Aerial predator trophy

southurnbuck

Can any confirm if you need all 160 kills in one mini game or can you come back and add to it later. BTW make a save before you use the key just in case. I have tried this a few times now and I still lack about 25-30 kills each time I reload my save to try for this trophy.

EDIT: I finaly got it with one extra to spare. That was a pain in the ASS!!! took me about 10 tries to get my timing and aiming down.

Edited by southurnbuck

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This trophy, I'm assuming since I didn't get it, is right before you go to the first dungeon with Tiamat. You steal an angelic beast from an angel and ride it to where you fight Tiamat (you know when it ends because your bird fights Tiamat when you get there).

Essentially you have to get 160 kills during this rail section (if anyone remembers Panzer Dragoon, this looks to be inspired from it).

this one is pretty brutal...does playing on an easier difficulty make the enemies die easier in this flying part? because i am on apocolyptic and there are few angels that wont die... and my last 2 runs i finished 5 and 6 short of 160... its definitly attainable on apoc i'm almost there but if things would die in one hit it would make this really easy...

Without giving any spoilers.......

someone please tell where at in this game can i get this trophy, and what is the angelic beast.

You can get this trophy at the end of the Broken Stair level. You have to obtain a key for the Blue Gate. Before you use the key , make a manual save so you can try this again later if you fail at this the first time.....which is probaly going to happen...LOL

does playing on an easier difficulty make the enemies die easier in this flying part? because i am on apocolyptic and there are few angels that wont die...

As for difficulty I don't know cause I'm also playing it on Apocolyptic too. Remeber to target the ground enimies to before entering the cave (the gas trucks on the ground). If you can take down the big bat looking thing fast you can concentrate on the smaller ones.

I'd like to know if you can come back and get this trophy or not, or do you have to get it the first time you play (or when you reload the save which is really the character's first time). I like to proceed through the story getting whatever trophies I come across naturally, and then after I finish the game go back and get trophies I missed. So is this a trophy that you cannot go back and get later in the game?

I'd like to know if you can come back and get this trophy or not, or do you have to get it the first time you play (or when you reload the save which is really the character's first time). I like to proceed through the story getting whatever trophies I come across naturally, and then after I finish the game go back and get trophies I missed. So is this a trophy that you cannot go back and get later in the game?

This is not a trophy you can get later in the game. It is definitely missable if you aren't trying to get it. I missed it when I was on my way through the game since I didn't even realize it was a trophy.

This is not a trophy you can get later in the game. It is definitely missable if you aren't trying to get it. I missed it when I was on my way through the game since I didn't even realize it was a trophy.

Same thing happened to me, I didn't check the trophy list until well after that part so I'm screwed unless I play the game again, oh well...

On a side note, being a HUGE Panzer Dragoon fan, I loved that part. Made me want to bust out my old Xbox and play Orta!

Also, do you have to make it through the entire section without dying and kill 160? Because some of the angels that shoot the three energy blasts that appear at one point in like a group of four always manages to kill me..

Sidenote: After seven tries I'm still averaging that I have roughly 130 enemies I still need to kill once I first enter the cavern from the streets. Is it even possible or am I completely boned at that point already.

Edited by RedMoonSharingan

Also, do you have to make it through the entire section without dying and kill 160? Because some of the angels that shoot the three energy blasts that appear at one point in like a group of four always manages to kill me..

Sidenote: After seven tries I'm still averaging that I have roughly 130 enemies I still need to kill once I first enter the cavern from the streets. Is it even possible or am I completely boned at that point already.

yeah i know dying doesnt take away from your kills but i don't know if where you spawn there are less or more enemies spawned...because when i die at the same part with the 2 angels there the area is void of enemies except them... i still haven't tried from lasts night i will after work tonight but i was finishing only 5 or 6 short even with dying...

i am going to try rapid firing at the little bugs rather than locking on to them in my next run...i'm unsure weather or not the lock on only kills the ones they target or have an AOE damage to the ones around them

yeah i know dying doesnt take away from your kills but i don't know if where you spawn there are less or more enemies spawned...because when i die at the same part with the 2 angels there the area is void of enemies except them... i still haven't tried from lasts night i will after work tonight but i was finishing only 5 or 6 short even with dying...

i am going to try rapid firing at the little bugs rather than locking on to them in my next run...i'm unsure weather or not the lock on only kills the ones they target or have an AOE damage to the ones around them

For me trying to rapid fire the tiny little bats vs. targeting them with the charge shot seems to be doing absolutely nothing either way. I targeted a whole chain of them through one section of the cave where they come in like three swarms and out of all of them I only got maybe five kills total. And rapid fire doesnt seem to do any better. But that's just me.

