trophy for hitting level 30 even if you are morphed. Once you jump in the game it will give you any feat that was fixed, so your trophy should pop up too. I haven't tested it out yet, so if you're still skeptical just don't shapechange. :]

I'm not sure about that information till someone morphs and reaches level 30 intentionally to confirm that. And I checked and see no patch updates regarding the fix of trophies. I go to MMO Patch notes to check updates (they get their patches from the offical sites):

MMO Patch Notes - DCUO

And the patch you mention is lined here and that fix isn't in there either:

DC Universe Online Update 2 Release Notes – 5th April, 2011

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bit of a heads up, they just changed what the Platinum Trophy looks like with the latest 3.7GB patch prepping for the DLC.

It's now an actual trophy, no longer the Superman silhouette. If you've platinumed it, you'll see the new double-handled icon in your XMB trophy list.

Bit of a heads up, they just changed what the Platinum Trophy looks like with the latest 3.7GB patch prepping for the DLC.

It's now an actual trophy, no longer the Superman silhouette. If you've platinumed it, you'll see the new double-handled icon in your XMB trophy list.

Thank you, word has been going around that they change the image. Thanks for the confirmation.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone planning to make a "Fight for the light"-trophy guide? After a quick glance at the dlc-missions I found these trophies are far more difficult than the original ones.

Edit: After getting into the game and mmo's in general more deeply I see that it's just a "level up to T3 to make the DLC-instances".

BTW: Thanks to all DCUO-nerds dissing me for not being able to play the game properly, this makes me check my motivation.

Edited by BossFeratu

• 3 weeks later...
Is anyone planning to make a "Fight for the light"-trophy guide? After a quick glance at the dlc-missions I found these trophies are far more difficult than the original ones.

Edit: After getting into the game and mmo's in general more deeply I see that it's just a "level up to T3 to make the DLC-instances".

BTW: Thanks to all DCUO-nerds dissing me for not being able to play the game properly, this makes me check my motivation.

m8... and how can you level up to T3?? you need to do something in special? or just keep playing and playing... ???

• 3 weeks later...

First off, great guide for any new comers! Seeing how there is a lot of confusion amongst different gaming websites/blogs in regards to what actually unlocks trophies now that the free-to-play plan is in effect, I thought I'd go ahead and quickly test whether premium access does or doesn't unlock trophies...apparently it does not (no surprise there).

This means you will still need the legendary access ($15.00 per month) to unlock the trophies in-game; however, due to the requirements of the trophies, it is still a pretty easy task as the free-to-play access allows you to get to the max level and the premium access (one time $5 fee) allows you to have up to six characters. Thus, you really only need to pay the $5, level each character to level 29 and then pay the $15. After doing that, ding each character into 30 and clean-up the other four trophies as PSN does not allow retrograde trophies.

First off, great guide for any new comers! Seeing how there is a lot of confusion amongst different gaming websites/blogs in regards to what actually unlocks trophies now that the free-to-play plan is in effect, I thought I'd go ahead and quickly test whether premium access does or doesn't unlock trophies...apparently it does not (no surprise there).

This means you will still need the legendary access ($15.00 per month) to unlock the trophies in-game; however, due to the requirements of the trophies, it is still a pretty easy task as the free-to-play access allows you to get to the max level and the premium access (one time $5 fee) allows you to have up to six characters. Thus, you really only need to pay the $5, level each character to level 29 and then pay the $15. After doing that, ding each character into 30 and clean-up the other four trophies as PSN does not allow retrograde trophies.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion, ShackledDreams. I, and I'm sure everyone else, greatly appreciate it! I was just wondering if this tactic you posed will definitely work 100%. I've just downloaded the game, and bought the Fight for the Light DLC. So, I should have Premium access. I haven't actually played yet, as I still need to clear up more space on my hard drive. However, since I should have Premium access, I could take my time, level my 6 characters (each mentored by their respective heros/villans) to level 29, and then buy a one-month pass for $15, level my 6 characters to 30, then go back and make 3 new characters to get to level 10 on each of them for the 3 level 10 trophies, and finally get a platinum medal on a race, and this should get me the platinum trophy for the game? I just want to confirm that this would work, before spending so much time on the game.

And I should be able to get the 3 level 10 trophies within my one month subscription, right? Even if I only played for a few hours a day during the month?

And I should be able to get the 3 level 10 trophies within my one month subscription, right? Even if I only played for a few hours a day during the month?

It should absolutely work by Playstation's own accord. If you have Legendary status, you can unlock trophies and you'll keep any trophies you earn. Also, you can easily hit level 10 just playing a few hours each night. By that point you'll already have the slight learning curve and be able to make up for that amount of time in no time. Just in a ball park of numbers, I think I might've put in 3-4 hours to hit level 10 (not entirely sure when the patch ended and I started playing), but it was only about 8-9 quests not including the intro. I'd advise doing it on a PvE server though if you're just rushing through trophies as my main characters were on a PvP server and it is easy to get distracted by PvP or find yourself fighting off level 30s in a level 8-14 area.

Do you have to maintain Legendary status ($15/mo) to continue unlocking trophies, or can you spend $15 one time and continue unlocking trophies after the month ends and you're downgraded?

Yes, it'll take $15 a month to continue to unlocking trophies if you can't get them all in a month. Once you're downgraded from Legendary access, you lose access to trophies, but as mentioned above, you'll keep any trophies you've earned.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion, ShackledDreams. I, and I'm sure everyone else, greatly appreciate it! I was just wondering if this tactic you posed will definitely work 100%.

Alright, so I decided I wanted to get that 100% guarantee for you and I called the Sony DCUO customer support. After sitting on hold for 3-5 minutes, they realized they had no idea and their customer support only pertains to the game (she said PC). The customer support representative redirected me to the PSN support to see if they could help me, but they also put me on hold for a good 3-4 minutes and re-directed me back to the first number I called. Needless to say, Sony's customer support has no idea.

I'll end up trying it and posting my results. My game time is currently limited, but I already have three level 30 mentor trophies unlocked and the other three shouldn't take long...the only cleaning up I'll have is the level 10 tank (which I tested the premium status on) which I'd never played while subscribed to DCUO previously (I've always preferred support and/or damage per second characters).

Edit: Just as a curious side note, the second I posted this, the DCUO servers went down for maintenance. Conspiracy or coincidence...you decide. :whistle:

Edited by ShackledDreams
...conspiracy or coincidence...

Alright, so I decided I wanted to get that 100% guarantee for you and I called the Sony DCUO customer support. After sitting on hold for 3-5 minutes, they realized they had no idea and their customer support only pertains to the game (she said PC). The customer support representative redirected me to the PSN support to see if they could help me, but they also put me on hold for a good 3-4 minutes and re-directed me back to the first number I called. Needless to say, Sony's customer support has no idea.

I'll end up trying it and posting my results. My game time is currently limited, but I already have three level 30 mentor trophies unlocked and the other three shouldn't take long...the only cleaning up I'll have is the level 10 tank (which I tested the premium status on) which I'd never played while subscribed to DCUO previously (I've always preferred support and/or damage per second characters).

Edit: Just as a curious side note, the second I posted this, the DCUO servers went down for maintenance. Conspiracy or coincidence...you decide. :whistle:

Thank you so much for making those phone calls, and trying to find out, I appreciate it! I'm still downloading the game, it's taking quite a while, so I haven't played yet. But it would be great to know if that tactic would work. Keep me posted on your results! Thanks again :)