Ultimate Hack/glitch Wtf O.o

CogniVision

So I drop my soul sign in Anor Lando to help someone and after killing the two black knights we get invaded... ok no biggey. I see the person, looks like they using a crystal weapon magic enchant. As the person gets near they cast Tranquil Walk of Peace... but they aren't in fight range of us. Once they cast the Tranquil Walk of Peace, and theirs had an AMAZING range to it. It went on me, and immediately I started taking damage as if I was being attacked... but nothing was attacking me. This kept going on until I died, no break.

The summoner came up behind my dying body probably wondering how the fuck I died... this brought him in range of the Tranquil. Once it went on him, same thing. His hp just dropped with no breaks as if there was consistent attacks going on him.

I figured this was some fluke of impossible lag or something. However, I dropped my sign again and got summoned by someone. This time it was 3 of us. We killed the two black knights, and once again... invaded. I look and it's the same person. Same weapon. This time the person comes closer. Casts the Tranquil Walk of Peace. And BAM again, consistent damage being done and all he is doing is flipping around with the Tranquil Walk on to avoid getting hit by anyone as we all just die from this bullshit with no way of stopping it or getting out.

The only way someone can find it fun to kill people like that is if they are an ultimate douchebag. Seriously... blew my mind. Looks like I wont be helping anyone in Anor Lando until the guy is done getting his kicks off. lol

My only guess is it's another magic enchant glitch like the Great Magic Shield invincibility. He was using a weapon magic enchant so that shit must be causing that. O.o

Edited by CogniVision

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How fast were you taking damage? I'd never heard of that happening before, but it really does sound like amazingly bad lag.

It was consistent no break, so it wasn't someone swinging a weapon. It happened to ALL OF US within the Tranquil Walk of Peace. Once the Tranquil went on is when we started taking damage, it was no lag. As it happened in 2 different hosts world and I saw the guy just backflipping around us as if he knew what he was doing and was just waiting for us to die from it.

And the hosts world weren't laggy at all, the black knights weren't random or teleporting around like they do in laggy worlds.

I'd say it was probly 2-3 ticks of damage per second. Consistent damage as well, not random not fluctuating.

It killed me before my Stamina even broke from blocking it. So I'm sure it was some glitch using the a magic weapon enchant. If this only happened once I would have passed it off, but to happen twice in a row... no way. And can it really be surprising anyway with all the glitches there are already in this game.

Edited by CogniVision

Im pretty sure that once this get figured out and word goes around of this glitch that Bonecrusher will say its a fair thing and not overpowered at all because everyone can do it...

Now this does sound wierd, are you sure he didnt use some other spell like a Poison Cloud or something that deals damage over time after using TWP ?

Im pretty sure that once this get figured out and word goes around of this glitch that Bonecrusher will say its a fair thing and not overpowered at all because everyone can do it...

Now this does sound wierd, are you sure he didnt use some other spell like a Poison Cloud or something that deals damage over time after using TWP ?

No man, he cast Tranquil Walk and exactly the moment he finished and it went on us the damage came in. There was no poison, no toxin. He was just flippin around waitin for us to die.

And yea lol, I'm sure he will. xD

Another thing is... why would he waste time enchanting his weapon if he was never going to use it but just kill us with Poison? It obviously shows there is a glitch related to that. I cant imagine twice in a row using the same thing, he knows he is going to use that to kill. Why waste time even enchanting the weapon unless he needed that to pull off the glitch.

Just like the glitched Strong Magic Shield.

And also... who even uses Magic Weapon anymore when you can make magic and elemental weapons. So again, right there. xD

Edited by CogniVision

No man, he cast Tranquil Walk and exactly the moment he finished and it went on us the damage came in. There was no poison, no toxin. He was just flippin around waitin for us to die.

And yea lol, I'm sure he will. xD

Another thing is... why would he waste time enchanting his weapon if he was never going to use it but just kill us with Poison? It obviously shows there is a glitch related to that. I cant imagine twice in a row using the same thing, he knows he is going to use that to kill. Why waste time even enchanting the weapon unless he needed that to pull off the glitch.

Just like the glitched Strong Magic Shield.

And also... who even uses Magic Weapon anymore when you can make magic and elemental weapons. So again, right there. xD

Tried youtubing it? Maybe it has been figured out already. Your points for the Magic Weapon beeing realted make sense but maybe he just whanted to look cool with a shining weapon while walking around seeing you guys die and the magic actualy has nothing to do with the actual bug/glitch/whatever.

Tried youtubing it? Maybe it has been figured out already. Your points for the Magic Weapon beeing realted make sense but maybe he just whanted to look cool with a shining weapon while walking around seeing you guys die and the magic actualy has nothing to do with the actual bug/glitch/whatever.

Just did some googling and someone else posted the exact same thing on the Dark Souls site.

Dark Souls Forum • View topic - Unlimited damage glitches?

Casting TWOP and then taking damage. And it's all from invasions from the same guy many people with the problem. Might possibly be the same guy who invaded me. So it's someone who figured out a glitch to do this and running around killing many people.

___

I actually just found a post of the glitch and it does have to do with Magic Weapon and spell swapping. Turning the spell into a walking deathtrap which is exactly what it was. TWOP turned into a walking deathtrap.

Edited by CogniVision

Just did some googling and someone else posted the exact same thing on the Dark Souls site.

