If you completed the game on easy/normal....

F8L Fool

If you have completed the game on Easy or Normal, does it ask you to do a New Game+? If so, does it import your character to the same difficulty or the next level of difficulty?

The reason I am asking is that depending on the answer it will greatly influence how someone has to go about getting the platinum.

Any help answering this would be greatly appreciated as I completed it on Apocalyptic I in my first run, so I don't know if it differs from difficulty to difficulty.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i started on Normal for 1st and IF I can find that LAST friggin Mystic Stonebite i will beat the last 2 bosses and try to do NG+ on Apoc. so i will let you know my results.

You can finish the game and continue on your current save to mop up the side quests. So there's no need to hold back the ending any longer :).

i know that. i am waiting to do the Crucible until i finish so i can 1-shot it. i am only missing 1 just 1 Mystic stonebite.

EDIT:

ah the CURSE of Gfaqs can be VERY helpful. i posted there about it and sure enough i FOUND the last one. i was looking in the right area but the WRONG statue in the Gilded Arena. let me get back to Blackroot then i will kill the last 2 Bosses.

Edited by DarkAmon

I also want to know that if you can do New Game+ on easy or normal without bumping it up to Apocalyptic, can you hit level 30 on it as well?

This will be a tough trophy to test. I was thinking that to get the Apoc trophy you would have to start your actual new game, when you create the save file, choosing Apoc and never switch it via options.

So, I was guessing that if you started a game, chose Easy, got to the end, did NG+ bumping it to Apoc, and then beat NG+ -- that it wouldnt pop your trophy because you started it as an 'easy' game when you created the original file.

The way I roadmapped it for myself was to start on Apoc, and once the trophy pops to bump it to easy for NG+/Crucible which seems backwards I suppose to bump it down at your character's strongest but figured it was best to be safe.

This will be a tough trophy to test. I was thinking that to get the Apoc trophy you would have to start your actual new game, when you create the save file, choosing Apoc and never switch it via options.

So, I was guessing that if you started a game, chose Easy, got to the end, did NG+ bumping it to Apoc, and then beat NG+ -- that it wouldnt pop your trophy because you started it as an 'easy' game when you created the original file.

The way I roadmapped it for myself was to start on Apoc, and once the trophy pops to bump it to easy for NG+/Crucible which seems backwards I suppose to bump it down at your character's strongest but figured it was best to be safe.

I was afraid of the exact same thing. Start on Apoc. then mop everything up on NG+ as Easy.

I'm only in the second world, but I'll try and switch to Apocalyptic prior to final boss. I hope it works b/c it will suck to beat the game and not get any trophy.

When you try to change the difficulty it says "You will only receive rewards for the lowest difficulty setting that you choose." From the way it's worded it seems like if you go down to Normal difficulty to skip a boss from Apocalyptic, then back up, you'll get only the Normal completion trophy.

How it will work going the opposite direction, I do not know. Also how it will play into New Game+ is a mystery to me as well.

Hopefully someone can do it before I finish this last trophy, otherwise I'm going to just replay the entire game again from easy, on a separate PSN.

Ignore my previous post. I am sorely fed up with this game. I doubt I'll even finish it, much less get the Platinum. This game is truly been poorly designed on lots of things.

Trolling again! Im playing it on normal on my first playthrough and finishing everything so if you cant switch to apoc. all i will need to do is play main story missions.

Edited by SWAT_brigadeCT

OK i beat normal and selected YES to NG+. When i selected the file it took me to the "Options" menu like starting a Brand New game to choose difficulty and Adjust Gamma.

I have as well on normal and switched to apocalyptic difficulty for my bum rush run through of NG+. If I get there before DarkAmon Ill let you know as well.