Potential issue with trophy: battle hardened

Heruva

Hi all,

Following the trophyguide here on this site, I followed the instructions provided to get 'the scyte' trophy by entering the code.

However, there is now one upgrade i cannot buy from vulgrim. It says that the scythe needs to be at level 2. It IS at level 2 but since i used the code, it is no longer the standardscythe, but the harvester. Vulgrim will not let me buy the upgrade

I assume this will prevent me from getting the battle hardened trophy...

I am just about to battle tiamat on apocalypse difficulty.

Should i continue playing and replay the game on easy later to get battle hardened, or would it be better to restart now?

Thanks for any advice,

Heruva

Edited by Heruva

I would think that replacing the scythe with the harvester wouldn't make a difference trophywise, otherwise the forum would be filled with warnings not to get the harvester. So, if you're definitely and 100% sure you fulfill the requirements for the upgrade, but can't get it, something must have glitched. I would suggest you start a new game (probably on a different save spot) and try again. Playing a new game only to get Battle hardened would be one hell of a grind and take ages, better get this while playing on apoc. The good thing is that you noticed this in an early stage of the game and that you don't have to bother about Aerial Parking and Improvised Kills again...

Edited by dcdfan

Yeah I would definitely be 100% sure before you decide to start over, it takes a long time to get battle hardened, the grinding for it sucks. I used the code for the harvester and had no problems getting battle hardened.

Do not have any doubts about it. It doesn't matter, as I used the code and got the Harverster. Leveled it up with no problems and bought all upgrades.

Hi all, thank you for sharing your advice.

Well then, yesterday I took the time to verify everything once more and I could only conclude that I still could not buy the upgrade for the harvester, even though it should be possible.

So I took the time to delete some save files, restart, use the code and level up the harvester again. And... Tada... suddenly Vulgrim showed his soft side and allowed me to buy the upgrade.

I have now clue as to how this glitch occurred, but it's fixed now.

Luckily I was not so far into the game yet, thanks for sharing your thoughts on how to deal with this.

Also, I've done aerial parking, the environ kills and duskbat trophy, so that's great. But somehow I always seem to get exactly 132 kills on the angelic beast lol...

Anyways, thanks again, I can now enjoy this game again.

Edited by Heruva

There's a special thread about it:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/darksiders/35892-aerial-predator-trophy-tips.html

Just make a separate save point for it so you can try later and still continue in this game or finish it completely and restart on a new game+ on easy with the Abyssal Armour and rush to the flying part. On easy with the armour you're basically invulnerable, there's no need to dodge any bullets any more which helps a lot...