Did you enjoy this game?

P3hmo6

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends' some liked some not please tell your answer here... I'm maybe going plat this because got this free for ps+ years ago...

I got darksiders in august. ordered on ebay with some others.

I'm interested in starting this soon. someone told me it was zelda on steroids so I decided to buy it. but ps3 out of memory so I can't start yet.

Three gripes :

- Graphic engine feels dated, lighting & shading are PS2 standard.

The quality models / beautiful art make up for that somewhat.

- Legit Plat is just about impossible, 2 trophies have insane requirements.

They can be obtained via tricks / farming.

- There is a bugged chest marker on one map, a pain when you unaware.

I wasted time looking for something I had already picked up.

Gameplay / Story it's not pure gold but pretty close.

Zelda / LoK stew, with seasoning of DMC / GoW / Portal. I loved it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a great game, I bought and platinum'd this 2 years ago, but never got the trophies sync'ed cuz my ps3 froze every single time I logged into PSN. I sold that PS3 along with the game.

Now I got myself another PS3, and after I platinum'd Darksiders 2, I bought this again. It's a refreshing change of pace from 2, which I thought had puzzle overload. There's more combat here, graphics are cleaner and more crisp too I thought. Atmosphere also kills 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great game, really fun! I honestly did not want to play this at all, but was recommended it relentlessly. After 2 hours of playing it I loved it and was glad the person that told me to play was so pushy because he was right! Fun, original enough, entertaining story, a bit challenging and basically everything a game for gamers should be. Play it.

I didn't really care for this game and I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it (Thanks, PlayStation Plus!). After about eight hours into it I got bored and only completed Darksiders because I already invested so much time into it.

My biggest complaint is that Darksiders tried to be too many games rolled into one: similar combat to God of War, running/time bending elements like Prince of Persia, the portal gun from Portal, a third person shooter, dungeon rip offs from Zelda (Fire level? Check? Water level? Check.), etc.

Darksiders just didn't feel like it had a soul to it. It's like THQ took mechanics from popular games, threw them into a blender and came out with Darksiders. And even though the game is several years old, I still say it looks like a really good looking PS2 title. The controls were whack, too.

I deleted the game immediately after the end credits.

I've enjoyed it, but the controls are pretty clunky, which is really annoying on hard when you get hit and lose like 3 bars of health and the grind trophies are just plain annoying I'm not sure I'd buy it just because there are better games out there but I didn't have to so no big deal. It's still one of the better psn+ games we got lately.

Edited by Stalemate666