XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > T (PS3) > The Darkness II

Old 02-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Skeet Shoot Problem.

having trouble with this trophy, they say the easiest way to do it is use gun channeling. but when i activate it then throw the enemy in the air, he just dissapears. any other ways to get this easily.

jimmylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Gold   I Am a Platinum God!!   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylad View Post
having trouble with this trophy, they say the easiest way to do it is use gun channeling. but when i activate it then throw the enemy in the air, he just dissapears. any other ways to get this easily.
Gun channeling would be the best way, just grab someone throw them in the air, press triangle then shoot him. If that doesn't work for you, weaken someone with gunfire, grab them, aim high into the air, throw them and shoot, preferably with akimbo guns and you are sure to get it easily enough. I hope this helps.

Edit: If you use gun channeling, be sure to throw him first then activate it then shoot him in the air, otherwise he may die when you attempt to grab him.

Last edited by hutch_2100; 02-22-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Extra information
hutch_2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I didn't think of gun channeling when going for this one.

the only advice I can give is, make sure you are using a machine gun with high fire rate. That way, even if you miss, you should still take the guy out before falling to the ground.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Blood_Runs_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm having a huge problem with this trophy too...Just got this trophy and finish the game on Don to do. Does anyone know if there is a particular chapter/area where this is easier? Eg Outside and/or weaker enemies? I have tried to get this trophy at every opprtunity, and failed!
rmrpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmrpanda View Post
I'm having a huge problem with this trophy too...Just got this trophy and finish the game on Don to do. Does anyone know if there is a particular chapter/area where this is easier? Eg Outside and/or weaker enemies? I have tried to get this trophy at every opprtunity, and failed!
Easiest way to do it is to have gun channeling maxed out, have dual submachineguns, and throw the guy in the air, activate gun channelling and fire at him before he falls. You should have plenty of time to hit him and he'll die quick, plus it should auto target him.

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

snake2410 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

This one's easy. Get your shotgun out. Grab guy, throw and immediately shoot for 1 shot kill.

< BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS DELETED >
PSN ID: DARKB1KE / STEAM ID: DarkByke

DarkByke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Took me quite awhile to get this going with a normal pistol as I did it in chapter 2
Old 11-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

This is the one thing left I need to do in the single player campaign. He always hits something and dies before I can get a shot off

frankthetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Had this one undone until the second playthrough. I did it on the chapter where in you have to fight your way through the Penthouse to claim it back (part where the Aunt dies). Just as you enter the "billiards room", enemies will spawn. I made sure I left one weak enough (armour gone) to be picked-up by the darkness tendrill, and take him outside. Since you are on the rooftop, you have ALL THE AIR SPACE you need to launch the enemy for a kill. I didn't use channeling, just an assault rifle and blasted him in the air.

Good thing is, you can always restart at checkpoint if you miss the opportunity. You have a lot of chances from the starting point up to the time you reach the billiards room. But those pesky light-bombers (if it's what you call them) can be such a hassle accompanied by a hoard of other baddies will not make it easy for you... which is why I chose and suggested you pick the last enemy before entering the "lobby" leading you back up to Jackie's bedroom...
Naps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

I feel like I must be doing this wrong. I press R2 + up on the right analog stick to lift him in to the air and one shot with a shotgun, and the trophy does not pop. Also tried with gun channelling and other weapons. Still not popped.
Kazzerscout is offline   Reply With Quote