How do you unlock grease monkey?

zer0 sp

I have all trophies but Grease Monkey. I just recently upgraded all my weapons to lvl 3 and my jetpack to lvl 3. I didn't get the trophy. I got to checkpoint. I didn't get the trophy. I exited to the main menu, rebooted my ps3.

What the hell do I have to do to get this trophy unlock?! Any suggestions, something I'm missing, anyone else with a similar problem?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a theory if anyone can help me on it: grenades. From the tips from the load screens, I remember them talking about Tesla grenades. Are these the standard issue grenades or are there 3 types of grenades (the first 2 being the standard and the watchers' fusion grenade.)

If any one can tell me if they are different and where they can be found. If not, I'm lost.

I have a theory if anyone can help me on it: grenades. From the tips from the load screens, I remember them talking about Tesla grenades. Are these the standard issue grenades or are there 3 types of grenades (the first 2 being the standard and the watchers' fusion grenade.)

If any one can tell me if they are different and where they can be found. If not, I'm lost.

The Tesla's Grenades are the standard grenades.

As far as the trophy goes, I agree that it might be a glitch. They trophy unlocked just fine for me, so either something is missing, or it's a glitch.

There are a couple of things I can think of to try to make the system "recheck" the trophy parameters. Try:

-going back and picking up the Hypercoil again

-going back and picking up the Magnetar again

-going into the upgrade screen for each weapon and backing out

-using a weapons locker, equip and unequip each weapon

Good luck. Hope this helps.

grrr well thanks. I have tried all that. I even got another kill with every weapon and grenade so I'm afraid it's a glitch. I borrowed it from a friend so I'm gonna have to try it again later

I HATE glitched trophies. I had to start a new game with Borderlands to get the 12 days of Pandora which was annoying. If I have to completely replay this game to unlock this one trophy for platinum I'm gonna be pissed.

Anyways, thanks theaface and guttsu. Maybe you can consider adding this glitched trophy in your guide. later

Damn it! Same thing happened here. Last trophy until the plat. I even read your post before hand and copied my save to a usb with only one upgrade to go just in case. After no trophy popped up I deleted my game data and reinstalled then copied my previous game save back to the ps3 and upgraded the final weapon again. No fucking luck! If anyone comes across this glitch and/or finds a way to get around it please post here. I really don't want to take the chance of playing the entire game again and having the same thing happen.

Edited by geiger12

Last upgrade for me was the Magnetar. I even did everything you suggested such as going back and finding it again hoping it would trigger something. I also deleted the game data then when the update came up I skipped it hoping that would work. May sound dumb but I was just trying anything I could think of to find what could be currupted(game save, game data, the game itself, ect..). I guess it's an occuring problem over at the sister site too. They suggested buying the final upgrade from the box during gameplay instead of before the level starts. Tried that as well although that's the only time I upgraded in-game. How did you upgrade? I also upgraded everything twice first then one by one fully upgraded everything starting with the jetpack. Just trying to narrow it down because it looks as if I might just have to make another run on casual and will freak if it doesnt work again. Last thing, I beat the game on hardcore then switched to casual for my mission selects to collect the rest of the tech points. Did you stay on same diff for the whole thing?

Edited by geiger12

Last upgrade for me was the Magnetar. I even did everything you suggested such as going back and finding it again hoping it would trigger something. I also deleted the game data then when the update came up I skipped it hoping that would work. May sound dumb but I was just trying anything I could think of to find what could be currupted(game save, game data, the game itself, ect..). I guess it's an occuring problem over at the sister site too. They suggested buying the final upgrade from the box during gameplay instead of before the level starts. Tried that as well although that's the only time I upgraded in-game. How did you upgrade? I also upgraded everything twice first then one by one fully upgraded everything starting with the jetpack. Just trying to narrow it down because it looks as if I might just have to make another run on casual and will freak if it doesnt work again. Last thing, I beat the game on hardcore then switched to casual for my mission selects to collect the rest of the tech points. Did you stay on same diff for the whole thing?

The last thing I upgraded was the Magnetar as well. I used the the pre-chapter screens as well as weapons lockers. My last upgrade was performed with a weapons locker. And lasty, I did change the difficulty mid way through from Hardcore to Casual.

Well I guess I'm going to have to play this again then. Sucks but at least the game can easily be beaten in under 5 hours with skipping all the cutsceens and playing on casual. I'll post and let you know if it worked. I'm only going to buy my weapons from the in-game boxes and stay on the same diff the whole time. crossing my fingers on this one.

