"the end of the line" to this game....

IsaacPlaystation321

let me explain what I mean by the subject title of this post.

Has anyone ever gotten to the point that they seem rather hopeless to continue Dark Souls even though they so far ahead in the game and yet there is just something that they cannot get pass just so they can say "this is the end for me"?

because I'm so hopeless right now to face the Anor Londo bosses because I cannot summon an NPC to fight along with where he will take one boss and I will fight the other like teamwork. I'm so far ahead in this game and I dont have any humanity in my possesion and revive myself to human form. I believe that all the humanity farming is way back in the sewers of The Depths from those giant rats and I certantly don't want to go back there via Sen's Fortress, Undead Parish, Undead Burg

I mean I will never give up on this game but having to face two bosses at the same time like the bellfry gargoyles without any humanity and an NPC sounds unforgiving and it sounds like it cannot be done.

I googled some walkthroughs even tried to google "Dark Souls walkthrough Anor Londo boss Solo" and by reading the text it seems it way to complex for me. I could watch let's play and walkthrough videos on youtube but they are always going to show that you are fighting with an NPC. Because this is something you HAVE TO do. YOU cant' fight this next boss alone. It requires two characters to fight

I can give it a try, but I'm going to end up losing anyway so lets just be it. I hope that there is someone out there who had pass this part by themselves and can teach me how

Orstein and Smough are totally beatable solo. Just concentrate on killing one of them at a time. Don't try to attack them both. Whoever survives will heal himself fully. Try to kill Orstein first. If you can do that, Smough's super form is simple.

Orstein and Smough are totally beatable solo. Just concentrate on killing one of them at a time. Don't try to attack them both. Whoever survives will heal himself fully. Try to kill Orstein first. If you can do that, Smough's super form is simple.

thanks...whew I'm relieved that there is some hope. It may take me weeks but I will try to fight one at a time and when I do succed I will come back to this post and announce my victory

Is there a chance that I fight one of them and the other would come from behind and attack me while I have my camera locked in on the first one?

Edited by IsaacPlaystation321

I'm having a hard time with the Anor Londo Bosses. I had provide my own tactis and strategies by having a full set of estus flask and making sure I have 100% health by sprinting and dashing through from the bonfire to the boss without stopping to fight other enemies. I also had my Iron Flesh pyromancer which I use it to reduce damage. So I get to the boss area and here is where the trouble comes

I have to lock in with R3 to focus on one of them and fight. now the smaller boss (I cant remember how to spell his name) I try to take on but he's always parrying and jumping backwards to avoid my attacks and then the other one with the hammer attacks from behind. I run into the open and hide in front of the pillar to heal and the Iron flesh wears out so I have to redo it again. I'm trying to fight them both but they know how to parry. I ran out of estus flask and they killed me

What I found easier was to focus on attacking the big guy with the hammer because he is vunerable to lightning and guess what, I actiually killed him. But the other boss regenerate into a much bigger boss but I didn't even land a hit on him from before because I've focus on the other one. So he killed me.

This is the end for me like I said in the subject title. It's bad enough that I have to fight both of them , but when I eliminate one, there is a cutscene and allows the other to take advantage. It's not fair that after I fight the big boss, the smaller one generates into something larger

I just can't do this. I spent weeks on this one part ignoring other games and it's pissing the hell out of me. Nothing that was provided in the youtube videos worked for me

I'm having a hard time with the Anor Londo Bosses. I had provide my own tactis and strategies by having a full set of estus flask and making sure I have 100% health by sprinting and dashing through from the bonfire to the boss without stopping to fight other enemies. I also had my Iron Flesh pyromancer which I use it to reduce damage. So I get to the boss area and here is where the trouble comes

I have to lock in with R3 to focus on one of them and fight. now the smaller boss (I cant remember how to spell his name) I try to take on but he's always parrying and jumping backwards to avoid my attacks and then the other one with the hammer attacks from behind. I run into the open and hide in front of the pillar to heal and the Iron flesh wears out so I have to redo it again. I'm trying to fight them both but they know how to parry. I ran out of estus flask and they killed me

What I found easier was to focus on attacking the big guy with the hammer because he is vunerable to lightning and guess what, I actiually killed him. But the other boss regenerate into a much bigger boss but I didn't even land a hit on him from before because I've focus on the other one. So he killed me.