How are you guys getting the count to how many you have killed? Do you have to count them manually because when I finished it there was no way that I could tell to see how many I had killed.

Yea, right after it shows you the controls for how to shoot, press select to bring up your stats. Look at your current kills and then add 160 to that. At the end, subtract what you got vs what you should have got and that's how much you're short. I'm falling short by about 30 every time and it's starting to piss me off.

This trophy is really aggravating me. I am not proceeding forward with the game until I get this son of a bitch.

The closest I've come is about 15 short of the target: 160. Annoying as hell.

Here are some tips I discovered:

- Go into the Options menu and turn up the X and Y sensitivity for aiming up to about halfway. I think this allows aiming to be slightly faster. Anything above that seems to be too fast.

- Always, and I mean ALWAYS hold down R2 and drag the cursor around until you highlight FIVE enemies/targets. Quickly release and hold. Never let go of R2 unless your firing.

- Focus on the smaller enemy types. Bats, bugs and angels with white wings.

- Rapid firing (tapping R2) will not get you anything with killing enemies. So, forget about doing that method. Only use rapid fire to shoot the fuel tankers on the street.

- Don't worry about the angels with the golden wings, key word, golden. You can't kill them, at least I can't. Also, there are angels that will shoot these homing grenades at you. Shoot the grenades and focus on the smaller enemies in the area (if any).

- Try to memorize the flight. Know what to expect in each and every area. Keep in mind of the checkpoints. If you feel that you did good on a certain area and a checkpoint is reached, keep that in mind. If you fuck up on a later area, let the enemies kill you and you will start over on the checkpoint. Just re-do it until you feel that you did pretty well. Each checkpoint may take several tries --- but, shit, might as well make it worth the hustle.

The aiming sensitivity did help me a bit but not by much. The main problem with trying to homing target the flying little bugs that come in swarms is that because they zip around corners so quick your homing shots just smash right into a wall trying to follow them and you wasted a shot. At least that seems to be the case with me. My highest kill count I've managed to get before entering the cave is 37... something tells me that's not nearly high enough.

I have the same problem with the homing shots going into the wall. It's frustrating.

I do pretty well once I enter the cavern (the second one after fighting in the streets). It's the street area where I struggle with all those damned angels and their homing grenades. There's a specific spot where angels, bats and a few tankers all appear at once. I just totally mess that part up.

I'm going to keep trying though.

I blow stuff up on the streets and it never does any good, doesn't take out anyone or anything. I manged to get a solid 40 kills in the streets leaving me 120 for the cave but I still fall 20 to 30 short every time.

So far my best run is that once I enter the cave I have 122 left to kill.

Edited by RedMoonSharingan

It seems now, if you fire homing shots and then rapid fire after for a few seconds you can kill a few more. I managed to kill two of the homing grenadiers, first time I've ever done that. I also was able to kill the dragon beast in the cave doing this method as well.

But, I'm like you. I get about 30-40 kills in the street and then have about 120 kills left once entering the cave - but end up 20-30 short. Closest I've ever been in 15 or so.

There has to be another trick to this. This trophy is brutal. Very brutal.

I don't think Vigil Games tested this part of the game, lol. Seriously! A Bronze Trophy to be almost flawless in a horrible "Panzer Dragon" segment with aiming that is utterly ridiculous. If they had picked 100! Yeah, sure. That'd be doable for a Bronze. But, 160? It's more of a hail mary. You just chuck some bombs and bullets out and pray that they hit.

Luck and incredible skill is what this takes.