Fireworks Trophy

theaface

Anyone else having problems with this? I've repeated the section on the Crash Site chapter where you can blow up 4 enemies with dynamite over and over, making absolutely sure the dynamite goes off in mid-air, yet still no trophy. Any help greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, the trophy just popped on another chapter. It's possible you may need to move to a checkpoint for your kills to tally up.

Edited by theaface

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Killed over 30 enemies (15+ on spot in crash site) with airborne grenades through several levels with no trophy! After reading these posts, I turned it on, threw a grenade at 1 enemy and got the trophy! So don't give up, just read these posts and then go get your trophy!

Yeah I killed way more than 30 enemies with airborne grenades and had lost hope =)

I just reloaded the level a few times from the beginning, eventually played a few more levels, and finally, tried the grinding spot one last time and it popped.

It is buggy, but it does eventually pop!

I was having problems too but seen as people are saying it randomly appears i'll just keep going for it

Edit: Just got it, think it was nearer 40 enemies i had to kill in the end, started from when you are first given dinamite, then it finally unlocked during the prison escape mission. I can't believe how glitched this game is, it feel as though it was still in development when they decided to release it... and the story writing is dire... graphics nothing special... collision detection is just, broken...

Edited by Witcomb

• 1 month later...

This trophy is definitely glitched. I must've killed several dozen enemies by throwing the dynamite in the air over their heads over the course of my playthrough...every chance I had, restarting several sections numerous times to add to my totals along the way.

However, it wasn't until I started a new game when I got it at the place where you first get the dynamite in Crash Site. I did got it in only three rounds, after throwing myself off the cliff after the first two to restart that section. That shows me that it was totally glitched in my first playthrough, and that I got when I would normally get it after killing at least 10 of the 12 enemies in those three attempts when I first got the dynamite.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i found that the part in "the revolt" where you climb up the ramp into the hanger was easier to get this trophy at. i died plenty there on hardcore difficulty b/c of those cheap one hit kill fusion grenades anyway, and the enemies were plentiful enough to rack up midair grenade kills of my own.

If you have trouble getting Fireworks, just occasionally spam grenades while being in vertical cover. Through normal play you should easilly achieve this because you'll hit the watchers while they're jumping from one platform to another.

Good spots:

U.S.S Cyclops (Spare Parts)

The Generators (In the Void)

The Hangar (The Revolt)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

starting a new game (not chapter select) solved the problem for me

i would've killed no less than 200+ before my nerve finally snapped... not good at all. -_-'

tried starting a new game as last resort and, miraculously, it worked. it popped on the 2nd time at the door, killed myself after the first time by jumping off the cliff

...now i'm waiting to see if the infamous grease monkey would glitch on me or not... :mad:

I had this problem to start with and eventually I got fed up, advance through the level a bit, killed another enemy with the grenade in the air, and got the trophy.

Whether that kill was actually required, or whether it just happened to trigger the checkpoint is another matter, but I definitely recommend trying to get to the next checkpoint before calling this one glitched.