XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-21-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
KreatioN

Default Dark Souls story

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Johnny Bananas; 11-21-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: please use spoiler tags
KreatioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
SnapGW

I can guarantee you, without a shadow of a semblance of a withering doubt.... No.

NO ONE has been in that situation. Getting to Alvina is a trial for new players, and it's almost impossible to get there without killing the "ghosts". (To be accurate, they are NOT ghosts, they're 2 warriors, 1 archer (NON respawning) and 1 Thief (respawning) wearing Fog Rings.) And players find that NONE of the Forest Hunters drop anything; just lots of souls. Pharis being the one exception, but he's the only UNIQUE member of the Forest Hunters that spawns without you joining them.

When I saw this thread's title, I thought you were actually asking ABOUT the game's story... not whether a NPC dropped an item! <.<

If you're a REAL gamer you: seek a challenge, leave no game unfinished,
earn trophies yourself, and neither own nor plan to own Hannah Montana!
SnapGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:56 AM   #3
KreatioN

dude bro, i didnt mean getting great stuff from the ghosts, i meant great stuff from the covenant which i accidentally trolled on out of. i was simply asking if anyone else has had this happen to them so i dont feel hopelessly alone. i killed a ghost after i joined the covenant, thinking twas still an enemy.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
SnapGW

Yes, I didn't miss that part. You just weren't clear that you meant the covenant REWARDS.

The only rewards you get are a Divine Blessing and Fog Ring. The latter is the more important reward, BUT you can get that by trading a Skull Lantern to Snuggly the Crow. So even if you totally screwed yourself out of the Forest Hunters for this playthrough, you can still get the only important item that they offer.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
Bahamut

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreatioN View Post
dude bro, i didnt mean getting great stuff from the ghosts, i meant great stuff from the covenant which i accidentally trolled on out of. i was simply asking if anyone else has had this happen to them so i dont feel hopelessly alone. i killed a ghost after i joined the covenant, thinking twas still an enemy.
It didnt happen to me but Im pretty sure it has happened to lots of ppl because the stupid cat never realy explain to you who you arent supposed to attack, I almost broke the covenant this way tough but them I realised the NPC wasnt agressive and came to the conclusion it was probably a bad idea to attack him.

Dont worry too much you only missed 1 divne blessing (wich is great to heal you if youre invading but there are a bunch of other places you can get them) and the fog rin wich is pretty much useless if youre not planning to be cheap at PvP, if you are planning to be a cheap at PvP tough them you lost the best ring for cheesing PvP fights.

Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:49 AM   #6
KreatioN

ah, thank u =)
now, just to find other covenants... hmm.... =(
Old 11-21-2011, 03:50 AM   #7
SnapGW

You should be able to rejoin if you have your sins absolved. I can't say this is always the case, as I'm NOT sure if you can absolve and still rejoin if you already spoke to Alvina, pissed her off, and she vanished. I'm TOLD she will return and you can rejoin, but I haven't tried this, myself.

But, if she's still around, then you DEFINITELY can rejoin.

However, don't stick around for anything besides the gifts. The Forest Hunters is the MOST BROKEN Covenant you could ever imagine. The summons and subsequent PVPs are VERY imbalanced. Get out as soon as you can! If you love PVP, Darkmoon, Dragon, or Darkwraith are the ways to go. For most benefit, I'd recommend Chaos Servant, Warriors of Sunlight, or Way of White. Those reap the best rewards and/or gameplay boosts.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
Michelasso

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapGW View Post
However, don't stick around for anything besides the gifts. The Forest Hunters is the MOST BROKEN Covenant you could ever imagine. The summons and subsequent PVPs are VERY imbalanced.
Does anyone know if that is a bug or From did it on purpose? It didn't make much sense to me the first times I invaded.
Michelasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
Bahamut

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
Does anyone know if that is a bug or From did it on purpose? It didn't make much sense to me the first times I invaded.
I believe its on purpose since the idea of the covenant is that all the hunters must protect the forest from any threat, also I think From intended to make it so that the invader would get mobbed by a bazilion defenders, but since ppl resort to cheap tactics and bug exploiting in PvP that dint quite work.

Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
Michelasso

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
I believe its on purpose since the idea of the covenant is that all the hunters must protect the forest from any threat, also I think From intended to make it so that the invader would get mobbed by a bazilion defenders, but since ppl resort to cheap tactics and bug exploiting in PvP that dint quite work.
Now I am lost. I thought that when we invade we actually protect the forrest. If any it had to be the other way around. Instead they just need to clear the area and wait for the invaders, which is apparently what most do (at level 300 some, probably made with the dragon head glitch).
Michelasso is offline   Reply With Quote