Crucible Pass Unavailable?

Shadiochao

I just bought the Full Digital Download version in the EU store's sale, however, when I try view my online inbox or Crucible stats, I get a message saying the Crucible Pass is unavailable and that I need to redeem it.

Is there something I need to do to activate it? Only the one download file was added to my list and I've already had a look through the menus.

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same problem. I haven't tried to send an item to a friend yet but it says Crucible Pass is unavailable. I thought Online Passes were always included with digital versions of the game.

Did anyone else buy the digital version and face the same problem? Anyone knows how to fix it, besides buying the damn pass separately?

I didn't manage to fix it. In the end I had to buy a physical copy of the game and use the code in that.

Kind of taught me a lesson that I should look around for better deals even when I think I've found the best. During the sale, I paid £8 for the digital game without the pass when it was only £5 for a new physical copy with the pass. So I'm down £13 now when it could have only been £5 :(

i bought Darksiders II from the store too and it added three files to my download list, the game itself, a file named Darksiders II Crucible Pass (4 MB) and the game's soundtrack album. are you guys installing the Darksiders II Crucible Pass and still having this problem or did it not give you that at all?

hmm. i bought my game 1 year ago. it became dirt cheap on the store right after THQ going bankrupt. i think what happened is since now some other company acquired Darksiders I and II now THEY are selling it and collecting the revenue from PS Store. and for some reason they removed the crucible pass from the store version of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't seem to find the Crucible Pass on the Asia PSN store, my copy of Darksiders II is a pre-owned one and the code inside has already been redeemed.

Would anyone here have any idea on how I can rectify this problem?

I was under the impression that the Asian release didn't need the pass or is that only the Japanese version :think:? If the Asian release does need the pass but it isn't on the store, then you're stuffed and your only option is to get one of the other releases and redeem it in the relevant store (e.g. EU, US etc.):(.

I was under the impression that the Asian release didn't need the pass or is that only the Japanese version :think:? If the Asian release does need the pass but it isn't on the store, then you're stuffed and your only option is to get one of the other releases and redeem it in the relevant store (e.g. EU, US etc.):(.

The Asian (R3) version does require the pass. What I'm not sure is that if I get the other releases, then purchase and download/install the pass on my PS3 using a SEN account, will it allow my Asia PSN account access to the pass as well?

I know it's possible to bypass the region lock restrictions using this methods for DLC, but I'm not sure if it would work for online passes.

Quick update. I bought a new copy of Darksiders II (R3), tried redeeming the code and wasn't able to. I guess this is because Nordic Games hasn't put up the content on the Asia PSN store yet.

I'll try to get a R1 copy of the game and see if it'll allow me to play on my Asia PSN account.

That I'm not sure about as some do but others don't :(.

So I bought a brand new R1 copy of the game, redeemed and downloaded the pass using a SEN account. Then I switched back to my Asia PSN account and I was finally able to access the crucible.

• 4 months later...
Darksiders II is on sale on EU store right now. Does anyone have fresh experience if crucible pass is included?

Unfortunately it is not included in the digital download, though it says full digital download. I bought the game like 4 days ago and it's without crucible pass.

Oh well, I'll just have to buy it separately. It's a great game and it's definitely worth it.

• 7 months later...
Unfortunately it is not included in the digital download, though it says full digital download. I bought the game like 4 days ago and it's without crucible pass.

Oh well, I'll just have to buy it separately. It's a great game and it's definitely worth it.

This really sucks. I bought it from some price-cut deal weeks ago, i remembered i saw an Ultimate Bundle but i thought the online-pass should've been included in the full digital version.

Now i have to buy another Crucible Code to platinum it. Shit...

This really sucks. I bought it from some price-cut deal weeks ago, i remembered i saw an Ultimate Bundle but i thought the online-pass should've been included in the full digital version.

Now i have to buy another Crucible Code to platinum it. Shit...

We're in the same boat then. I finally started playing the game a few days ago, I'm having fun on apocalyptic, especially now that I have a health steal weapon. I'm gonna buy the crucible pass these next few days (probably next week). If you're also just starting out on the game, feel free to add me for the Pay It Forward trophy. None of my buddies are currently playing this game. I obviously need new friends!

We're in the same boat then. I finally started playing the game a few days ago, I'm having fun on apocalyptic, especially now that I have a health steal weapon. I'm gonna buy the crucible pass these next few days (probably next week). If you're also just starting out on the game, feel free to add me for the Pay It Forward trophy. None of my buddies are currently playing this game. I obviously need new friends!