Edited by geiger12

in the 360 site, that trophy/achievement is extremely glitchy, in the guide said that the only way to prevent the glitch is never upgrade your last upgrade from the menu before the mission start, but from the weapon locker.

@TC where did you upgrade your last upgrade?

Well after starting the whole game over, getting all the way to Defending the Arc, and playing the hell out of the previous chapter (I did some math and found that was the fastest in reaping tech points), I got my freaking trophy. I was gonna swear up and down and breaking the damn game if I didn't.

At any rate, I, unfortunately, can provide no details as to what I did differently (as I am not sure I did). And despite the guide's recommendation (I didn't read that prior to trying it), I did upgrade from the mission select screen and not a weapon locker.

I wish I could help further but I really didn't do anything differently. All I can say is these freaking developers should realize all the headaches we go through to unlock these trophies/achievements just for self-gratification or bragging-rights. I'm lvl 16 and counting yay :D

Well after a complete second playthrough I finally got it! It seems to be random but heres a few things I did differently. Don't know if it helped or not.

1. Upgraded every weapon in-game at the box

2. Did all my mission selects after I beat the game on same difficulty

3. Upgraded each weapon just once and made sure I got a kill with it before upgrading again (first play I upgraded a gun to max from level 1)

4. Didn't skip cutsceens during my mission selects.

Like I said it's probally completely random but those four are the only things I did different this time around.

Well after a complete second playthrough I finally got it! It seems to be random but heres a few things I did differently. Don't know if it helped or not.

1. Upgraded every weapon in-game at the box

2. Did all my mission selects after I beat the game on same difficulty

3. Upgraded each weapon just once and made sure I got a kill with it before upgrading again (first play I upgraded a gun to max from level 1)

4. Didn't skip cutsceens during my mission selects.

Like I said it's probally completely random but those four are the only things I did different this time around.

This trophy is glitched never upgrade from the start of a mission or pre-mission screen upgrade from the in-game box only you have been warned. Somehow the data does not save correctly in your profile data save and cause this trophy to glitch out from the pre-mission upgrade screen.

This trophy is glitched never upgrade from the start of a mission or pre-mission screen upgrade from the in-game box only you have been warned. Somehow the data does not save correctly in your profile data save and cause this trophy to glitch out from the pre-mission upgrade screen.

Not to add further confusion, but I think the only time I did upgrade was at the start of missions, and I got the trophy ok. Seems like this glitch is extremely random.

Phew, and I thought the trophy will glitch on me.

Basically, I just grinded all my tech points in "Breaking Point", and when I finally did the upgrades, I loaded up "Crash Site" again and got up to the part where you cross the bridge and a weapons box is located to the left. Everytime I upgraded a weapon, I made sure to do it slowly, and quitting back to the game screen so that it saves. My last weapon was the Hypercoil. The trophy appeared fine no problems whatsoever.

Not to add further confusion, but I think the only time I did upgrade was at the start of missions, and I got the trophy ok. Seems like this glitch is extremely random.

True, it has to be random. The first time I was aware of the glitch and I read that to solve the problem you just had to upgrade the final weapon in-game from the box. I made a save right b4 my final upgrade then like an idiot forgot and upgraded at the start menu with no trophy popping up. I deleted my game and saved data and reloaded my previous save and upgraded my final weapon in-game. Still no trophy. If it was true about just upgrading your final weapon that way it should have worked once I reloaded my old save. Same thing happened to me with the 12 days of Pandora on Borderlands. As far as I know thats completely random as well.

Maybe you have to upgrade them all the same way? Either pre level or in box?

Well on my second play through i started a new game on causal got to 2-4 breaking camp since this is the level you get the last weapon on and farm it till i got all 141600 tech points brought all upgrades at the box outside camp and the trophy pop

Maybe you have to upgrade them all the same way? Either pre level or in box?

For those of you who want to know,

I upgraded the 1st two weapons on the mission startup screen, then the remaining ones were a mix between the startup screen and the weapon locker.

My last upgrade: Jetpack level 3

My method of playing: Start Breaking Camp level, skip cinematics, shoot down all UFOs, skipped next cinematic (the one with Watcher transport), opened menu and selected 'Restart Level' and repeated above again.

Trophy popped as soon as I did my last upgrade.