how is coop compared to Demon's?

alberick

I just platinum'ed Demon's Souls for the 2nd time and was wondering how is the coop in Dark compared to Demon?

Does it have the same limited coop, like putting down a blue stone and hoping someone calls you but only if the guy didn't kill the area boss yet?

Or can you just freely coop this time around without limitations?

Also, how are invasions? I hated this in Demons

I just platinum'ed Demon's Souls for the 2nd time and was wondering how is the coop in Dark compared to Demon?

Does it have the same limited coop, like putting down a blue stone and hoping someone calls you but only if the guy didn't kill the area boss yet?

Or can you just freely coop this time around without limitations?

Also, how are invasions? I hated this in Demons

Pretty much the exact same system, but with more frequent summon signs appearing and invaders invading because more people play this game than Demon's Souls.

The invasions are great if you are good at PvP, if not then they are a nightmare. I personally love being invaded :)

bought the game and coop is a fcked up as Demon's, barely any summon signs but plenty of invasions at moments you need them the least.

Plus it seems most invaders are total douchebags, in Demon's at least the majority had some etiquette by bowing, here they just rush you while your are bowing.

Plus I'm not feeling the game, it doesn't have the same 'mystical atmosphere' to it like Demon's.

Being an invader is the most fun though. :devil:

You know it!

Hunting gankers is all I do in this game these days :D

Also to the above poster, it's very true. The only place you will find "honor" duels is in the undead burg. And even then sometimes there are trolls there as well.

I never ever bow to an invader unless the duel was arranged.

I wouldn't call them douchebags though because this game was set up for people to kill you with any means necessary. Some people choose different ways of going about that.

Have you finished the game yet? If you haven't played tomb of the giants, that is a dark souls unique experience that should at least be tried once.

Edited by jaesub

Tomb of the giants? Is that the dlc? I have the 'Prepare to Die edition' but have no clue whats different to the 'normal' version.

Also, right now i am wondering if i'll ever be able to teleport to the various bonfires? So annoying having to walk thru the maps and remember what was where.

Don't worry, for me all invaders are douchebags, it just freaks me out when i'm just before some big enemy or trying to learn the map and someone invades. YEsterday, i had an invader just before the giant rat in the Depths, i didn't drop down and hid behind a wall, i saw the guy coming and he dropped down. I have no clue if he could ever have made it back to the platform i was on? After 10 minutes of waiting, i just quit the game via xmb:)

Plus it seems most invaders are total douchebags, in Demon's at least the majority had some etiquette by bowing, here they just rush you while your are bowing.

Darkwraithing isn't about honor dueling. It's about killing the other player, stealing their humanity, maybe killing their support phantoms too. You should never bow when someone invades since you're setting yourself up for a backstab / magic cast. As mentioned by jaesub, if you want some dedicated duels go into the Undead Burg (though you might find some ninja flippers there much more annoying than any Darkwraith....)

You obviously didn't play Demon's Souls when it was still plagued by low-level griefers who would destroy your equipment with the Scraping Spear or send you flying with the Storm Ruler and cast Death Cloud. There are douchebags in both games but at least the invaders get punished much more in Dark Souls since there's no upper level cap on invasions.

Oh yes I did, i was one of the first ones to buy it when it was relased.

Still, I can't remember it being so annoying as Dark, i used up 10 humanities today trying to do the forest part where you have to kill the Wolf boss.

I barely stepped inside and already had a fog gate up indicating someone was coming. I desperately waited for summon sign but insetad i got invaded by 2 guys at the same time, at the very moment I died, I suddendly saw summon signs on the ground, every time.....WTF?

Edited by RoutineX

the forest is a nighmere for invaders. plus if i recall propley there is a black phantom just at the cat convernent on a side note that convernent gives you a ring that you wll be sumond if some one trespases on the forest from a diffrent convernent.

Yup. The forest is ganker central, easily the worst area in the game for cheap gankers. Not to mention there's a whole covenant devoted to keeping out human invaders!