General Trophy Discussion

• 11 months later...

After looking at the achievement list for this game on the sister site, I can safely say that anyone who has finished either SF3:OE, and/or MvC:Origins, will have no problems getting 100% in this game. However, after finding out that about only half of the achievements were converted into trophies for MvC:Origins, unfortunately, I predict the same thing will happen when this game gets released on PSN... :thumbsdown:

After looking at the achievement list for this game on the sister site, I can safely say that anyone who has finished either SF3:OE, and/or MvC:Origins, will have no problems getting 100% in this game. However, after finding out that about only half of the achievements were converted into trophies for MvC:Origins, unfortunately, I predict the same thing will happen when this game gets released on PSN... :thumbsdown:

It's happened to Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins, Jet Set Radio, but in the amount of points they still equal. There's just significantly less content-wise for Playstation users. Regardless, all the Darkstalkers: Resurrection trophies look easy as hell. :p

Wonder if we will even get the online trophies.

But yeah, these have all been really easy in trophy terms. Just some grinds and that's it.

Well, pretty much the 10 Ranked wins, good thing not in a row, other than that Trophy List is out. And for some of you guys said, you're right. Figures...At least 10 less than the 360 ver.

Darkstalkers Resurrection Trophies - PS3Trophies.org

I'm excited for this, loved playing these games in arcades when I was younger. What are the various tiers the trophies are talking about?

Capcom have implemented into recent PSN HD releases of fighting games a Challenge system. There's multiple tiers to these Challenges. For example, perform 10 Super Arts would be the first tier, perform 25 Super Arts would be the second tier, et cetera. You'd get Points for completing these Challenges which, if this game follows Street Fighter III: Third Strike ~ Online Edition ~ and Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins, will allow you to buy artwork in the Vault.

So those trophies are related to the tiered Challenges. Unfortunately we can't really know what the trophies require until we can see the Challenge list in-game.

Although there is no gold trophy, I'm still happy to see Darkstalkers come to PSN with GGPO netcode. Maybe if this upcoming release does well, Capcom would consider working on a Darkstalkers 4 game. Even though I am a trophy hunter, sometimes I like to buy games just for fun, as well as support certain companies in the process. Even though I was disappointed that King of Fighters 94'-96' didn't come with trophies, I was still happy to support SNK and bought all 3 games. I bought all 3 games with the hopes that if other fans did the same thing, SNK would release the better games in the future such as Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Now let's look at what happened when customers stopped supporting Sony and started hacking the PSP in the US. Sales started dropping, and ultimately led to companies only bringing out games to the customers that stayed loyal to Sony, which were mostly in Japan. Final Fantasy Type-0 may never come to the US, due to the lack of support here. Its true that Square Enix has nothing to do with a Capcom topic, however, the idea that I'm trying to get across is simple: Support the companies that you care about or else get ready to accept the consequences.

Seems pretty easy. Only one that could give me trouble is the Ranked Match one

Unless its network issues that might happen on your end, don't worry, all you have to do is just win 10 ranked games, like I said, not all in a row, but yeah, there might be top tiered players that might stop you from winning.

But good luck on it though. :3

Capcom have implemented into recent PSN HD releases of fighting games a Challenge system. There's multiple tiers to these Challenges. For example, perform 10 Super Arts would be the first tier, perform 25 Super Arts would be the second tier, et cetera. You'd get Points for completing these Challenges which, if this game follows Street Fighter III: Third Strike ~ Online Edition ~ and Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins, will allow you to buy artwork in the Vault.

So those trophies are related to the tiered Challenges. Unfortunately we can't really know what the trophies require until we can see the Challenge list in-game.

Thank you for the info! I've been craving a new fighting game and plan on remedying the situation with this one. I'm getting crazy nostalgia due to the fact that I've only played these games on arcade cabinets.

