Soul Farming Locations

Jay_Slim

If anyone has a good location to farm souls please post it.

Ok, after beating the first worm you'll go through a tunnel on the way to Stygian. In the tunnel there's a new Vulgram location. Instead of beating the next boss, I traveled to Ashlands where I found this location.

Alright, once you're in Ashlands, mount up and head to the most northeast part of the map. There should be a blue shadowflight sphere and an entrance to a cave you can enter with Ruin.

Go through the cave until it dead-ends. You'll come across lots of enemies that can easily be slain. Now turn around and head outside. Kill all four blue horsemen. These guys net you 150 souls( I think) each.

I will post how many souls this nets once I figure it out.

Again, if anyone has better locations, post em!

---UPDATE---

Okay, this run will net around 500 souls per run, each run should be about 2-3 min.

If you have the Reaper attachment equipped, it will be between 650-700 souls per run

and yes, this will unlock The Horseman trophy.

Also, You can also do the above method just go back inside the tunnel. Go all the way to the dead end and touch the wooden gate. Come back out and the blue horsemen will have respawned. These guys net you 168 souls per kill with Reaper enchantment.

I also found out that once you exit the tunnel (killing all the enemies inside the tunnel) and kill all four horsemenn outside, if you travel southeast to the first crank/drill whatever then re-enter the tunnel those enemies respawn as well! So IOW you have an infinite loop of enemies to amass large ammounts of souls in less time.

Enjoy.:)

Here's a video courtesy of Thunder_At_Home which demonstrates the above method perfectly.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is excellent, thanks for the tip jay. I went out for lunch and left ruin doing circles to work towards the "Dark Rider" trophy, but honestly, it's better to do this method and get your Horsemen and Dark Rider trophies while getting an absolute stack of souls. You'll need to grind eventually anyway, and this seems like the quickest way to do it :D

Do you know if this infinite loop scenario disappears after you beat the boss? It might be handy to keep coming back to. :D

EDIT: This is working out better than I expected, and it's gotten faster as my Chaoseater hit level 3, and I invested some of my orbs back into the Mercy, so now the horsemen go down in about 30 seconds each. As for a guaranteed respawn route for the enemies in the canyon, I use this route: Exiting the canyon, I head straight out and to the right past a series of rocks and encounter the first two riders. I find that keeping them in twos rather than engaging all four leaves you less likely to be ganked from behind by one of their attacks, which can be especially annoying on apocolyptic >.< It's no big deal if you die here, which is one of the great things about the jay's infinite loop, but it does set you back a couple of minutes, so you want to try to avoid it.

After killing the first two, head over to the other two and deal with them. Now, to guarantee respawn of the canyon enemies for the return to the gate, go through a nearby archway, turn and back under it again. This seems to be just the right distance away for them to respawn, and works every time. Using the loop, I gained 10000 orbs in the past hour, but i think i might be able to get another run in now that the runs are taking less time, and i've got an upgraded blade and gun. I'm going to keep doing this till chaos eater is max level, as my Dark Rider and Horsemen trophies popped a while ago now. Again, thanks for this Jay! Huge help :D

Edited by Vegetoacs

Yeah, this is excellent, thanks for the tip jay. I went out for lunch and left ruin doing circles to work towards the "Dark Rider" trophy, but honestly, it's better to do this method and get your Horsemen and Dark Rider trophies while getting an absolute stack of souls. You'll need to grind eventually anyway, and this seems like the quickest way to do it :D

Do you know if this infinite loop scenario disappears after you beat the boss? It might be handy to keep coming back to. :D

EDIT: This is working out better than I expected, and it's gotten faster as my Chaoseater hit level 3, and I invested some of my orbs back into the Mercy, so now the horsemen go down in about 30 seconds each. As for a guaranteed respawn route for the enemies in the canyon, I use this route: Exiting the canyon, I head straight out and to the right past a series of rocks and encounter the first two riders. I find that keeping them in twos rather than engaging all four leaves you less likely to be ganked from behind by one of their attacks, which can be especially annoying on apocolyptic >.< It's no big deal if you die here, which is one of the great things about the jay's infinite loop, but it does set you back a couple of minutes, so you want to try to avoid it.

After killing the first two, head over to the other two and deal with them. Now, to guarantee respawn of the canyon enemies for the return to the gate, go through a nearby archway, turn and back under it again. This seems to be just the right distance away for them to respawn, and works every time. Using the loop, I gained 10000 orbs in the past hour, but i think i might be able to get another run in now that the runs are taking less time, and i've got an upgraded blade and gun. I'm going to keep doing this till chaos eater is max level, as my Dark Rider and Horsemen trophies popped a while ago now. Again, thanks for this Jay! Huge help :D

Sure np;)

I also found out those four horsemen respawn as well so you can kill all of them and then head back in the tunnel.

The reaper helps out alot and once your sword is at lvl 4 then the horsemen go down in 4 hits.

As far as this disappearing, no it does not if you're referring to Stygian.

I'm already at the black throne and I've gone back a couple times to farm.

