"Endings" (Spoilers!)

slyjak

Ok, so I've played through the game twice now. My first time through, I made 3 "bad" decisions and got some black beetles on my final portrait. The second time through I made all "good" choices and got all butterflies and no black beetles around my portrait.

Here are the decisions I made in each of the sequences:

1. When you get the ice pick, dig out the hand, "girl" out of the ice, not the trophy.

2. In the driving sequence, do not run over the pig at the very end.

3. In the prison vehicle sequence, choose to saw the handcuffs, not the prison guard's hand.

4. When you destroy the planks of the door with the crowbar and look through the peephole and back out, let the dog jump on you. Just do nothing and you'll see he's after the A-hole behind you.

5. When you fall through the well in the music and lights techno tunnel eventually a butterfly and blackk beetle will appear flying around. Grab the white butterfly.

6. In the bell tower after you jump down the hole, choose to not grab the towel from the kid you are running after, basically do not press the trigger button at all. Instead keep chasing him, slowing down every now and then until he drops the towel. Then pick it up.

7. In the sequence where you are being shot at by the hunter choose to help the kid out when you are both hiding behind the wall. Wait for the hunter to reload then look at the kid and hit the trigger to get with him by the first wall. After the hunter fires the next round of shots and has to reload, look at the kid and drag him to the third wall. When the hunter shoots off his next round of bullets and has to reload then look at the kid and drag him one final time to the exit. If you leave without the kid, you will have made the "bad" moral choice. This was semi-annoying to do, because I hear you can get killed if you move while the hunter is shooting.

8. Finally, in the war sequence crawl to the wounded soldier and look at him and choose to help him, not go toward the machine gun. Then just drag him to safety.

You can tell if you did each of these sequences "in the good way" if you see a white feather, or feathers flying, around after finishing the sequence.

As far as I know the hospital hallway at the end changes based on your decisions.

If you have any other endings, interesting things you noticed based off your actions feel free to post them below.

Yeah, I'm interested in trying to figure out what exactly the story is telling us. Sort of like Limbo, I want to experience everything the game has to offer to try and piece together what happened. There were some interesting conclusions arrived at with Limbo and this game, also hard to figure out entirely has some interesting elements. I do know that the developers of each of these games left it open for you to decide but, like in Limbo, the developer clearly had story elements in mind that could be figured out and were very interesting.

Datura is a type of flower, that possibly causes hallucinations. Not really sure what its main role is in the game, but it could be that the main character in the game is either in a coma or dead, in purgatory revisiting previous moments in his life. On the topic of endings, this ending is an endless loop, basically he is back in the forest in an endless loop so again it could be purgatory, which I am leaning toward, or a coma.

• 8 months later...