Improvised Kills Question...

magnus

I hate even asking this. I know it sounds idiotic. Here goes.

When farming kills for the Improvised kills trophy, Bombing Iron Canopy Spiders is said to work for this but I've killed well over 150. Does the collateral damage done by the explosion count or only the ones killed by getting hit by the bomb itself?:confused:

I've been working on this and it's starting to irritate me since none of the environmental items have respawned anywhere else in the game. Not in the Crossroads, not in Scalding Gallows, not in any of the places I have used them.:mad:

At this point, 2/24/11, I only need 4 trophies to platinum this game.

The Aerial Predator is one I need but that one will just take time and practice.

Does the collateral damage done by the explosion count or only the ones killed by getting hit by the bomb itself?:confused:

I'm not sure but I don't think the bombs would count as environmental objects. I didn't farm this with the spiders, on my second playthrough I just used environmental objects right from the start to kill pretty much every enemy I could and got the trophy within an hour or two of playing.

Try using the stuff in the spider area besides the bombs.

Edited by kdrcraig

That's the problem. I would do that except that none of the environmental objects will respawn. I've tried every trick that's been mentioned. Taking a Serpent Hole to different paces hasn't worked, saving and then restarting the game hasn't worked, Nothing. Someone somewhere said that the bombs do count as environmental objects. If this keeps up I may have to restart on easy and just keep a running tally of everything I kill with objects until I get it.:wtf:

Yeah the stuff in the spider room didn't respawn for me either. If you start a new game and use every environmental object you come across to kill an enemy then you'll get the trophy within a couple hours. It worked out better for me because I had to do another play through on Apocolyptic anyway.

Edited by kdrcraig

okay, i was stuck and looking for answers on that one too, and after trying the bomb method for a bit, i had my doubts. ive heard people say it works, but ive heard more people say it doesnt.

so i went and used another method that has been suggested here on the boards, its time consuming, but efficient and it is garaunteed to work.

go to the dry road, climb up the growth, get the pole on the left, kill the two zombies [not the bats] save your game, load, rinse and repeat. apparently the game puts weapons you were holding back where you found them.

the trick is located here.

Yeah the stuff in the spider room didn't respawn for me either. If you start a new game and use every environmental object you come across to kill an enemy then you'll get the trophy within a couple hours. It worked out better for me because I had to do another play through on Apocolyptic anyway.

Yeah, that's what ended up happening. I started on Apocalyptic and guess I had Improvised kills on the brain. It popped before I got to Ulthane the first time. Go figure. I started the game by using almost nothing but environmental weapons since you meet up mostly with zombies for a long while. As it stands, only Aerial Predator stands between me and the platinum here.

• 2 weeks later...

You find a hole where you jump down to spider area. When you look back you can climb back up with demonic growth on the wall. Kill spiders with enviromental objects.(btw, bombs worked for me) When you have done that, climb back up that demoic growth and run to the edge near hole and go back to check spider room ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm still working on this but none of the methods above have worked for me, including the load/save game trick before giving the souls to Vulgrim.

I tried the bomb thing with the spiders for about an hour and nothing popped. I think they only count if the actual bomb impact kills the spider (not if it sticks to the spider and explodes or the explosion kills other spiders).

That makes it a pretty long-winded affair, so I started a new game. Would have been nice to have a tally though, for all I know I was 5-10 kills off in that game, making the extra 30 mins or so it would have taken worth it. If it actually works.

Do your environmental kills carry over into a new game once you complete the game?

That's how I ended up with it, Dramacydal. I just went ahead and started Apocalyptic and killed every monster I came across with chairs, tables, cars, truck, parking meters, anything I could get my hands on. It popped for me by the time I got about 1/3 of the way into the game. Stuff respawns in the environment early on but not later in the game.

• 2 years later...

I can confirm that Bombs do work as my trophy just popped using bombs, but I think only the throw impact counts, not the explosion. When you throw the bomb & it hits them if they die it counts, if it sticks then explodes I don't think it does.

Like many others I was at the end of the game, had used like all the objects everywhere & I had been doing environment kills all along so I knew I couldn't need many. So I figured I'd try the IC spiders like the OP, & it worked, only took about 20 minutes to get the dozen or so I needed, so if you think you're close & don't have anything else left, give it a try. Just remember to weaken the spiders first as the little buggers would survive an explosion, but this probably varies with difficulty level, I was playing on Apocalyptic...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I also have a question regarding this trophy. I am currently farming kills in The Crossroads and was wondering, does killing the birds in this area with environmental objects count for the trophy?

i wondered that - but can't give a definative answer...

When i played the game, i would go for improvised kills on zombies (predominantly) - as i was playing Apocalyptic difficulty and they were easiest to kill: just grab a post and whack em, or throw a car at them - i did get quite a few of the black-birds with car throws :)

While playing through the game i just grabbed a few improvised kills every now and again when the chance came up....

After completing the game, i returned to the crossroads and i think got 15 improvised killsusing environmental objects, cars, posts and barrels, i serpent holed it over to Scalding Gallows, hit a few zombies and the trophy popped up after dealing with one of those purple demons with a car throw.

Pretty easy trophy to get if you just chip away at it as and when, then farm the remainder :)

• 2 months later...

by far the best way is start a new game on easy and kill everything only with objects.i got to crossroads inside church 45 minutes and it popped. some enemy's u gotta lead away from the zombies to get them to not destroy them and or objects.i also did a few game save tricks.kill almost all enemy's save reload that save not auto save and u get all enemy's back.rinse and repeat until no more objects are available. lot less frustrating then running from place to place looking for objects.