This is the end for me like I said in the subject title. It's bad enough that I have to fight both of them , but when I eliminate one, there is a cutscene and allows the other to take advantage. It's not fair that after I fight the big boss, the smaller one generates into something larger

I just can't do this. I spent weeks on this one part ignoring other games and it's pissing the hell out of me. Nothing that was provided in the youtube videos worked for me

Well, first of all, you're using Iron Flesh which to me is a problem for multiple reasons. This is not the type of fight you want to tank; it just takes too long. Second, I could be wrong, but I think at some point, a patch nerfed Iron Flesh so it's not as good as it used to be. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

I'm sure others may disagree, but I find it easier to kill Ornstein first (the skinny one) and fight Super Saiyan Smough (the fat one) instead of the other way around. Super Saiyan Ornstein can be a very challenging fight if you're not pretty good at dodging, which brings me to my next point.

If you aren't all that good at dodging, the best thing to do is to get the best shield you have (Eagle Shield, Shield of Artorias, Black Knight Shield, or Silver Knight Shield are all good) and just play super-defensively.

I have a set of Dark Souls videos up on my channel if you're interested. I would link it but I'm at work, and YouTube's blocked by my job's firewall. YouTube channel is Hitman1105PSN. I have a solo Ornstein and Smough video you can check out.

Well, first of all, you're using Iron Flesh which to me is a problem for multiple reasons. This is not the type of fight you want to tank; it just takes too long. Second, I could be wrong, but I think at some point, a patch nerfed Iron Flesh so it's not as good as it used to be. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

I'm sure others may disagree, but I find it easier to kill Ornstein first (the skinny one) and fight Super Saiyan Smough (the fat one) instead of the other way around. Super Saiyan Ornstein can be a very challenging fight if you're not pretty good at dodging, which brings me to my next point.

If you aren't all that good at dodging, the best thing to do is to get the best shield you have (Eagle Shield, Shield of Artorias, Black Knight Shield, or Silver Knight Shield are all good) and just play super-defensively.

I have a set of Dark Souls videos up on my channel if you're interested. I would link it but I'm at work, and YouTube's blocked by my job's firewall. YouTube channel is Hitman1105PSN. I have a solo Ornstein and Smough video you can check out.

When you get home post me all the youtube links from your channel on those videos...thanks. I hope that your videos can save me a lot of effort without the Iron Flesh because really the Iron flesh doesn't let me move so quickly and there is just something about running from ther attacks that needs to be done

Now how could I possibly land so many attacks with the lightning spear if they continue to parry?. I see that without the Iron Flesh, I'm very vunerable to their attacks because their weapons are so big and so long that they can stand 3 feet away and attack me and lose a lot of health. Even when I try to run as soon as I transverse through the fog, Ornstien is able to get up to me and stab me with his weapon

When you get home post me all the youtube links from your channel on those videos...thanks. I hope that your videos can save me a lot of effort without the Iron Flesh because really the Iron flesh doesn't let me move so quickly and there is just something about running from ther attacks that needs to be done

Now how could I possibly land so many attacks with the lightning spear if they continue to parry?. I see that without the Iron Flesh, I'm very vunerable to their attacks because their weapons are so big and so long that they can stand 3 feet away and attack me and lose a lot of health. Even when I try to run as soon as I transverse through the fog, Ornstien is able to get up to me and stab me with his weapon

I'll send you the link to my channel later on, assuming I don't forget.

As far as you getting hit as soon as you go through the fog, you either have to dodge, or quickly put your shield up. Usually, though, you have a couple of seconds before Ornstein charges you.

I'll send you the link to my channel later on, assuming I don't forget.

As far as you getting hit as soon as you go through the fog, you either have to dodge, or quickly put your shield up. Usually, though, you have a couple of seconds before Ornstein charges you.