Although there is no gold trophy, I'm still happy to see Darkstalkers come to PSN with GGPO netcode. Maybe if this upcoming release does well, Capcom would consider working on a Darkstalkers 4 game. Even though I am a trophy hunter, sometimes I like to buy games just for fun, as well as support certain companies in the process. Even though I was disappointed that King of Fighters 94'-96' didn't come with trophies, I was still happy to support SNK and bought all 3 games. I bought all 3 games with the hopes that if other fans did the same thing, SNK would release the better games in the future such as Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Now let's look at what happened when customers stopped supporting Sony and started hacking the PSP in the US. Sales started dropping, and ultimately led to companies only bringing out games to the customers that stayed loyal to Sony, which were mostly in Japan. Final Fantasy Type-0 may never come to the US, due to the lack of support here. Its true that Square Enix has nothing to do with a Capcom topic, however, the idea that I'm trying to get across is simple: Support the companies that you care about or else get ready to accept the consequences.

I'm so glad someone else seems this the same way I do. Trophies have become alittle too "relevant" to gamers now its sicken. Back with Guilty Gear's re-release a user commented that he wasn't going to buy the game because it had no platinum despite highly anticipating the game. Even in the comment section when new trophy lists show up I always see "Trophy List looks too hard, no buy" or "Multiplayer Trophies ?!?! Pass !!", back in the PS2 era you wouldn't think twice about buying a game so long as it looked interesting to you.

Trophies/Achievements have become a gift and a sin to gaming, they challenge people to reach higher lengths when beating a game but at the same time its influenced lazy "completionist"

I'm so glad someone else seems this the same way I do. Trophies have become alittle too "relevant" to gamers now its sicken. Back with Guilty Gear's re-release a user commented that he wasn't going to buy the game because it had no platinum despite highly anticipating the game. Even in the comment section when new trophy lists show up I always see "Trophy List looks too hard, no buy" or "Multiplayer Trophies ?!?! Pass !!", back in the PS2 era you wouldn't think twice about buying a game so long as it looked interesting to you.

Trophies/Achievements have become a gift and a sin to gaming, they challenge people to reach higher lengths when beating a game but at the same time its influenced lazy "completionist"

^^^^^^^^

This! Puzzler posted an epic topic "No Platinum...No Problem" that changed the way I game. It's in the editorials section. Seriously I used to be like that and SO glad I got back out.

That said, anyone have any ideas about the "Tier" trophies yet? lol

Watch out for trials, they are pretty rough.

EDIT: I just tried the 2P Challenge trick in Night Warriors AND DID NOT GET THE S RANK AWARD FOR NOT CONTINUING.

EDIT 2: Same happenned in DarkStalkers 3, it seems you have to do it all in one go, no 2P challenges.

For the character trophies you need to complete all 5 missions with each (Just done Morrigan)

Edited by MyrequeArk

In regards to the bolded part, the multiplayer trophies could be a turn-off for the lazy trophy hunters but could it also be for those who dislike online? I quite dislike multiplayer (can't even remember the last time I played online for fun) just because I don't find it as interesting as solo play however I wouldn't have the trophies regarding it decide whether I buy it or not, if I want the game then fuck yes I'll buy it, trophies or not >_>

But I digress, I'd imagine some people would pass up on the game if they simply personally disliked online and there were grindy trophies regarding it (not saying I agree with doing that). Or am I alone on this?

I had a feeling they'd add Rikuo's dash cancel trial. It's still one of the hardest things to pull off in any fighting game. The rest of the trials are nothing compared to Rikuo's lol.

I finally finished Rikuo's Chapter 5, and now my thumbs hurt... :mad: Anyway, for those of you struggling with the "Godlike" trophy, I suggest doing the following: In Night Warriors, you can just spam Demitri's projectiles from across the screen/mid-distance, and spam crouching roundhouses at close range. Demitri's command grab special (Midnight Bliss) works well on an opponent that is rising from a knockdown attack (a successful crouching roundhouse for example).

In Darkstalkers 3, I recommend using Jedah. The same gimmicks I used in this video, also works in Darkstalkers 3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuri08cBKzA]Let's Play Vampire Savior - GoldUnit1001(Jedah) - YouTube[/ame]

Important: To unlock the "Godlike" trophy, you must play on DEFAULT SETTINGS. I can confirm this since I played on the easiest settings, and beat both games without losing a match, but the trophy did not unlock. After I changed the settings back to default, I then beat both games again without losing a match and then the "Godlike" trophy unlocked shortly afterwards.

Edited by GoldUnit1001
Added a video for an better explanation