Is fast travel asking too much?

Sabre Captain

It irritates me that the fast travel option you ultimately get still takes a minute to walk between the portals. Since there are no enemies in Vulgrim's area, it just seems like a pointless hassle.

Man.. y'all must have hated gaming pre-ps2.

I remember walking the entire map in Morrowwind.

Or the original FF's.

Fast travel is a privilege, not a right. Enjoy it when it's given.

Man I remember those good old days when you had to explore the game and such. Now everyone just wants to get to from one place to anoher In a matter of seconds. Gamers should appreciate what the developers have created and love it :).

Exploring is great, if it's a new area, it's constant backtracking people don't like.

Exploring is great, if it's a new area, it's constant backtracking people don't like.

Exactly! I'll explore the heck out of a game when I get to a new area, but slogging across areas I've already been to can be boring. Having trophies that award for having a percentage of a map explored (like Sacred 2) are always givens for me. :p

• 3 weeks later...

I certainly appreciate the fast travel and portals that they implemented in this game. My only gripe is that the platforming section in the middle of the portals seems unnecessary. I didn't mind it for the entire game until I had to backtrack to get all of the collectibles in the old levels with the new skills that are acquired later in the game. I think they included it to mask the loading times of the areas that you warp to.

• 1 month later...
My only gripe is that there's no Vulgrim location in the Iron Canopy so you have to take a ten minute horse ride every time you want to go there or leave.

Couldn't agree more. At least one near the entrance (other side of the grapple points) would have been nice. That and the area where you fight the griever. Seemed like it took forever to get in and out of there during my item cleanup.

there's a few ways to travel in this game but you'll have to be visiting areas quite a few times :/ I found the traveling a little confusing sometimes... best to look for the collectibles towards the end of the game when you're almost done (you should have all, if not not of the items you'll need to look for everything.

• 7 months later...

what you have to understand is that those zones are only there to avoid the painfull "loading screens". This is a way for developpers to load textures, ennemis or mapping.

You waste 45 seconds in those portals, but without them, you would have to wait 45 secondes before a loading screens.

There are other ways to hide loading screens. Any long corridor is also a loading zone. There is not much texture to treat there, so your console is able to load the next zone you'll be in.

Also, doors that are long to open (remember doors you had to open in God of war? O button smashing? Well, it is a "loading doors". Your processor does nothing but treating the opening of the door... and loading the next zone.

I know that this may seems painfull but you have to understand the true meaning of thoses zones and why the developpers include them in a game. I really prefer that kind of loading.

• 2 months later...