Would you mind sending it to me aswell? :o

• 3 weeks later...

Don't give up!

For starters, this boss was certainly designed for co-op to keep it manageable, but it is certainly very possible to win this fight solo.

My first tip is to NOT use the lock-on when both O&S are still alive. This might seem like a bad idea, but it is much easier to keep tabs on the both of them without locking on to one or the other. Only lock-on when you attack and disengage it when you are not.

If this is your first playthrough, focus on killing Ornstein first. He is much faster and closes distance much quicker than Smough, so you will get more opportunities to get some hits in while Smough is still trying to close the distance. Stay far away from them; let Ornstein come to you and only attack him when it is reasonably safe to do so. Then create as much distance as you can and just keep letting him come to you.

Hopefully you have a well-upgraded weapon, but Pyromancies are very effective here too (most certainly if you have at least upgraded the Pyro Flame to a +10; Great Combustion is the best option, in my opinion, especially when coupled with Power Within, but Great Fireball can usually drop Ornstein if you manage to hit him all four times with it). If you don't have a well-upgraded weapon or access to Pyromancies/Sorceries, it will be a tough and long fight, but with enough patience you can still overcome it.

Once you have Super Smough to deal with, just keep him and the pillars around the room between the two of you. Only attack him during his recovery animations after he attacks and only take a single swing at him (preferably a running or jumping attack, but take what you can get). If you can kite him around the pillar you have chosen, he shouldn't even be able to hit you at all. If he does get around to you, just run to another pillar and repeat the process.

If you decide to kill Ornstein last, just stay right next to his legs. When he tries to create distance, just haul ass back to under his legs. In this position, the only attack you can be hit by is his butt stomp, so when he jumps in the air and you see lightning charging around him, run away from him until the attack animation is over.

Good luck!

Edited by TenDahlaG4mrTag

i'm hoping that by now you have managed to defeat o&s, but if you're still having trouble even with the sound tips you've been getting from different users, as you've said, they are much more manageable with real player help as well as NPC knight solaire. if you are in need of humanity to summon, try leaving your soul sign back in sen's fortress by the boss gate (very easy to get to if you have all shortcuts open). depending on your soul level (between 35-45 on average) it's usually pretty easy to get summoned there and the boss can be defeated within seconds. so as soon as you get your humanity by beating the iron golem, go back and try again with o&s with your newfound humanity. you can also leave your summon sign in front of o&s fog gate, but it's harder to get summoned there and leaving it by the bonfire requires you to play an entire level with someone which can be time consuming.

i'm hoping that by now you have managed to defeat o&s, but if you're still having trouble even with the sound tips you've been getting from different users, as you've said, they are much more manageable with real player help as well as NPC knight solaire. if you are in need of humanity to summon, try leaving your soul sign back in sen's fortress by the boss gate (very easy to get to if you have all shortcuts open). depending on your soul level (between 35-45 on average) it's usually pretty easy to get summoned there and the boss can be defeated within seconds. so as soon as you get your humanity by beating the iron golem, go back and try again with o&s with your newfound humanity. you can also leave your summon sign in front of o&s fog gate, but it's harder to get summoned there and leaving it by the bonfire requires you to play an entire level with someone which can be time consuming.

Or he could use the short cut from the spiral stair.

No, by now I still can't mannage to beat O&S and I decided to quit and demand to exchange the game for something else, but there wasn't anything good at the store that is worth for a trade. Now I tried to get humanity and summon other players, I got one player to enter my world and supposily he would follow me and come with me to the boss area but no, he just stand there. I thought of finding a summon sign near the boss area but those two big guys were standing in the way ready to kill me. I was also human and I was invaded by this guy in red and backstabbed me while attempting to find a white summon sign

No, by now I still can't mannage to beat O&S and I decided to quit and demand to exchange the game for something else, but there wasn't anything good at the store that is worth for a trade. Now I tried to get humanity and summon other players, I got one player to enter my world and supposily he would follow me and come with me to the boss area but no, he just stand there. I thought of finding a summon sign near the boss area but those two big guys were standing in the way ready to kill me. I was also human and I was invaded by this guy in red and backstabbed me while attempting to find a white summon sign

Trying leveling up if all else fails.

