Best Strategy for DLC trophies?

ChowderlyDude

Seeing as how there still is no guide for the dlc trophies here or on x360a and understably so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what worked for them in getting lots of points or if they got any of the silvers for 4.4/4.5m points. Specifically I would like to know what are the best multipliers to have that would not severely hinder you? I tried nightmare (more enemy health), time pressure and legend (solo) multipliers and that worked ok... still can't get past half the waves on abyss canyon though. No health regeneration until checkpoint appears to be a really bad one to have at least for me...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the dlc for this game is pretty hard, i havent been able to beat it yet, for the 2 trophies that are 4.5 million points in the rounds i suggest just trying to get the largest point multipliers possible and killing enemies as quick as you can

For Battle of Ghen Crag, you want to use the following multipliers:

-Time Pressure

-Low-Tech

-Legend

Use the Liberator (machine gun) and the Reclaimer (sniper rifle). Do NOT perform any upgrades. The Reclaimer will kill almost any enemy in two shots, sometimes one (always manually aim the Reclaimer; it seems to do more damage if you look through the scope, even if you are not hitting the head). The Liberator is to mop up enemies if you run out of Reclaimer ammo or are too close to manually aim. Just keep grabbing the ammo pickups.

Keep moving. Be carful with grenades, as they are more likely to kill you than your enemies. Take your time. If you use the above multipliers and keep up a decent kill combo, you will have no problem hitting the 4.4 million points. I ended with 5,744,850.

Also, make sure you kill the little purple slug things that sometimes pop out of dying enemies. You don't have to kill every single one, but aim to do it if you can. If you let them all stay in the environment, the game tends to lag and freeze around wave 7. Awesome......

i was doing so good, got to wave 9 and had lots of points and a 97x multiplier, but the lag made it impossible for me to hit those flying bastards and the time ran out. stupid piece of shit game. i am gonna try one more time now and if i dont make it this crap is going back to gamefly until they patch this.

edit: okay so i managed to finish a game completely without lag! i used your tip with killing the purple slugs but it would still lag at later waves. so i started looking into what caused the lag. the answer is weapons. every enemy you kill drop their weapon, so if you pick it up the game wont lag. of course this takes time so dont pick up everything, just a weapon here and there. my tip is having the oppressor as the second weapon, just because a lot of enemies use this weapon (at least until later waves) when you have a spare second waiting on the next group of enemies change to the oppressor, fire a shot and run over the oppressor the enemy dropped on the ground. this will remove the weapon and give you ammo. if other weapons are close fire another shot and run over it as well.

this will help you keep the game lag free!

Edited by Triple-X

• 2 weeks later...

Return it . Before its to late . By the time you realise its not worth it . You wont beable to return it . I got so pissed with the survivor missions not giving me my earned Trophies . I bent the game and trased it . They made that DLC extremely hard to beat . You die one time . Its back to the begining . No matter if you reach level 10 wave . You start back at wave 1 level 1 . I played it for days and didt beat it nor did I get earned Trophies .

furthest I've made it is Wave 7 on Ghen Crag.... I haven't even attempted the other one yet...

they could've at least put a checkpoint in there when you make it past Wave 5 or something... it's serious bullshit to punish us this way for a few extra DLC trophies...

I already have the Plat of course, but I'll keep grinding this until Tuesday when I trade it in to pick up Nier & Dead to Rights...

• 4 weeks later...
What's the deal with the second survivor mission, how am I supposed to get 4,5 million points. I can hardly hold the multiplicator since those UFOs are a bitch to kill.

If there really isn't a trick this will be the hardest 100% I've experienced so far :eek:

I'm stuck here as well. I can make it to wave 10 with Time Pressure, Low-Tech and Legend active but it takes to long to kill the Archons on that wave. I'm not worried about points I usually have 800,000 by the time I reach that wave but there isn't enough time to complete it. If anyone has any tips on that mission would you mind sharing them.

How do I get past the 6th wave in the second mission?

