Killing Tiamat

Thalius

I'm playing the game on the hardest setting and was enjoying it very much... everything was going well got 3 out of the 4 missable trophies until i got to Tiamat...

I've read and saw every gorram guide out there cant fraking do it... Already broke one controller out of rage(thank god was a ps2 controller)

Every time is in the same place.

When she's on the "ground" chasing you around the rooftop i keep hitting her with the crossblade she starts throwing 3 fire balls i cant run away from the 3rd.

The gorram dash move always stops between two moves she always kills me...

Does anyone know the best way to escape that?? Tips?

I escaped it by dashing. I think I would wait until the first fireball was almost to me and then I would dash two or three times out of the way and was good to go. It's been a few weeks since I did that fight on Apocolyptic so I'm not 100% on that. It's definitely the most frustrating fight in the game.

kdrcraig is correct. The dash move at the very last second is how you avoid this particular attack. It took me several times to get it as well. The Abyssal armor (requires a full playthrough and new game) and the stone skin ability help a lot to mitigate the damage that you do end up taking though.

FINALLY!!!!!

What i ended up doing was keep away from her.

Minimal safe distance just enough for the crossblade to hit her. When she throught the fireballs no dash was necessary just keep 'strafe-ing' she through up to 6 fireballs, sometimes i only dashed in the last one. The fight does take longer almost 30m because the damage i did was lower but well safer for me :D

• 3 weeks later...

this boss is pissing me off

i cant get the hang of the sticky bombs at the beginning

most of the time i stick one on him, focus on the flame, then TRY and focus on the bomb but it wont let me

i have no idea why?

sometimes the bomb even dissapears after i've clearly landed one on him

again i have no idea why?

and the most annoying thing is when the bombs end up hitting the wall even though you have aimed no where near it

is anyone else having this trouble?

Yeah I noticed throughout the game when you throw stuff it kind of hooks. So if there is something in front of you a little off to the side of where you are aiming but between you and your target, it's gonna hit what's in front of you.

ok yeah that makes sense

i will stand further back from the walls this time

but this doesnt explain why i am not locking on to the bombs 50% of the time

if you hit the bomb in his face does it dissapear?

cos sometimes they just vanish even after i've hit him

As far as I remember you have to hit her body, otherwise it won't count.

it dissapears when i hit the body too

i am using the aim cursor so i know i am not missing

its extremely inconsistent with no visible pattern

i think my game is glitched or something

as i said before even if i do hit it i can only highlight the bomb 1 time out of 2

it just wont let me highlight it and i have to throw another bomb :confused:

Throwing and hitting the sticky bombs was the hardest part of this fight for me, too. It's annoying that the bombs dissappear after a bit. Safest thing that worked for me: don't use R3 to aim the bomb, just use L2 to focus on Tiamat and the game will throw the bomb right at her torso (if not blocked by any of the pillars, of course). Setting off the bomb requires some luck... sometimes Tiamat hovers right in front of one of the flames for a very easy aim, throw and hit.

This definitely is among the hardest boss fights, but once you get her on the ground, it gets a lot easier. I used a double dash to escape those fireballs mentioned by the OP and that never failed me. The rest just comes down to patience.

• 2 weeks later...

I started the game on Apocolyptic for the challenge and as I got to Tiamat I began to wonder if it was the right thing to do. I sucessfully defeated her last night by simply following the tactics on here. I found the following worked for me:

1: Pickup inert bomb, hold down :l2: to lockon and throw at Tiamat (don't bother with the reticule, pointless for this part).

2: Use reticule to select firepit and then the inert bomb, throw the blade and have the bomb explode. Move out of the way when Tiamat falls down.

3: Rush up to her and get as many hits in as possible, as she stirs dash away from her to avoid getting hit.

4: Keep :l2: held down whilst she circles the cathedral so you know where she is, she'll now do the divebomb, dash out of the way as she heads towards you. Repeat this 2 more times.

5: Repeat steps 1-3.

6: At this stage Tiamat is no longer airborne and attacks from the ground. All I did was strafe her and keep the maximum distance I could to use the spinning blade. Lockon with the blade and have it grind on her (hold down :r2: ). When she rushes you (which she will on occasion) press :circle: to enter a cinematic event where you punch her back.

7: After several blade grinds she will collapse. Rush in an do as much damage as possible, dash out as she stirs again.

8: Repeat for about 10 minutes and if you do it right you'll beat her. This way on Apocolyptic I only got hit once and I'm far from a hardcore gamer.

Other things to avoid are the fireball spits (avoided whilst strafing and the ground pound when she flys up in the air (just keep a distance).

It's a very hard fight when you have your first few goes at it, but if you keep a constant lockon and strafe about you'll beat her.

Goodluck!

I started the game on Apocolyptic for the challenge and as I got to Tiamat I began to wonder if it was the right thing to do. I sucessfully defeated her last night by simply following the tactics on here. I found the following worked for me:

1: Pickup inert bomb, hold down :l2: to lockon and throw at Tiamat (don't bother with the reticule, pointless for this part).

2: Use reticule to select firepit and then the inert bomb, throw the blade and have the bomb explode. Move out of the way when Tiamat falls down.

3: Rush up to her and get as many hits in as possible, as she stirs dash away from her to avoid getting hit.

4: Keep :l2: held down whilst she circles the cathedral so you know where she is, she'll now do the divebomb, dash out of the way as she heads towards you. Repeat this 2 more times.

5: Repeat steps 1-3.

6: At this stage Tiamat is no longer airborne and attacks from the ground. All I did was strafe her and keep the maximum distance I could to use the spinning blade. Lockon with the blade and have it grind on her (hold down :r2: ). When she rushes you (which she will on occasion) press :circle: to enter a cinematic event where you punch her back.

7: After several blade grinds she will collapse. Rush in an do as much damage as possible, dash out as she stirs again.

8: Repeat for about 10 minutes and if you do it right you'll beat her. This way on Apocolyptic I only got hit once and I'm far from a hardcore gamer.

Other things to avoid are the fireball spits (avoided whilst strafing and the ground pound when she flys up in the air (just keep a distance).

It's a very hard fight when you have your first few goes at it, but if you keep a constant lockon and strafe about you'll beat her.

Goodluck!

i had to use the reticule

if i just pressed R2 it would hit the wall every time

Once she wasnt flying anymore, I just ran behind her, kept some distance though. She attacked me just about 4 times. When the QTE comes, press circle and she will collapse, which was when I just went bersek on her birdy ass.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Maybe I was just lucky with Timat but I found the ghost things harder to kill than she was, especially when there were two of them.

For the bombs, I found the best place to aim was the stomach, they didn't disappear when I did this.

As long as you are locked on the dash should take you out of range of the fireballs, otherwise, hide by the pillars.