Trying leveling up if all else fails.

I'm on level 47, I can go soul farming in Darkroot Garden and become rich with souls and level up my HP. Wouldnt that raise my health bar (red line)?. Wouldnt I be able to level up my strength and dexterity to sufficiently use stronger weapons?

I would also need to upgrade my pyromancy spells and find who would take my fire keeper soul and raise my flask to 20

If you're having trouble with O&S, it may well be because of the weapon you're using. The spear is not a good weapon for boss fights, especially when upgraded towards Lightning (as Ornstein has very high Lightning resistances).

As a general rule of thumb: try to keep your stats as low as possible, except for Vita and Endurance. Unless you want to use Magic/Faith/Str/Dex based weapons/upgrade paths, there is no need to have higher stats than the minimum which is required to wield the weapon. Imo, the Claymore is a good allround weapon and requires rather low stats to be wielded. Simply upgrade one of these towards fire and you should have a lot less problems during the walkthrough.

Farming Anor Londo might be a good idea, since you will need some of the Weapons that are dropped by the Silver Knights in order to get the Weapons Trophy (iirc). Maybe try to get a couple more levels and boost your Vita/Endurance. I usually aimed for 50 Vit 40 End at lvl ~100-120.

Unfortunately, all my toons are around ~120 since i used to PVP a lot, when the game was fresh. But if you absolutely can't make it past the two, i might create a new toon and help you out. Let me know, if you require my help.

Edited by SickMuiMui

I'm on level 47, I can go soul farming in Darkroot Garden and become rich with souls and level up my HP. Wouldnt that raise my health bar (red line)?. Wouldnt I be able to level up my strength and dexterity to sufficiently use stronger weapons?

I would also need to upgrade my pyromancy spells and find who would take my fire keeper soul and raise my flask to 20

It pains me how much difficulty you're having. I, like the other fellow, though can only offer help in the 120-ish range. I have other toons that I could level up, but it would take me a while to get to Anor Londo, and at this point, I'm must not for it anymore. I've put in probably around 700 hours into Dark Souls, and I'm pretty burnt out from it.

Worst case scenario, maybe it's best if you just keep farming your souls and just get to an OP Soul Level. If you get anywhere near 100 or so, you could get help with the rest of the bosses in the game.

It pains me how much difficulty you're having. I, like the other fellow, though can only offer help in the 120-ish range. I have other toons that I could level up, but it would take me a while to get to Anor Londo, and at this point, I'm must not for it anymore. I've put in probably around 700 hours into Dark Souls, and I'm pretty burnt out from it.

Worst case scenario, maybe it's best if you just keep farming your souls and just get to an OP Soul Level. If you get anywhere near 100 or so, you could get help with the rest of the bosses in the game.

Oh I'm working on it. I'm getting lots of soul farming time at Darkroot Garden by doing that trick where you run to the small little space of grass from the stairs and alert the enemies to your attention and have them follow you, they will go up the stairs and jump down thereby commiting suicide

Oh I'm working on it. I'm getting lots of soul farming time at Darkroot Garden by doing that trick where you run to the small little space of grass from the stairs and alert the enemies to your attention and have them follow you, they will go up the stairs and jump down thereby commiting suicide

That's as good a spot as any to farm souls. Keep me posted. If you ever reach SL 120-ish, let me know and we can coop a bit. :)

That's as good a spot as any to farm souls. Keep me posted. If you ever reach SL 120-ish, let me know and we can coop a bit. :)

I'm on level 48, what level do I must reach to get to 120?

You know what I'm going to do, I'm going to spend my weekend on farming souls starting today . Each time of the day I could farm like 50,000 souls. So If I crank up 50,000 souls this evening plus another 50,000 tomorrow morning plus another in the afternoon plus tomorrow night, plus the whole saturday

I'd be looking at close to 500,000 souls. and call me crazy but I want to reach 1,000,000. YES!!! I would like to cheat in Dark Souls and abuse this soul farming technique so I can be the most powerful player in the Dark Souls Universe. So those bosses of Anor Londo better think twice before starting up with me.