There are just too much of those freaking UFOs.. time always catches me up

my multiplicators are no allies, no health regen and time limit.

You're going to need to master the jet pack. Upgrade your jet pack once that takes out UFOs faster. I think it took over 40+ tries before I could make it. You also need to memorize were those floating balls are they're hard to see sometimes. Luck also plays a role in completing it some UFOs fly all the way in the back and go in circles. I couldn't make it without health regeneration there are a lot of shield UFOs on wave 8 or 9 and they do nothing but circle around a shoot me in the back.

You're going to need to master the jet pack. Upgrade your jet pack once that takes out UFOs faster. I think it took over 40+ tries before I could make it. You also need to memorize were those floating balls are they're hard to see sometimes. Luck also plays a role in completing it some UFOs fly all the way in the back and go in circles. I couldn't make it without health regeneration there are a lot of shield UFOs on wave 8 or 9 and they do nothing but circle around a shoot me in the back.

So you want to say that updating the jetpack once is better than updating it twice for the (sometimes thermoseeking) rockets?

And which multiplicators are you using?

I asked the only person who has the trophy earned yet and he managed to finish it with "hardcore mode" "no regen" "time limit"

And it's very hard to actually hit an enemie in the air while flying because they move and turn fast than you, it's easier to stay in an AA ark but those bloody things tend to hide between the canyons most of the times, taking most of your sight and making it even more difficult to kill the enemies.

Those flying bastards are easier to kill.

Oh yeah the UFOs with shield.. great idea, as if it isn't already difficult enough :rolleyes:

I wish burning testicles for every person responsible for this mission. The only thing I hated in the campaign were the freaking fights in the air and now I met my old nemesis in that second DLC mission again.. :mad::mad:

I've got to admit that this is the most difficult trophy out of my whole trophy collection, well maybe except the trophy for all team missions in NGS II but that one doesn't count since it depends more or less on your partner, in the Dark Void mission you are all alone :\

I found upgrading it to level three is a waste those rockets never hit anything when I fire them and the bullets seem to do more damage. Plus I'm using Low-Tech so everything costs 10x as much. My multipliers are Time Pressure, Low-Tech and Legend. I don't see how that person made it through with those multipliers. When I used no health regen I lost on wave 8. I did try using those AA guns but as soon as I do the UFOs go for one of the other ships. I hold down square a lot it seem to help turn you faster.

Edited by Dark_Adonis

Now I'm really pissed, I died for the 4th in row now without any certain reason. I was hijacking an UFO, and suddenly my health is down and I die.

I always thought I got shot during the QTE, but the 2nd time it happened it was the last UFO, and yet I died that strange way.

I experienced that once, so I can tell whether it happened or not, and it didn't hit the wall.

Dying by hitting the wall during the QTE is pretty unfair since you can't do anything, you even can't predict that.

Well, I just managed to complete the mission, and they didn't gave me the x6 bonus.

I have 454200 points at all, counting all 10 waves together, and the end score isn't about 2700000 :\

Must feel great.. finally suceeding in that bloody mission, highly anticipating the trophy and suddenly your happiness is thrown back by that:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6755/pict0001m.jpg

This is not the first time, already had this in the first mission, it seems like if you activate your upgrades being x10 times more expensive it doesn't give you x6 at the end

Edited by IndianaStatic

I don't know the score system is confusing. I completed it one time with the 6x multiplier but I end the mission with 2 million something points.This is taking longer to complete than I thought it would and I think me and you are the only ones trying.

Edited by Dark_Adonis

Yeah, unfortunetaly.I wonder why people don't like that game, it actually looks good and plays well, the story is meh and it's playthroughtime is under the average, but I wouldn't call this a bad game.

But the DLC missions are worthless, just two missions and the trophies for the second one take longer than platinum in the full game.

But I won't give up. I already can see improvement, two days ago I couldn't even get past Wave 2, now I just (like always) died due to time off at Wave 6 and had at the end 955k points.

Wave 6 and Wave 8 are the bitches of that mission.