XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 03-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
RobiinMask

Default Killing NPCs

Hi,

I am right before the endboss and have the idea now to kill all NPCs and collect their treasures, then starting a NG+.
Exists in Dark Souls something like "Black Character Tendency" or other reasons I shouldnīt do that?
Donīt want to ruin my NG+.
RobiinMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
AlphaCookie
Events Director

Send a message via Skype™ to AlphaCookie

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   Staff - Events Director   5,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Gold   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Well if your going to immediately kill Gwyn and enter NG+, theres no reason to worry about the NPC's. All of them will respawn in NG+. It can be a good idea to kill the firekeepers right before NG+ to gain their souls to immediately reinforce your Estus Flask. Make sure to kindle all your Bonfires that you can too. Kindling carries over as well, but not the Rite of Kindling, so consider using the Humanity from the NPC's you kill to do that.

Killing an NPC does give you "sin" which allows Darkmoon Covenant members to invade you, but Sin is reset in NG+. So sin all you want, it doesn't matter once you defeat Gwyn.

PC Build: FX-6300 Stock Clock, 7770 Ghz Edition, 8GB DDR3 1866 RAM | #WeAreThe98%OfPosts
Twitch | Youtube | Actual signature of quality by ESYLD
AlphaCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
simonp92

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

killing NPC's before passing into NG+ will give you no penalty. When you pass into Ng+ all NPCs will be revived.

If you have the dark hand, humanity steal all from them before killing them to get the maximum amount of humanity.

Last edited by simonp92; 03-09-2012 at 07:53 AM.
simonp92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
skinfanfromIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobiinMask View Post
Hi,

I am right before the endboss and have the idea now to kill all NPCs and collect their treasures, then starting a NG+.
Exists in Dark Souls something like "Black Character Tendency" or other reasons I shouldnīt do that?
Donīt want to ruin my NG+.
It won't hurt your NG+.

Just make sure if you have any weapons or pyromancy flames that you want to upgrade or any sorceries, miracles, and pyromancies that you want to buy, find, or earned by covenants before starting NG+, to do it before you go on a killing spree.
skinfanfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
RobiinMask

Thank you!
RobiinMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
Kottin

Basically everything starts over.