Avoid Dark Void!

scottq

This is the glitchiest piece of crap I've ever played. The trophies may look easy, but so many of them are glitched you have no guarantee to get them when you earn them. And even if you do manage to get lucky enough to get the plat, like I did, then you have to spend so much time replaying levels because of glitches that you'll wish you never started.

To be fair though, I'll say that some people have made it through the game without hitting glitches, and without the glitches, it would be a decent, mediocre game.

You've been warned.

This is the glitchiest piece of crap I've ever played. The trophies may look easy, but so many of them are glitched you have no guarantee to get them when you earn them. And even if you do manage to get lucky enough to get the plat, like I did, then you have to spend so much time replaying levels because of glitches that you'll wish you never started.

To be fair though, I'll say that some people have made it through the game without hitting glitches, and without the glitches, it would be a decent, mediocre game.

You've been warned.

Guess you've never played Mercs 2, Kick-Ass or Terminator....super glitchy games compared to Dark Void

Though I had to restart chapters four times from the beginning because they glitched, I did enjoy this game (thankfully no Grease Monkey glitch).

It's definitely worth $10-$15. Though if you are looking for a wham-bam-thank-you-mam plat (a la Terminator), you may want to look elsewhere, just because the potential is there for glitched levels/trophies that will force you to replay.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I agree if you play this for the Platinum/other trophies, save your nerves and don't get involved. The most glitched trophies include:

Ultimate Bad Ass - Beat the game at Hardcore. If you don't get it, you need to delete your save and play through Hardcore ALL OVER AGAIN.

Grease Monkey - Upgrade every weapon. It takes about 4 hours of grinding in the best possible place to rack up the tech points you need to upgrade everything. If this doesn't pop when you upgrade your last weapon, you're screwed. No back up save or anything will save you. You need to delete your save file and start collectin points ALL OVER AGAIN.

Fireworks - Kill 10 enemies with grenades that explode in the air. For most of us who have played Dark Void the correct nuber should be over 100 enemies. Most players need one and a half playthroughs to get this trophy. Least annoying of the three still.

So there, if I got you forgetting about trying to buy and Platinum this game, I got my mission accomplished.

In my opinion, is not that bad either, I had the save glitch (no matter where you save, if you shut doen your ps3 and turn it on again, it will respawn from the previous save point :) ). And I still need greasy monkey, but the game play is fun, and if you play it in difficult, it presents a couple of challanges.

• 1 month later...

Screw the trophies, the game itself doesn't work. I cannot get past the prison escape because it has frozen every time over the last 2 days, I'm going for another now before debating whether to find/DL a save or if this is one of those rare circumstances where I put a game away before finishing.

I think you may have a bad copy or a corrupted save as this game as never frozen for me on that level. The only times this has ever froze on me was on the Second level during the turret sequence and the last level when it froze on the load screen.

Do you have the 1.01 patch installed? Have you tried re-starting this level from scratch?

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

• 3 months later...

I really enjoyed this game - Ive completed it on normal difficultly and just need to play it again on hard to try and unlock the remaining trophies. I havent come across any glitches yet. I think sometimes it must depend on what type of ps3 you have as I have read that Terminator Salvation is glitched and slows down but I didnt experience any of that either.

• 1 month later...
Dark Void is good for a rental. It's a different gameplay experience in certain areas and it's not relatively difficult. I didn't get the DLC because I was never really good at the flying aspect, but the vertical cover system was a neat feature

Vertical cover was indeed neat, and I immediately thought Dark Void, when I saw them in the brand new Uncharted 3. I was like: "OMG, Dark Void had something unique Naughty Dog wanted in their blockbuster!!!" Well, the main character are both voiced by the same individual :D

Or the they just invented it themselves and it's just coincidence... :rolleyes: