Has anyone else had this happen?

kdrcraig

When I quit out of this game to go back to the XMB it restarts my system. I had a 60G model and it started doing this about 2 weeks before I got the YLOD, I exchanged that for a new Slim 120G and the first couple times I played Darksiders on the new one it quit back to the XMB just fine. But I was playing last night and when I quit to the XMB it rebooted. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen too, I'm a little paranoid that it had something to do with my old system getting the YLOD.

If you play with the controller plugged in alot, you will have this problem for anything at anytime. DONT DO THAT.

I haven't had that problem since the last big patch.

@OG- There's no need to worry, This just happens sometimes. Usually because something didnt load or quit properly. Just limit your playing for a week. That's not even really necessary, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, mine crashes about 1/2 of the time I turn the game off.

It has frozen during the game more than once, too.

yes about half of the time quitting via the XMB, it does the restart thing too. And for the first time it just froze out on me. Only had the restart problem w/ Darksiders so far.

My launch model has done this since I got it, when quitting from a number of different titles, including Darksiders. Despite all those restarts, it's still working fine over three years later, so I doubt there's any correlation between this issue and the YLOD, or any other form of system failure.

Wouldn't worry about it.

• 1 month later...

i beta test for sony and some beta games do this because like someone said, sometimes something doesnt shut off right away so the system restarts instead of waiting for it, it doesnt cause any problems to the console, to avoid it im sure you can turn it off while in a small area with nothing going on

i beta test for sony and some beta games do this because like someone said, sometimes something doesnt shut off right away so the system restarts instead of waiting for it, it doesnt cause any problems to the console, to avoid it im sure you can turn it off while in a small area with nothing going on

Thanks for the info. It doesn't do it as much now that I have a Slim but it still sometimes restarts when quitting out of the game, I'm not playing this game as much any more either.