Time to throw this crap out the window

Dark-Soldier2123

It's not that bad, admittedly the DLC isn't up to much but the main game is decent enough if you can overlook a few things. I will admit this isn't the greatest game in the world but it's far from the worst you can buy (Dead Island I'm looking you).

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

It's really decent game. Not superb at all, but also not weak. At least it's not just next repetitive shooter, but brings something new with its gameplay (I mean vertical combat and jet pack). Easy platinum makes Dark Void even more relaxing and the only boring moment that I remember from the time when I was playing it, was grinding tech points for Grease Monkey. Of course there are a hundreds of better video games, but also tens of worse.

• 1 month later...

Considering the fact the game is old enough, i can say for sure that it is a decent game with some nice additions eg air combat/Vertical. I found this not bad at all compared to other titles. I was a little disappointed with game mechanics especially move, flight and shooting but thats another case..

While not horrible, certainly not great. The vertical combat/movement was billed as one of the innovative features of this game, and in my opinion was severely under used. The majority of the game didn't use this mechanic.

I couldnt agree more, The game had to offer flight simulation, shooter and vertical shooter menaing, not enough time to spend on a certain type. Wasnt long game either and thus; no much time for vertical..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The campaign wasnt bad at all. The platinum however, was awful, like they left it for the last moment right when they were told they had to hurry up with the game.

If I could I would remove this tittle from my list of games, is mediocre at best. Thought this was going to be an underlooked game like WET (loved that one), but it wasnt. Even for trophy hunters/completionists is hard to recommend as it has a few glitches and doesnt even go to 100% (dlc required for it).

Sometimes I like to see my list of platinums to remember some funny/intense moments those games gave me. When I look Dark Void I just sigh and put a bad face, lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the main character voiced by Nolan North? I'm pretty sure he is. Also i don't know if a lot of people are aware of this but The woman who co-created portal was brought onto this game at some point in its development, not sure which position she held, or what her name is >_<

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The flying sequences, whether it's in a hijacked ship or in your jetpack, are fucking atrocious and unbearable! I think the worst part about it though has got to be the fact that it's damn near impossible to see wtf you're shooting at or even trying to line a target up to fire on it! It's HORRIBLE! Straight up fucking horrible. The radar, both in air and on foot is just as bad. Absolutely useless.

The a.i. when you have to protect him has got to be the biggest goddamn retard I've ever seen! Sure dumb ass, go run out into the middle of an intense gunfight with no cover whatsoever and just stand there trying to take out all the enemies like Rambo! Well done.

I regret playing this game. It sat on my list unfinished for years. I hate when games sit on my list unfinished, it nags the crap out of me. So here I am, forced to play this shit and platinum it because if not my conscience will never shut up about it and leave me alone. :mad:

Edited by TacoNinja

The flying sequences, whether it's in a hijacked ship or in your jetpack, are fucking atrocious and unbearable! I think the worst part about it though has got to be the fact that it's damn near impossible to see wtf you're shooting at or even trying to line a target up to fire on it! It's HORRIBLE! Straight up fucking horrible. The radar, both in air and on foot is just as bad. Absolutely useless.

The a.i. when you have to protect him has got to be the biggest goddamn retard I've ever seen! Sure dumb ass, go run out into the middle of an intense gunfight with no cover whatsoever and just stand there trying to take out all the enemies like Rambo! Well done.

I regret playing this game. It sat on my list unfinished for years. I hate when games sit on my list unfinished, it nags the crap out of me. So here I am, forced to play this shit and platinum it because if not my conscience will never shut up about it and leave me alone. :mad:

I feel for ya man. I had to do 4 playthroughs to (P) this. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I'll just chime in for anyone else who might be reading this.

I had no problems with this game. User experiences may vary.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties with the game, as I actually enjoyed it.

This is the boat I'm in. I didn't have any issues at all, and the game is actually one of my early favorites on the PS3.

I'm honestly happy that you guys didn't have these issues because man does it SUCK when you're on the receiving end of this mess. It's a headache, it really is. I'm not looking forward to the "Defending The Arc" chapter just because of all the glitches that people encountered. If it glitched on me twice so far (I'm on my 3rd playthrough of the level in Prison Escape as I type this so who knows if it'll glitch again) I can only assume that I'll be hit with the other glitches too.

*UPDATE* This fking piece of shit game glitched on me AGAIN!!! I'll play this goddamn chapter 1 more time but if it does it again I'm done. I'm removing the disc from my PS3 and snapping it in half, bringing it to the toilet and taking a huge shit on it! You guys are very, very lucky you didn't experience any of this nonsense because it's infuriating.

*UPDATE* Not that anyone cares, lol, but I FINALLY got through this God-forsaken level! Jesus, 3 hours and 4 playthroughs of the same level later and I can finally move on.

Edited by TacoNinja