Dark Souls story

KreatioN

[spoiler=457467658]i got the crest of artorias from the blacksmith, and i went into the woods, and when i got to the cat and she said HEY JOIN OUR THING and i was like hell yeah and i joined and then she said btw, dont kill our people. i said alright. so i go around, and i see a ghost, and im like crud gotta kill it. cuz i had no f'ing idea that those ghosts were the forest hunter covenant. so i attack it and then they go haywire on me... and i feel absolutely terrible cuz i probably wouldve gotten some great shit from it. anyone else had this happen to them or something like it?

Edited by Johnny Bananas
please use spoiler tags

I can guarantee you, without a shadow of a semblance of a withering doubt.... No.

NO ONE has been in that situation. Getting to Alvina is a trial for new players, and it's almost impossible to get there without killing the "ghosts". (To be accurate, they are NOT ghosts, they're 2 warriors, 1 archer (NON respawning) and 1 Thief (respawning) wearing Fog Rings.) And players find that NONE of the Forest Hunters drop anything; just lots of souls. Pharis being the one exception, but he's the only UNIQUE member of the Forest Hunters that spawns without you joining them.

When I saw this thread's title, I thought you were actually asking ABOUT the game's story... not whether a NPC dropped an item! <.<

dude bro, i didnt mean getting great stuff from the ghosts, i meant great stuff from the covenant which i accidentally trolled on out of. i was simply asking if anyone else has had this happen to them so i dont feel hopelessly alone. i killed a ghost after i joined the covenant, thinking twas still an enemy.

Yes, I didn't miss that part. You just weren't clear that you meant the covenant REWARDS.

The only rewards you get are a Divine Blessing and Fog Ring. The latter is the more important reward, BUT you can get that by trading a Skull Lantern to Snuggly the Crow. So even if you totally screwed yourself out of the Forest Hunters for this playthrough, you can still get the only important item that they offer.

dude bro, i didnt mean getting great stuff from the ghosts, i meant great stuff from the covenant which i accidentally trolled on out of. i was simply asking if anyone else has had this happen to them so i dont feel hopelessly alone. i killed a ghost after i joined the covenant, thinking twas still an enemy.

It didnt happen to me but Im pretty sure it has happened to lots of ppl because the stupid cat never realy explain to you who you arent supposed to attack, I almost broke the covenant this way tough but them I realised the NPC wasnt agressive and came to the conclusion it was probably a bad idea to attack him.

Dont worry too much you only missed 1 divne blessing (wich is great to heal you if youre invading but there are a bunch of other places you can get them) and the fog rin wich is pretty much useless if youre not planning to be cheap at PvP, if you are planning to be a cheap at PvP tough them you lost the best ring for cheesing PvP fights.

You should be able to rejoin if you have your sins absolved. I can't say this is always the case, as I'm NOT sure if you can absolve and still rejoin if you already spoke to Alvina, pissed her off, and she vanished. I'm TOLD she will return and you can rejoin, but I haven't tried this, myself.

But, if she's still around, then you DEFINITELY can rejoin.

However, don't stick around for anything besides the gifts. The Forest Hunters is the MOST BROKEN Covenant you could ever imagine. The summons and subsequent PVPs are VERY imbalanced. Get out as soon as you can! If you love PVP, Darkmoon, Dragon, or Darkwraith are the ways to go. For most benefit, I'd recommend Chaos Servant, Warriors of Sunlight, or Way of White. Those reap the best rewards and/or gameplay boosts.

Does anyone know if that is a bug or From did it on purpose? It didn't make much sense to me the first times I invaded.

I believe its on purpose since the idea of the covenant is that all the hunters must protect the forest from any threat, also I think From intended to make it so that the invader would get mobbed by a bazilion defenders, but since ppl resort to cheap tactics and bug exploiting in PvP that dint quite work.

I believe its on purpose since the idea of the covenant is that all the hunters must protect the forest from any threat, also I think From intended to make it so that the invader would get mobbed by a bazilion defenders, but since ppl resort to cheap tactics and bug exploiting in PvP that dint quite work.

Now I am lost. I thought that when we invade we actually protect the forrest. If any it had to be the other way around. Instead they just need to clear the area and wait for the invaders, which is apparently what most do (at level 300 some, probably made with the dragon head glitch).

Now I am lost. I thought that when we invade we actually protect the forrest. If any it had to be the other way around. Instead they just need to clear the area and wait for the invaders, which is apparently what most do (at level 300 some, probably made with the dragon head glitch).

When you invade you are protecting the forest, when I said invade in my other post I was refearing to the guiy entering the forest while not in the hunter covenant in humman form (the guy whose world you invade) got it?

You should be able to rejoin if you have your sins absolved. I can't say this is always the case, as I'm NOT sure if you can absolve and still rejoin if you already spoke to Alvina, pissed her off, and she vanished. I'm TOLD she will return and you can rejoin, but I haven't tried this, myself.

But, if she's still around, then you DEFINITELY can rejoin.

However, don't stick around for anything besides the gifts. The Forest Hunters is the MOST BROKEN Covenant you could ever imagine. The summons and subsequent PVPs are VERY imbalanced. Get out as soon as you can! If you love PVP, Darkmoon, Dragon, or Darkwraith are the ways to go. For most benefit, I'd recommend Chaos Servant, Warriors of Sunlight, or Way of White. Those reap the best rewards and/or gameplay boosts.

yes i would like to join other covenants... but i dont know how to find them to save my life

They're all hidden, to some degree. If you need help, you can check HERE.

The Forest Hunters covenant ACTUALLY was working as intended, with one major caviat: Players glitching themselves to max level (or ridiculously high) in NG meant defenders of the forest were fighting against players WAY too high in level (as the covenant STILL attempts to match players) and if they wanted to use the NPCs to "help" them dispatch the intruder, they were NG level, and wouldn't stand a chance.

With removal of the glitch, now players HAVE to be further along in the game to be higher in levels, and the improved matching means more invasions will lead you to players NOT so ridiculously outside of your level.

It's still no guarantee, so my previous "GET OUT ASAP" advice remains.