Worth 20 Bucks?

PsykoXnauT64

Saw this at the local Best Buy for roughly 20-30 bucks, I've read a few things about some glitches, and the trophy difficulty, like everyone I'm a little strapped for cash, and I don't have time for stupid purchases.

One of the most common questions on the site: now that this game is cheaper, is it worth this new cheap price tag?

I actually bought the game for 14 €.

I didn't expect much but the game surprised me and I enjoyed it very much. Basically DV copies a lot but does it well.

The story from Matrix 2 & 3 (Battle of Zion)

The Watchers are almost identical to the Geth in the Mass-Effect-Series.

The beginning and the cover-based gameplay reminded me of Uncharted.

...and if you think that DV is graphically outdated...play NIER. DV has average graphics but the soundtrack (Bear McCreary!) is better than anything else I played this year (except for ME 2).

Definitely one of the better games I played in 2010. I can only recommend it, if you enjoy Sci-Fi.

It took me a couple of hours to get used to the jetpack controls but in the end it was just smooth.

Great game, definitely underrated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got it for 6€ at a Gamestop and have to say it was worth it. Took me a weekend to finish it and another day for platinum.

Dark Void has some huge flaws, like a subpar plot, forgettable characters and a not all that great cover system, plus it's glitchy as hell (trophywise and gameplay-wise). But I would still recommend it. The jet-pack makes the game a lot of fun at times, there are some great set pieces to experience and the score is great too.

Terrible game for 60€, but great for anything below 20€

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...