Fastest Way To Grind Tech Points

Crazy-TrainZ28

Go to "Breaking Camp", play up to the point with the 3 Archon's (Big metal lizard looking things) Now use the repair weapon that you fixed the 4 generators with (preferably upgraded to level 3) and kill 2 of the Archon's. (make sure to collect your purple orbs) Then jump off the cliff and turbo down into the fog... It's a VERY quick 1,000 points & you do NOT lose your Tech Points when you kill yourself here!!! I racked up over 20,000 points in about 15 minutes.

Edited by Crazy-TrainZ28

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This method worked for me. At first it didn't but I think I was doing it wrong. How I did it to make it work was as soon as the fight starts there's going to be an Archon directly in front of you, one to the left and the other sitting up much higher in the center on a cliff. I jetpacked to the Archon right in front of me, killed him, and than jetpacked to the one on the left. Once he was dead I jetpacked off and straight down the cliff to my death, using boost the entire time.

My points never reset so I just kept doing this method over and over again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so I did a little testing because I was curious if this method described by the OP was "the fastest way"... and it certainly isn't. I timed on my stopwatch how long it would take me from the start of the level "Breaking Camp" all the way to the end of the second turret fight and it took me 7 minutes and 54 seconds to earn 5,900 points. Fighting the 2 Archons and than jumping to my death over and over again took 8 minutes and 5 seconds to earn 6000.

I didn't use a fully upgraded Hypercoil so I'm not sure how much of a difference it would really make. My Hypercoil was at level 1. Reason being is because I'm not upgrading anything until I have enough to upgrade everything at once, which is the point here so I don't get hit with that nasty glitch again.

So if you're in the same situation as me and haven't upgraded and don't plan to until you have enough points to upgrade everything at once than these times are approximately the average time you'd be dealing with between the two. Feel free to do whichever but I figured I'd post this for anyone who's curious.

Edited by TacoNinja

• 5 months later...
Fighting the 2 Archons and than jumping to my death over and over again took 8 minutes and 5 seconds to earn 6000.

I didn't use a fully upgraded Hypercoil so I'm not sure how much of a difference it would really make.

I didn't used the Hypercoil either, but it dosn't took 8 min to kill 2 Archons. For me it took about 2 min.

First i used my jetpack rocket, and when i was close i just used The Liberator to shoot rest of the legs. Then go for the head :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I farmed on Breaking Camp using the Archon strategy outlined above as well. I recommend using the LV3 Hypercoil so you can farm on Hardcore... Since that possibly avoids glitches...

(Grease Monkey did not glitch for me. For the record - I played on Hardcore, used pre level screens and mid level boxes to upgrade some weapons, then farmed the Archons on Level 2-5 just like the guide said - HOWEVER I never changed the difficulty and thus farmed on Hardcore so maybe that is important...)

• 2 months later...

Lvl 3 Hypercoil is definitely what you want in order to defeat the Archon's quickly, although I found the whole Breaking Camp chapter to be useful to gain tech points.

Two opportunities to sit in a turret easily shooting down enemies - getting 100 points a kill.

I just kept replaying this level, and using the section where you need to be on the ground to try and boost other kill trophies.