Je te remercie de l'invitation mais à mon avis si tu possèdes un autre compte dans ton console, tu sera capable de transférer les cadeaux vers lui. Il sera plus facile comme ça.

Bien sûr, tout d'abords il faut tes 2 comptes deviennent amis.

Si t'as encore des problèmes, je vais t'aider pas de soucis. De toute façon je devrai acheter un Passe en ligne, merde

Je te remercie de l'invitation mais à mon avis si tu possèdes un autre compte dans ton console, tu sera capable de transférer les cadeaux vers lui. Il sera plus facile comme ça.

Bien sûr, tout d'abords il faut tes 2 comptes deviennent amis.

Si t'as encore des problèmes, je vais t'aider pas de soucis. De toute façon je devrai acheter un Passe en ligne, merde

Mais ça alors, t'as raison, bien sûr que j'ai plusieurs comptes, en fait j'en ai 3... oh y'a longtemps que j'ai écrit en français... bonne exercice pour moi!

Translation time: of course it's possible to get the Pay It Forward trophy solo if you have a 2nd account on your PS3. That's how I boosted a few games already...

Merci pour ton idée!

Mais ça alors, t'as raison, bien sûr que j'ai plusieurs comptes, en fait j'en ai 3... oh y'a longtemps que j'ai écrit en français... bonne exercice pour moi!

Translation time: of course it's possible to get the Pay It Forward trophy solo if you have a 2nd account on your PS3. That's how I boosted a few games already...

Merci pour ton idée!

U r welcome. Apparently most of Swiss can speak French, wish u good luck on Darksiders II.

An Italien guy told me on PS BLOG that the Digital version used to include Crucible Pass but later the new owner of Darksiders serie must have adjusted the contents on PS Store. This really sucks!

Edited by loveaya

U r welcome. Apparently most of Swiss can speak French, wish u good luck on Darksiders II.

An Italien guy told me on PS BLOG that the Digital version used to include Crucible Pass but later the new owner of Darksiders serie must have adjusted the contents on PS Store. This really sucks!

Thanks a bunch. Just finished apocalyptic, and it was easier than I thought. But then again, Darksiders 1 wasn't difficult, either. Good luck to you, too!

Yeah swiss children learn both german and french at school. And my wife being bilingual portuguese/french helps keeping me on my toes...!

Yep THQ (original publisher) went bankrupt and the new publisher, Nordic Games, obviously dropped the pass from the digital version. Too bad, lotsa good games that were published by the Nordics.

Edited by Theophobos
added stuff

Thanks a bunch. Just finished apocalyptic, and it was easier than I thought. But then again, Darksiders 1 wasn't difficult, either. Good luck to you, too!

Yeah swiss children learn both german and french at school. And my wife being bilingual portuguese/french helps keeping me on my toes...!

Yep THQ (original publisher) went bankrupt and the new publisher, Nordic Games, obviously dropped the pass from the digital version. Too bad, lotsa good games that were published by the Nordics.

Your progress is much faster than mine. I just played it a little. Too tired after work during the week.

I didn't see your location was Berne, there u speak German isn't right? I've been in Zurich 2 years ago and i passed Basel almost 2-3 times per year. After that i know that i should learn German!

Your progress is much faster than mine. I just played it a little. Too tired after work during the week.

I didn't see your location was Berne, there u speak German isn't right? I've been in Zurich 2 years ago and i passed Basel almost 2-3 times per year. After that i know that i should learn German!

Oddly enough, gaming is exactly what helps me after a hard day's work.

Yep Bernese people are german speaking, but we're at the border to the french language here. 20 minutes by train and the world speaks french already. Small country, 4 official languages, gives ya a new perspective on things.

If ya need some help in learning german, just gimme a call. After all it's one of the toughest languages to learn.

It is indeed a great game, but the crucible doesn't really add much to the game in my opinion. Kind of lame that you have to buy it separately, but I guess there are worse deals out there.

Definitely! I paid like 5 bucks for the game, adding another 10 for the pass ain't that much of a crime. 15 bucks for that game is still a great deal!

Oddly enough, gaming is exactly what helps me after a hard day's work.

Yep Bernese people are german speaking, but we're at the border to the french language here. 20 minutes by train and the world speaks french already. Small country, 4 official languages, gives ya a new perspective on things.

If ya need some help in learning german, just gimme a call. After all it's one of the toughest languages to learn.

Danke!

Yep gaming could help us relax. This weekend i'll focus on Darksiders 2.