Improvised kills trophy

tweeze16

Do the sticky red grenade thingz count towards environmental kills?

i was in the room with the spiders and the red grenade by the part with the elevator and i was wondering can i let them gather around me and i throw a red grenade and kill the all because its about 17 of them and it would be easier

Edited by tweeze16

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the enemy type you are mentioning only gets stunned temporarily and cannot be killed so i wouldn't waste my time throwing a chair on them. Instead go to the room with the baby spiders that are close to the door that needed 4 medium spiders and a large one to unlock and you get at least 20 spiders there. It is also the only room guaranteed to have at least 3 hospital beds, to use as an enviro kill. That room helped me get this otherwise time-consuming trophy in a matter of minutes. One throw kills like 10 of them, if you let them gather around you and not kill them right away. It also works great for gaining XP on your scythe and gauntlet. The combo goes easily to the 30s and 40. The spiders will respawn if u go as near as the elevator or through the door with the 5 spiders required to kill mentioned above.

I'm not for sure so if I were you I'd stick with a proven method.

What I did was start a new game on easy and played until I got to crossroads. There's a bunch of real easy zombies to kill. Do not go to the left or right to much and trigger big enemies or environment items such as cars will stop respawning.

Kill zombies, save, load repeat. Try to kill as many zombies in the Seraphim Hotel with tables, chairs etc. as you can. This one is a lot easier than it seems and you should get it in no time.

Hope that helps.

i think the enemy type you are mentioning only gets stunned temporarily and cannot be killed so i wouldn't waste my time throwing a chair on them. Instead go to the room with the baby spiders that are close to the door that needed 4 medium spiders and a large one to unlock and you get at least 20 spiders there. It is also the only room guaranteed to have at least 3 hospital beds, to use as an enviro kill. That room helped me get this otherwise time-consuming trophy in a matter of minutes. One throw kills like 10 of them, if you let them gather around you and not kill them right away. It also works great for gaining XP on your scythe and gauntlet. The combo goes easily to the 30s and 40. The spiders will respawn if u go as near as the elevator or through the door with the 5 spiders required to kill mentioned above.

Thats a good one too! Never thought of that.

I haven't got this trophy yet, but the suggestion of the beds is very appreciated.

Now, I have one question only, do I have to actually throw the bed to the spiders or can I just hit them without throwing it and still count as an enviromental kill?

Thnx again for the tip...

Edited by Zuriel_666

Now this is just theorycrafting here, but wouldn't it be possible to apply the crossroads strategy to the shadow challenge where you have to amass a bunch of enviro kills? Seems to me if you can kill a bunch, then save your game and reload, it'd go pretty fast.

I'll have to test this out.

I haven't got this trophy yet, but the suggestion of the beds is very appreciated.

Now, I have one question only, do I have to actually throw the bed to the spiders or can I just hit them without throwing it and still count as an enviromental kill?

Thnx again for the tip...

Definitely throwing. A lot faster and guarantees more kills just because those spiders are so fragile. Make sure to equip that weapon enhancement that says "drastically increases damage of environmental objects". I forgot its name now.

It may be obvious to people but a good way of speeding this process up is to just equip the abyssal chain. You can then pull the objects into your hands rather than running over and picking it up. Like I said this may sound obvious but took me a while to realise it.

The other advantage of this is that it keeps you in aiming mode so you don't have to click R3 in, then take aim, blah blah blah. Just grab n go!

I've been trying to do this at crossroads and it's taking ages, and this is because I've gone to far and the cars aren't respawning. D'oh. I'll try the spider room although I don't even recall their being beds in the room?

Just thought I'd throw my experience in here. There are hospital beds in that room with the spiders but they seem to have all disppeared when I was grinding out weapon XP, and they haven't respawned, even after shutting the game down. Same goes for the crossroads, I exhausted all of the environmental weapons.

So I started a new game on easy and killed every single person I came across with the environment (as long as there something there). I ended up getting the trophy on the way to Choking Grounds and it was really easy. It took about an hour.

I had to go back and do the Aerial Predator trophy anyway so I figured I'd get that other one as well.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm at the end of the game cleaning up trophies (I have War riding Ruin in circles right now as I type this to get that ridiculous 100 mile trophy), but no matter how many times I return to previous dungeons my environmental items never respawn. Is it a glitch or did I simply miss my chance at this trophy in this playthrough? If I can't get it, it's no big deal since I have to do Aerial Predator, the helicopter trophy, and beat the game on Apocalyptic anyway, but that would be one less trophy for me to worry about on my next playthrough if there's a way to get it on this one. Thanks!

There is a tunnel between the Choking Grounds and the Broken Stair that is decent. There are only about 3-4 duskbats in there but there are also about a dozen cars :D

If you time and position yourself right you can kill them all with one car, and you can use each car twice.

So I'm at the end of the game cleaning up trophies (I have War riding Ruin in circles right now as I type this to get that ridiculous 100 mile trophy), but no matter how many times I return to previous dungeons my environmental items never respawn. Is it a glitch or did I simply miss my chance at this trophy in this playthrough? If I can't get it, it's no big deal since I have to do Aerial Predator, the helicopter trophy, and beat the game on Apocalyptic anyway, but that would be one less trophy for me to worry about on my next playthrough if there's a way to get it on this one. Thanks!

I have the same problem. At one point, I've used up all the environmental items and I cannot get any more kills in for this trophy. I guess a second playthrough is needed if you missed it during the first one.

There's a method that, while time consuming, works like a charm. Head to the Dry Road, and once you climb the demonic growth, you'll see a lamp post on your left. Take it, and walk up the hill. Kill the two zombies by using Square, and then save your game. Load that save, and when you start, you'll have the two kills, and the lamp post will be back where you found it. The game puts any weapon you're holding back where you found it. Rinse and repeat, and you're done.

There's a method that, while time consuming, works like a charm. Head to the Dry Road, and once you climb the demonic growth, you'll see a lamp post on your left. Take it, and walk up the hill. Kill the two zombies by using Square, and then save your game. Load that save, and when you start, you'll have the two kills, and the lamp post will be back where you found it. The game puts any weapon you're holding back where you found it. Rinse and repeat, and you're done.

while i havent tried this method (currently riding my horse in circles), im wondering if restarting the game on easy will be faster. i tried to use environment kills when i could, i just wish it would tell me how many more i need. i wish game devs would include shit like that.

This was my last trophy before Platinum. I managed to get it yesterday.

Some people say that you need to do it in 2nd playthough in order to get this trophy because the number can be accumulate into 2nd playthough.

I done it in 1 playthough only.

After I finished the game, I went to Cross Road and use all the enviromental object there to kill all the zombies and those blue demon. I dont use environment object to kill those red demon, cause i dont want to waste it. When all enemies at Cross Road die, I travel to Scalding Gallow and use some cars and pole to kill few blue demon and fire bats. Then I travel back to Cross Road again. I repeat this process untill all the environmental object at both area clear. (Please note that: the building at the Cross Road which is next to the library got a lot of tables, chairs, etc.)

Then I go to Dry Road, I use the pole to kill 2 zombie there. While holding the pole, I save game then I quit and load back the save game. I appear at Dry Road, the pole still remain at the same place.

I repeat this at Dry Road for 2 times, I got the trophy,

Edited by indiana