Edited by Jay_Slim

I've passed the Straga battle at this stage and have found that Choking Ground to Crossroads is quite good for souls. My quickest run is about three minutes but that was without boosting or using Ruin so it could be done faster. I was also levelling up mt Scythe and Gauntlet so that slowed me down. Big payoff was from the demons at Crossroads.

Have been using the following parrern Aridlands -> Serpant Path -> Choking Ground -> Crossroads -> Serpant Path (repeat)

This is a good attempt if not a bit misinformed on a few parts of this farming. As I just finished it myself, here's a few points:

- You can kill all four horsemen at anytime, every single time and they will always respawn, you do not need to leave one alone. Just like the spider farming, you can safely kill everything, return and they'll be right there waiting for you. You do not need to go all the way back to the gates.

- After killing the four, head back to the crack near the blue geyser, head to the last rock on the left side, turn around and head back out. The four horsemen are back ready to die.

- It's best to do this after you get the final blade, horsemen take 3 shots at the most and add it with the dark rider and 150 kills trophies and you'll get the battle hardened trophy in no time. Don't let the horsemen kill you, it's a big waste of time, it's much faster to just kill them, run back to the last rock, turn around and go back. You'll nab 10K souls in a half hour or so, easily finishing what combos you need.

- Refer to this video for a great reference point: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Cch1QE--w]YouTube - Darksiders : Soul Farming (560 souls in 85 seconds)[/ame]

Edited by Thunder_At_Home

This is a good attempt if not a bit misinformed on a few parts of this farming. As I just finished it myself, here's a few points:

- You can kill all four horsemen at anytime, every single time and they will always respawn, you do not need to leave one alone. Just like the spider farming, you can safely kill everything, return and they'll be right there waiting for you. You do not need to go all the way back to the gates.

- After killing the four, head back to the crack near the blue geyser, head to the last rock on the left side, turn around and head back out. The four horsemen are back ready to die.

I noted this in post four, thanks for the vid Thunder_At_Home. I'll update the first post with video.

I'm gonna have to try The Ashlands farming spot. So glad you posted that vid, Thunder.

Just beat the game (awesome ending, huh?), spent last night maxing out my weapons at Iron Canopy. It gets so repetative.

I still have yet to get Dark Rider (wtf, it takes forever to get >_>) so yeah, this will be two brids with one stone.

Another good spot (to also level secondary weapons and) gain souls is the spider spawns... There are a lot of spiders in the Iron Canopy (Silitha's place). Once you gain the Abyssal Chain and beat the spider mini-bosses + brood mother, head to the newly opened door (the GIANT webbed door that was previously locked by the 5 spider seals). Enter the door. This will be you're start of the loop.

Head out of the door, left, and the growth. Through the room of spiders (approx. 20-25). Head out the door, down the hall and kill the 4 in the next room. Head through the right door, and jump down. Kill the spiders in this room (approx. 15-20). Leave this door, kill the 12 spiders in the next room. Head through the only option and up the stairs. Jump down into where you fought the spider mini-boss. Kill the approx. 5 spiders in the little area. Climb up the elevator shaft and back into the room on the top floor (of the glass floored room). Kill the 12-15 spiders in this room. This is the end of the loop.

Jump down to the ledge, shimmy across, and jump back to where you entered this room. Make your way back to the spider-seal door (beginning of loop). The spiders will all be back on your way back. Just duck into the spider-sealed door, let it close and open it again. This resets the entire run.

This is my discovery, let me know what you think.

I can do the entire run in about 3-4 minutes and it nets from 700-1100 souls (1140 with Death's Legacy on Scythe). This run levels weapons easily as well, netting anywhere from 1/5 to 1/4 (of max level - more on earlier levels).

Seeing how there is no need to max out your sword, and how long this actually takes, I'd definitely have to say that the Iron Canopy spiders is a better spot. You can get 200-250 souls in 30-45 seconds there, as well as skill up your weapons, and not be bored to death from a long run.

There's more efficient (and less boring) ways to get the "Dark Rider" and "Horseman" trophies, which obviously this method would help contribute to. In the time it would take you to max out all of your weapons you would have all of the souls you'd ever need.

• 3 weeks later...
This is good and all getting almost 700 souls per 2-3 mins, but i rather farm using the spiders getting 200+ using the scythe and enhancement. It takes less then 20 secs to kill the spiders and getting 200+ souls, so do the math.

Plus it actually levels the weapons that matter (Chaoseater LVL is useless). I said exactly this like two other times in this thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

idk if anyone said this or not yet, but there is an even faster method. In The Ashlands, at the very north area of the map there is a well. it looks like a circle on your map with long spikes sticking out of it. here's what you do: jump into the water and climb back out, go look out at the desert, you will see that 2 horsemen have spawned. jump back in the water and climb out again, you will see that there are now 4 horsemen. repeat until satisfied. each time you jump in the water, 2 more horsemen spawn. I think one guy on YouTube said he had something like 30 horsemen on the field at once.

btw, yes this is a glitch, u can tell because when yur fighting the horsemen, some of the riders flicker in and out of existence, and yur horse does too. but it's a good glitch, and so far it hasn't f***ed up my gameplay. so it's trustworthy

Edited by oversoul53