Review This Game/See Some Reviews

Rockets

How Good Is This Game?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How Good Is This Game?

http://images.blockbuster.com/is/bb/game/7168.jpeg Average Game Rating = N/A

Screenshots

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/darksiders-wrath-of-war-20080609030.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/darksiders-wrath-of-war-20080715082.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/screenshot_1322860763_1260961547.jpg

How To Review

1. PLEASE DON’T post a review without having played the game first!

2. Please don’t post a review unless you have played alot of hours or have completed the game.

3. Only write about the multiplayer aspect in the ‘Multiplayer Experience’ heading.

4. Please put a description in each section & then rate it out of 10.

5. Do not review on the trophy aspect of the game.

6. Review what YOU think & don’t be influenced by others.

Reviewing Game - Darksiders

Story:

Gameplay:

Controls:

Graphics:

Sound:

Wow Factor:

Replay Value:

Multiplayer Experience:

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: PLEASE VOTE!

Please Use the above as a template for your review. If you need help with anything please refer to this thread >>> http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/user-generated-content/16959-how-write-review.html#post213134

*PLEASE NOTE: ALL NON-REVIEW RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED*

Edited by Rockets

Story: Darksiders does not have the best story out there but at least it does not have a garbage story. The beginning of the story is pretty engaging, but then it builds up slowly but nothing extraordinary. But I like how calm War is during the game though, pretty cool guy.

Gameplay At first, I was pretty turned off at how it tried to be like God of War, but then the game grew on me. The difference between this game and God of War is that Darksiders is also similar to Zelda and you can free roam. Whereas GoW it is a linear game. Every enemy has a quick-sequence thing, but the game still comes down to button mashing. Even though you can purchase and upgrade weapons and technique, I only found a couple of technique to be most useful

Controls

Darksiders is mostly button mashing, it doesn't take alot of skills to finish the game. Most of the time you'll be just tapping so many buttons and just watch the results on the screen. But when you obtain the Boomerang equipment, I forgot the name already (lol), the controls can feel weird sometimes. But you will get use to it. Overall the controls are pretty good.

Graphics

The graphics in this is kind of a mix. I do like the cartoon art direction and the environment does capture the end of humanity. There are some minor lag issue, when facing too many enemies on screen. I also found during the desert level, there were so lag issues. But overall the graphics are very nice and clean.

Sounds

This really depends on your audio setup. If it is something good, then this game will sound pretty good. With the music in the background makes you feel badass like War.

Wow Factor

The game grew on me, so not much of a wow factor. But it's good though.

Replay Value

The game has very little replay value. Most games when you finish the story, you are able to carry forward all the items, equipment through your next playthrough. But Darksiders you cannot, only besides a certain armor.

Multiplayer Experience

The best when you can fight alongside with your other 4 horseman and lay waste to those mother(****)ers ... oh wait there is no multiplayer maybe in the next one?

N/A

Rent or Buy

Personally I would say rent, because after you've finished the game and platted it, then there is no point of coming back. The game takes about 25 hours to play and probably 17 to finish the story.

Personal Verdict and score

Darksiders tries to make the ultimate game by borrowing elements of very well known and GOOD games. Darksiders is like a student game learning from the masters and trying to implement all the good stuff into one game. Although it does not surpass the masters, they have done a good job overall. With little issues here and there. The only issue is starting the game when certain people maybe tuned off when they see that it tries to be GoW. But I cannot wait for the next installment.

OVERALL SCORE: 8

• 4 weeks later...

Reviewing Game - Darksiders

Story: I found the story a little hard to follow if I'm honest. Some of that is on purpose as you don't find out things until later on though. Basically you are WAR who is one of 4 horsemen of the apocalypse (or something like that) and you are summoned to earth alone when you shouldn't have been. Then the game itself is you caught in a war between heaven and hell while trying to find out why you were summoned and destroy the destroyer at the same time. Not all too sure what the destroyers purpose is apart from being a big bad guy you have to kill. All that being said i did really enjoy the story and although the game may start quite slow it definitely gets alot better as you progress and the last 2-3 hours were very good.

Gameplay/Controls: The game is divided up in to a mix of combat sections and platforming/puzzle sections. The combat is overly complicated, there are a particularly large number of combos you can pull off although as the game progresses you can purchase new moves which I'd recommend quite highly that you do simply to make the combat more entertaining if nothing else. The fights play out similarly to the God of War games in that you beat down on an enemy until a little O appears above their head which you press to kill instantly. Despite the simplistic combat it doesn't get boring or repetitive and this is largely to do with the platforming sections which i thought were very well done. Alot of them are rather simple but the stand out section for me was in the later part of the game when you have to free someone by directing beams of energy around very large towers. This is where you get the void walker which allows for some portal esc puzzle sections which i enjoyed alot.

Graphics/Performance: The game has a sort of cartoon style and for the most parts looks very good. A couple things that annoyed me with this game were to do with it's performance. The framerate is always great, it's not the kind of thing i'd usually mention about games but in this one i thought it was quite noticeable at certain points. Especially when riding your horse. During one boss fight i had to make sure i was facing away from the boss before getting on my horse because if i was looking at it then my game would always freeze and even when looking away the game would stutter quite badly.

Sound: I thought the voice acting in this game was very good and honestly i can't really remember the soundtrack so either it's nothing special or i should really pay more attention.

Replay Value: Not much if I'm honest. It's quite a long game. I played through first time on the hardest difficulty and it took me around 15-16 hours if i remember right and i don't really have any desire to play it again even though i did enjoy it. After I've hunted down collectibles and got my platinum I'll probably be done with this game.

Rent Or Buy This Game?: I don't rent games and don't really trade them in/sell them either so I don't think I'm the best at answering this question. For those that do rent games though i would say this is a suitable candidate. If your going for the trophies it's a relatively short platinum and like i said before i don't think it has a whole lot of replay value. I'd also add that there may be a demo on the store but i wouldn't base your decision to get it or not on the demo as i didn't like the demo but enjoyed the full game alot.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: Darksiders is a good game with not so many original ideas but still very enjoyable none the less. 7

Edited by TheFlyingToaster
Spelling