How do I kill ornstein and smough?

Killforce

I can't summon that npc to help me because i have to be in human form, and i can't enter human form because i ran out of humanities. And even if i go somewhere else to farm humanities, i would run out of them again when i die against those 2 huge knights and the archer in the room before ornstein+smough. They seem like boss fights in themselves!

• 2 weeks later...

I just managed to defeat them by equipping the ring of favor and protection, havel's ring, and as much of havel's armor as I could, then basically tanked a bunch of damage. Don't be too afraid of Smough, if you get up close to him he can't hit you with most of his attacks. Also, when he jumps, if you're close enough, you should roll into him, because that'll put you behind him while he's cooling down.

I can't summon that npc to help me because i have to be in human form, and i can't enter human form because i ran out of humanities. And even if i go somewhere else to farm humanities, i would run out of them again when i die against those 2 huge knights and the archer in the room before ornstein+smough. They seem like boss fights in themselves!

You can always summon help from another player instead of using Solaire. Or summon another player, another player and Solaire, or simply two other players.

O + S can be beaten easily enough using Pyromancy and ranged attacks. Just kill Ornstein first then use ranged attacks, magic or a spear on Smough.

• 2 weeks later...

KILL Smough first couse in NG+ Super Orenstein will kick your but. It alos doesnt hurt to use pyromany in this fight. You could also use humanities, Divine Blessing or Fire Keeper Soul if you are desperate enough for HP.

For Super Orenstein get up close to him and dodge his attacks. When you are close resorting to fire spells will help alot. Or just melee him with a good weapon in close. It shouldnt be too hard even by yourself.

Ring of Steel protection comes in handy here.

Edited by Paradigmatica

• 3 weeks later...

You can put down a white or yellow sign yourself and help others to get a feel for the fight. You also get humanity and souls if you succeed.

I did Super Smough yesterday in NG+ and man that was a nightmare.

What you have to do is always keep a pillar between you and Smough and fight Ornstein simultaneously. When Ornstein is dead, just learn Smoughs patterns and keep moving around the pillars. Also, some say that you can use the invulnerable moment of your roll to evade smoughs stomping insta-kill attack, but I haven't checked that ... erm ... couldnt check, whatever.

But really, do it with others plus Solaire. One of your group can easily tank Ornstein, whose aggro is pretty easy to maintain. The others chop down smough and then just keep track of the skills the boss is doing and evade the one-hit-kill-attacks and take your time. Never do more than one hit.

And even if i go somewhere else to farm humanities, i would run out of them again when i die against those 2 huge knights and the archer in the room before ornstein+smough. They seem like boss fights in themselves!

You can open the door to the Giant Smith on the left. You just have to get past the two archers once! And for that fight you should also camp at the other bonfire inside that cathedral.

Edited by Cyphron