Dark Souls Forum • View topic - Unlimited damage glitches?

Casting TWOP and then taking damage. And it's all from invasions from the same guy many people with the problem. Might possibly be the same guy who invaded me. So it's someone who figured out a glitch to do this and running around killing many people.

___

I actually just found a post of the glitch and it does have to do with Magic Weapon and spell swapping. Turning the spell into a walking deathtrap which is exactly what it was. TWOP turned into a walking deathtrap.

I realy dont want to know how to do this and Id like nobody else to either. I know you Cogni you wouldnt glitch to win in PvP, sadly that isnt true for everybody else. And I bet this work on PVE as well and ppl will start downing bosses with this crap.

Just patch the game From, its an awesome game but there are too many glitches to exploit, if only there werent anyone willing to exploit these glitches...

Edited by Bahamut

With the glitches and imbalance it's pretty obvious this game wasn't tested enough. It just seems like they threw in whatever they thought would be cool without actually testing or thinking about the kind of affects it would have as a whole.

I just gave the basics of the glitch so you know what to look out for... see someone comin at you with that magic weapon. I'd say just bail. Not worth having to track back for your souls and humanity over that impossible glitch. There is literally nothing you can do. Cant run, and cant hide.

Edited by CogniVision

everyone is cheating in this game, pvp is just pointless at the moment, i just started a new character and at level 10 i get invaded by people that have full lategame equiment and all the best spells, and then they backstab me from the front

i mean some guy at level 10 with full havels equiment and still running fast as hell, its just impossible at that level even with havels ring

Did he have the dragon head on? If so we can narrow down to the possible glitches he was using.

If he had dragon head he was likely using a glitch with items or something.

Maybe spamming dung pies or something?

Nope no dragon head.

The glitch is related to those spell swapping glitches people use to cast spells they cant cast, and without the catalyst I think. From what I read people say they do some sort of spellswap involving a weapon and it basically turns the spell they cast in most cases Tranquil Walk of Peace and that spell will then do continuous damage with that weapons attack while they can just walk around as you die from the glitched spell. Unable to move or do anything because you're just constantly taking damage, and being slowed down by TWoP.

Edited by CogniVision

I know what the deal is though I have never done it or had it used against me. Apparently if you swap cast crystal magic weapon on the stone sword it somehow creates an AoE DOT effect. Combine that with TWoP and there you have it. Super cheese.

Anyways I have kinda retired from the game and was checking in to see if the patch was out to fix crap like that. Geuss not.....sigh

So...just about every glitch/exploit in the game is based around the an issue with the engine handling item/spell swapping...?

Yeah....and what is very shameful from the developer standpoint is that these same types of glitches existed about in Dark Souls (running Firestorm anyone?) were apparently known about by From yet were let into DeS unchanged. All it look was a little engine rewriting. Too late now.

I know what the deal is though I have never done it or had it used against me. Apparently if you swap cast crystal magic weapon on the stone sword it somehow creates an AoE DOT effect. Combine that with TWoP and there you have it. Super cheese.

Anyways I have kinda retired from the game and was checking in to see if the patch was out to fix crap like that. Geuss not.....sigh

Oh that makes sense it could glitch like that. And is probably the single most cheapest techique ever discovered. :eek:

Yea, so I was right in assuming the only reason someone would be walkin around with that magic weapon enchant is if they were using it to glitch. Not for the pretty effects.

Besides. The weapon enchant effects looked more badass in Demon's Souls. I used to put Cursed Weapon on just cause it looked awesome. In Dark Souls the enchant effects are plenty plain... it's basically just a flat blue.

Edited by CogniVision

So, I also had this done to me, in Anor Londo. Someone invaded me so I put on my fog ring and went to hide. I was hidden in a fantastic place, but got it by TWoP and get absolutely destroyed. At the time I thought he was just shooting me through walls as I didn't even see the enemy until I had died, at which time he then walked around a corner. Its comforting knowing he was just a douchebag.

It's not so cut and dry that you can easily blame the devs for what's happening.

If you can place yourself in someone else's shoes for a bit, just try to imagine the disparity between hackers and software developers. Of criminals versus law enforcement. Of guerrillas and armies. The reason the Apples and Oranges have such a disfunction between one another is BECAUSE they are not the same thing.

A software developer will make something for a specific purpose. They will go through all the rigors of fine tuning it. But even after "all" the bugs and kinks are worked out, the hacker will still manage to crack it. Why? Because the devs think like devs. Not like hackers. The malicious types of people in this world have a different train of thought than those of us who don't. We CAN'T understand them, because you CAN'T do the same things as them. They say car thieves don't see cars on the street, they just see money. A car guy will see a treasure, or a trophy, beyond expressed value.

The true hackers and glitchers aren't software testers, they're hacking and glitching.

WE can't fathom what coincidence it took for someone to figure out that with a certain item equipped, and the dragon head active, and having your character facing a certain way from the camera, and timing this and doing that, that there would be a glitch discovered. But WE didn't make the glitch. I'm SURE for hackers and glitchers, finding this exploit was pretty natural. Just like it's totally natural for some people to use and abuse others for their purposes, then upon getting what they want, turn around and act high and mighty over their "accomplishments". They're human refuse, it's what they do... *COUGH*

The game of cat and mouse will always go on. Don't blame the cat because the mouse has more numbers.

Edited by SnapGW