Darkstalkers Trophy Challenges

Guykilt

The Darkstalkers Resurrection trophy challenges are probably the hardest part in this game to attain the 100%, so I thought I might as well make a thread to discuss them here.

From personal experience I would rate the difficulty for the challenges in the following order:

Hard:

• Rikuo: 2&5
    Hsien Ko: 4
    Donovan: 5
    Morrigan: 4
    Sasquatch: 5

Moderate:

• Felicia
    Bishamon
    J.Talbain
    Lord Raptor
    Demitri
    Anakaris

Easy:

• Victor
    Huitzil
    Pyron

I've completed challenges and trials in all the previous fighting games I've played so far, but I must admit that Rikuo's nr.5 is without doubt the hardest trial I've ever encountered so far!

The frame window to input his back dash loop (466 -(first 4 being buffered in his medium kick) is way too small, unless they start inventing turbo fingers in the future :whistle:

only left rikuo 2 & 5 to do but i have a hard time to input that back dash cancel... any tips?

Are you already buffering the first part of the back dash cancel into your Medium kick (4 + MK)?

The hardest part is still the 4, 6, 6, link LP, which you need to do at a lightning fast speed.

Using a glitch in the game, you can whiff(miss) the Standing Forward then input Sonic Wave and it will still count as part of the trial (registering the standing forward). During the 2 seconds stun from your Sonic Wave, quickly whiff(miss) another Standing Forward and back dash cancel, dash jab during it. It's a lot more to build up, but it increases the frame window slightly for you to input the back dash cancel to dashing jab.

Good luck with the trial!

Edited by Guykilt

Are you already buffering the first part of the back dash cancel into your Medium kick (4 + MK)?

The hardest part is still the 4, 6, 6, link LP, which you need to do at a lightning fast speed.

Using a glitch in the game, you can whiff(miss) the Standing Forward then input Sonic Wave and it will still count as part of the trial (registering the standing forward). During the 2 seconds stun from your Sonic Wave, quickly whiff(miss) another Standing Forward and back dash, dash jab during it. It's a lot more to build up, but it increases the frame window slightly for you to input the back dash cancel to dashing jab.

Good luck with the trial!

yeah , the first part gotta memorized (4+MK) , the problem is the 4,6,6 cause most of time its result in that Screw Shot combo (4,6) asuming one of the 6 if not pressed at right time or pressed too fast that the input only registered one

i swear gonna make a party if sucefful done that one, about the number 5 trial ..gonna worried later, first want to succeful done number 2 XD

yeah , the first part gotta memorized (4+MK) , the problem is the 4,6,6 cause most of time its result in that Screw Shot combo (4,6) asuming one of the 6 if not pressed at right time or pressed too fast that the input only registered one

i swear gonna make a party if sucefful done that one, about the number 5 trial ..gonna worried later, first want to succeful done number 2 XD

I know the feeling, I had the screw shot coming out a few times too.

You need a very fast and clean input for the 4,6,6 and link the LP.

Any tips on getting Donovan's trial 5 second hit of killshred to actually hit?

EDIT: I don't know if it makes a difference but I used r1 + r2 to plant the sword instead of square + x and was able to get it to hit the 2nd time every try after failing for a half hour straight. Was cake after.

DOUBLE EDIT: Sorry didn't wanna double post but I finally did Rukio 5. What a fuckin crap shoot that was.

Edited by luxxx

Any tips on getting Donovan's trial 5 second hit of killshred to actually hit?

EDIT: I don't know if it makes a difference but I used r1 + r2 to plant the sword instead of square + x and was able to get it to hit the 2nd time every try after failing for a half hour straight. Was cake after.

The killshread Plant can be done with any strength (:square:+:cross:, :triangle:+:circle: or :r1:+:r2:).

The Killshread Summon can only be done with 2 of them:

• :triangle:+:circle: - fast input for the rest of the combo
  • :r1:+:r2: - small delay inputting short kicks

DOUBLE EDIT: Sorry didn't wanna double post but I finally did Rukio 5. What a fuckin crap shoot that was.

Huge gratz on your 100% :applause:

Edited by Guykilt

I don't know if it makes a difference but I used r1 + r2

I dont know why, but planting the Sword with :r1:+:r2: seems to make the combo a cakewalk, because the 2nd Hit connects almost always.

I tried the Combo with :r1:+:r2: :triangle:+:circle:, works great, but planting with :triangle:+:circle: and summoning with :triangle:+:circle: never worked, is this a glitch:think:

Oh, and how are you guys doing Hsien Ko 2, lots of jabs, the last jab never connects, too far away from opponent, are you using a turbo controller for this, its the only challenge left for me, easy challenge according to the guide :think:

I dont know why, but planting the Sword with :r1:+:r2: seems to make the combo a cakewalk, because the 2nd Hit connects almost always.

I tried the Combo with :r1:+:r2: :triangle:+:circle:, works great, but planting with :triangle:+:circle: and summoning with :triangle:+:circle: never worked, is this a glitch:think:

Tested the 3 different Killshread plants, each time summoning with :r1:+:r2: and worked fine for me.

Oh, and how are you guys doing Hsien Ko 2, lots of jabs, the last jab never connects, too far away from opponent, are you using a turbo controller for this, its the only challenge left for me, easy challenge according to the guide :think:

The frame window is really small for the jabs so you can easily mash the buttons to get all the jabs to connect.

But there's an even easier method:

Just throw a (stunning) fierce Anki Hou (http://imageshack.us/a/img441/2482/10134497.gifhttp://imageshack.us/a/img20/6871/14707451.gifhttp://imageshack.us/a/img593/3862/14074337.gif+:r1:) and connect 3 or 4 jabs before the projectile hits/stuns Sasquatch. The combo won't reset due to the stun and you can easily finish the challenge with the remaining jabs to standing fierce :whistle:

Noticed I didn't add that alternative method in the guide, so will do it right away, since it does make the trial a bit easier...

Edited by Guykilt

Tested the 3 different Killshread plants, each time summoning with + and worked fine for me.

IMO summoning with:triangle:+:circle: is easier, and that works better with planting the sword with :r1:+:r2:, or maybe its just my immagination:think:

Noticed I didn't add that alternative method in the guide, so will do it right away, since it does make the trial a bit easier...

Great Stuff, that worked very well:applause:

• 1 month later...

So, here's my personal difficulty ranking so far (subject to change):

Hard

Rikuo >_<

Morrigan (3 and 5...)

Hsien-Ko

Anakaris (only because I find him to be annoying to control)

Moderate

Jon Talbain

Lord Raptor

Donovan (only trial 5 is hard)

Bishamon (stuck on trial 4 and that's it)

Sasquatch (Easy with Turbo, probably harder without)

Pyron

Easy

Demitri

Felicia

Victor

Huitzil

Every character's name marked in italics are the one's I've cleared all trials at least once for.

• 6 months later...