Rate the trophy difficulty  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_gold_9.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 9.21

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

Gave this game a 8. I was contemplating giving this game a higher rating considering the absurdity of Rikuo Challenge 5, but I managed to finish it in less time than it took me to finish other challenges/trials in other fighting games (it still took me a few hours of practice). The other challenges are nothing compared to that one, taking anywhere from 5 secs to 5 mins each if you play a lot of fighters.

Gotta say, I was so excited when I finally finished the combo. I had to use a controller, with one thumb on each direction, just so I could have the speed and the endurance to practice for hours (I can't begin to imagine the pain on my hand/wrist if I tried this on stick for a few hours).

Rikuo trial 5 is probably the hardest thing Ive come across in a fighter so far, with me being so terrible at dashing in general (damn marvel 2button dash habit)... The 3366 needs to be input so fast its ridicoulous! Without the shortcut I probably wouldnt have completed it so Ill give it a 10 just for that one

IMO Darkstalkers is a Capcom masterpiece.

It was a pleasure to rediscover both versions in HD with online features.

I really hope the sales are good enough for Capcom to consider making a Darkstalkers 4, a game I've been waiting for ages.

Trophy difficulty wise, I found this game to have a huge difficulty gap in all the challenges.

Most of them are dead easy, but Rikuo 5 does skyrocket my difficulty rating for this game, making it one of the hardest challenges ever encountered due to the tiny frame window to input the backdash cancel to dashing jab.

Giving this one a 9 in the end :drunk:

Edited by Guykilt

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted for a 9 in the poll but If I can, I would like to add that my rate would be 9.5, the reason is that even if the missions are very difficult to get the 100%, it is "only" that.

The game don't have too much else besides godlike (can be done in easy) and the ranked matches (don't have to be in a row), so I guess that games with hard trials like in this game but with more difficulty in the arcade or with the online or anything else like survivor, score or time attack it should have the 10 and not Darkstalkers Resurrection.

Edited by Fire Emblem

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

9/10 Mainly cos of Rikuo Ch 5, there was a couple of other trials I found tough too (Morrigan 4).

Rikuo 5 took me at least 2 + hours and the first time I got the 2nd dash jab to combo luckily I was able to complete the link to stand forward so I got lucky there (I'll just call it skill tho :p ) If not for that I would have been back to square 1 and possibly more hours of fail.

• 1 year later...

8.5/10 rounded down to 8. Capcom just knows how to irritate players with their Trials :mad:

Since Rikuo's Challenges are claimed to be the hardest ones, I decided to start working on him as soon as I started the game for the 1st time. I did all of his Trials within 3 hours using glitches and the pause-exploit. Rikuo's 2nd took me 15 minutes. I found it to be quite easy honestly. Rikuo's 5th took me more than 2 hours and it was hard for sure but nowhere nearly as hard as I thought it'd be. Definitely not the hardest Trials of the game imho.

Fucking Hsien-Ko's #4 was the hardest one :mad: Every time you fail you have to waste time loading up the hammer or the boulder; the fucking game doesn't tell you that on the 9WK you have to hold 9 while pressing WK. It took me years to realize that. Why would you do that to a person, why? :rant: Not to mention how accurate and fast you have to be on that airborne combo. It hardly ever came out and, if it did, the standing jab wouldn't have connected! If the standing jab did connect, then you'd mess up the ground combo which is the last and supposedly easiest part of the challenge ffs :mad: Overall, it took me almost 4 hours to clear it. Without it the game would be a 7 or 7.5 imo.

Morrigan's 3rd, 4th and 5th Challenges are damn challenging too, though still easier than Hsien-Ko's 4th: make sure you use Astral Vision on the 4th one to make things MUCH easier (credit to Kyotaros for mentioning this) and check the tip I posted on the guide thread to make her 5th challenge easier as well.

Honorable mention to Bishamon #4 which I found for some reason absurdly hard (took me a little less than an hour to clear): the inputs had to be over-the-top precise and the timing was really strict from the beginning to the end. I had to use my Arcade Stick on this Trial because it just didn't want to come out on pad :mad:

There are also many other tricky Challenges but all easier than the ones mentioned up to now. The other Trophies are a complete joke.

Overall, the game is thankfully really short but very challenging and rage-inducing. I think that everyone can do it with enough practice. Even with the pause-exploit you still need very fast fingers, so be prepared. Lastly, I'd like to say that SSF4's and P4A's Trials are harder than Darkstalkers' Trials.

• 2 months later...

Went ahead and gave it a 9. Dunno how you would do Rikou´s trial 5 with out shortcuts and pause trick :confused:

I did like this. Also i unassigned all buttons except those that needed of course. And moved strong to R1 instead, so it wouldn´t bother me.

• 2 months later...

For anyone on the fence on buying this, do it! This game is amazing and exceeded my expectations, it's much like Street Fighter Third Strike, but the trophy are bound by more difficult challenges. A good reason to get this is because you will tremendously gain skill in fighting games after you're done, I have platinum'd SF4 three times and more difficult fighting games and this game gave me a hard time with some characters, and I'm not even done yet. (Need Donovan and Rikuo to finish) I just keep coming back for the challenge, the mechanics just work perfectly, no buffering bullshit just straight execution skill which feel very rewarding after you pull it off, especially theres no cheap mechanics messing you up.

Personally I've gotten through the trials without too much hassle, haven't been stuck for days on a single one, its all about the persistence. But with my history of fighting games I can definitely respect this games difficulty.

Personal rating 8/10, but I would say 9/10 for average fighting game players, might even push it to 9.5/10 honestly.

A must have for any fighting game fan, and a great way to increase your execution skills

Edited by Weaver

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

9/10. Rikuo trial 5 is the hardest trial I've ever done and I've done all the trials for other fighting games like SF4/SSF4/Guilty Gear Xrd/Revelator/MvC3/UMvC3.

I've never watched Darkstalkers before but I'm now curious if pro Rikuo players actually even use this technique in real matches.

Edited by Thedah

• 6 months later...

I'll give this game 10/10 just because of Rikuo trial 5. Probably the most insane trial I've finished so far in any fighting game. It's beyond hard and requires an perfectly amount of precision. I'm very surprised that don't took me long to finish this game.

Hardest trials for me were Morrigan 4 & 5, Lei-Lei 4, Sasquatch 5, Donovan 5, Bishamon 4 and of course Rikuo 5(the hardest). Some Anakaris trials were kinda annoying too.