Deathinitive Edition Crashes

Ceromorth

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never experienced any sound glitches, but I've had some crashes, too. Not too many and the game has a fair auto-save feature, so not much time lost. And if I'm not mistaken, the game saves after each collectible anyway, so there should be no need to perform an extra save.

Only one crash so far that had me worried. I was working my way through the Arbiter's maze, and around level 7 I had a crash. Luckily the game saved my last position so I was able to pick up on level 7 when I got back into the game. The appropriate trophies popped as well (all side quests and completing the maze).

By the way, the last few crashes happened only a few minutes after booting up the game. My first use of Teleport Slash not just teleported my Death across the battlefield, but also my game to the desktop...

If I remember correctly, the PS3 version had a few issues (ie. game freezes, crashes, and even sound issues) but that was not until NG+ for me. I think the Crucible was acting up for me too. I remember defeating 25 waves, then the game just sitting at 25 and not progressing to wave 26.

Wow I don't like reading this. I really love this franchise but if the game tends to crash I'm not sure if I'll purchase it that soon. This is disappointing. :(

do not worry it is not as bad as it sounds. most people have only had 1-2 crashes. mine has only crashed twice in now 3 full runs with 2 full crucible runs. believe me if it was crashing on a regular basis i would be pissed.

do not worry it is not as bad as it sounds. most people have only had 1-2 crashes. mine has only crashed twice in now 3 full runs with 2 full crucible runs. believe me if it was crashing on a regular basis i would be pissed.

I concur. During my NG+ I only had 1 crash (in 10 hours), so it ain't that bad. Though I also experienced a sound glitch where half of the sounds were filtered out. That was during a boss fight. Good thing with the removal of certain sounds was that I finally paid more attention to the soundtrack! Nice piece of art! After rebooting the game the sound was back up to specs.

I concur. During my NG+ I only had 1 crash (in 10 hours), so it ain't that bad. Though I also experienced a sound glitch where half of the sounds were filtered out. That was during a boss fight. Good thing with the removal of certain sounds was that I finally paid more attention to the soundtrack! Nice piece of art! After rebooting the game the sound was back up to specs.

i had that happen once on my first playthrough as well. but it was not in a boss fight it was in the Dead Overworld.

You guys are lucky. On my NG+ playthrough I've probably had 20 crashes. I think the game doesn't like my overpowered character, because it always seems to crash after I do a ton of damage. Necro build + 100% arcane critical chance + 400% arcane critical damage. I basically can't use Frenzy because it breaks the game, literally.

Ive had perhaps about 30 crashes altogether, im only halfway through NG+.

Sometimes its crashes a few mins after begin the game, when loading an area, during a cutscene, fast travelling!!

Ive never had a save corruption though so thats a +!

I actually had the game crash in the exact same place on both playthroughs which cause me having to redo the Boss! It was in the cutscene after defeating The Guardian, it crashed with the Crow on the screen looking at me twice (no doubt it was laughing)!

This game is so buggy, but hopefully its only game freezes and nothing else bugs out!

There no way they wouldnt have come across this bugs when testing the game! They perhaps had their reasons, but a game shouldnt receive a port like this!

I actually had the game crash in the exact same place on both playthroughs which cause me having to redo the Boss! It was in the cutscene after defeating The Guardian, it crashed with the Crow on the screen looking at me twice (no doubt it was laughing)!

Ha, I had the same thing happen! Had to redo the whole annoying Guardian battle. Only crashed once on me there, though, so I guess I was lucky! :)

I actually had the game crash in the exact same place on both playthroughs which cause me having to redo the Boss! It was in the cutscene after defeating The Guardian, it crashed with the Crow on the screen looking at me twice (no doubt it was laughing)

Exactly the same spot for me, having to do the guardian all over sucks :(

Edit: and on my ng+ playthrough too!

Edited by IannnG

Haha, yeah i had that crash too, seems to be commonplace here... But it only crashed on my first run, on NG+ it didn't crash though I was holding my breath...

You guys are lucky. On my NG+ playthrough I've probably had 20 crashes. I think the game doesn't like my overpowered character, because it always seems to crash after I do a ton of damage. Necro build + 100% arcane critical chance + 400% arcane critical damage. I basically can't use Frenzy because it breaks the game, literally.

I had the same problem, kept crashing during the fight with Archon.

Turned off the damage indicators, hasn't crashed since ;)

It seems to have trouble calculating the propper damage output, poor coding I guess..

Edited by BF-Phoenix86

Turned off the damage indicators, hasn't crashed since ;)

It seems to have trouble calculating the propper damage output, poor coding I guess..

If that's the case, the developers could ask their colleagues over at Blizzard's how they do damage output calculations on Diablo 3. There it's like multiples of tens and hundreds of million damage points each second. There's so much damage going on that sometimes the screen shows more damage numbers than actual enemy blood...

Im in NG+ on earth and in this section alone i have over 50 crashes, i kid you not!!!! There will be more since im not done on earth yet.

This is the most broken game ever! But im gonna get it platinum for sure but ill never touch this game again when its platinum.

Well i think i figured it out. While i was posting my previous message i read that someone suggested to turn of the damage indicator in options menu. So i did that and earth secuence did not crash again.

So i advise everyone to turn off damage damage indicator!!