I still have a Fire Keeper Soul but there is no one around to upgrade my Flask to 20. The muted NPC near Firelink Shrine is gone and I killed the NPC of Anor Londo next to the bonfire

I want to be able to boost my Pyromancy attack but I don't know where to improve it.

I want to get more unique shards like the one for the Drake Sword so the blacksmith can reenforce some of my weapons that needs an upgrade but I don't know where to find them all

I'm on level 48, what level do I must reach to get to 120?

You know what I'm going to do, I'm going to spend my weekend on farming souls starting today . Each time of the day I could farm like 50,000 souls. So If I crank up 50,000 souls this evening plus another 50,000 tomorrow morning plus another in the afternoon plus tomorrow night, plus the whole saturday

I'd be looking at close to 500,000 souls. and call me crazy but I want to reach 1,000,000. YES!!! I would like to cheat in Dark Souls and abuse this soul farming technique so I can be the most powerful player in the Dark Souls Universe. So those bosses of Anor Londo better think twice before starting up with me.

I still have a Fire Keeper Soul but there is no one around to upgrade my Flask to 20. The muted NPC near Firelink Shrine is gone and I killed the NPC of Anor Londo next to the bonfire

I want to be able to boost my Pyromancy attack but I don't know where to improve it.

I want to get more unique shards like the one for the Drake Sword so the blacksmith can reenforce some of my weapons that needs an upgrade but I don't know where to find them all

Isaac,

With the Fire Keeper Soul you upgrade how much HP is restored each time you drink from the Estus Flask, +0 gives you 300 HP and I think the max +7 gives you 800 HP. The 20 flasks you get by kindling the bonfires when you get the Rite of Kindling after defeating the Catacombs boss.

If all the Fire Keepers are dead, upgrading the Estus Flasks will be impossible for the current playthrough. Chances are, that the one at Firelink Shrine was killed by an NPC which you will encounter later in Anor Londo.

The Pyromancy Flame is upgraded at the Firelink Shrine as well, by an NPC that can be found in an area that leads to the sewers. You'll have to help that NPC before he appears at the Firelink Shrine.

Not sure what you mean by 'shards' for upgrading. I guess you mean Twinkling Titanites. These can be bought from the Giant Smith in Anor Londo. You can go there without beating Smough/Ornstein. However, iirc the 'Dragon' weapons all require Dragon Scales for upgrades. Those cannot be bought. You'll have to find the few that are available in a walkthrough or win them by duelling while being in the Dragon Covenant (which can be joined in the Ash Lake area). However, most of the Dragon Weapons have huge Str. requirements and are inferior to some of the 'normal' weapons.

Personally, i do not know about farming Darkroot. There are several spots that work well for farming souls. However i strongly recommend that you level up at a bonfire whenever you get the chance, unless you're totally sure that you will not die and thus lose the souls.

Edited by SickMuiMui

If you think high level means anything other than in the first playthrough against A.I., you need to understand that it doesn't.

I got now over 200,000 souls from farming in darkroot garden and it's not enough to be satisfied when I decide how I want to use them when leveling up my character. So, I'll do the unthinkable and go for 800,000 more to reach a million souls. I can do that by griding 200,000 in two hours for each time that I play for this weekend if I play morning, noon, and night plus the whole saturday 200,000 x 3 = 600,000 souls already. give me another day x4 and I will reach my goal

EDIT; Wow I'm littearly quite disapointed when I saw this http://darksouls.wikidot.com/stats this tells me each attribute description to the character and what is the MAX limit for that attribute. If I go anywhere higher than 40 on vitality, healing drops by 10, does that mean 10%

everything else like the endurance is maxed out at 160 when you raise it to 50

Does this mean that I'm getting my hopes up for nothing if I'm trying to acheve all these souls to level up entirely?

If I can share with you later the stats my character is on right now, will you guys tell me on which attribute should I level up the most with all these souls? I can also add more slots to my attulment (pryromancer spell)

Edited by IsaacPlaystation321