Best weapon for NG+ four kings?

Bonecrusher

Lightning spear +5 is just not cutting it, and I can't use my black knight axe with resin. What's the best weapon here? I really don't wanna go through the trouble of making another thunder weapon.

And zweihlander +14 2handed with resin sucks.

You need something that scales with your stats by that point. Are you a strength build?

I did it with my Fire Uchigatana+10, but it was not an easy match. I went full Havel and used all 3 casts of strong magic shield and 2 casts of iron flesh to win. I could likely have gotten away with less, but I have too much trouble dodging them normally because it becomes 2v1 3v1 4v1 too fast to deal with, plus they cheese you with that large homing fireball that will just sit on you when you get knocked down by the grab...

I'm guessing Black Knight weapons are too slow for fast damage output, but the only stuff that really scales well with stats would probably be Divine/Magic weapons... I was always curious to make a new Uchigatana on a diff path but was too lazy to farm up the souls to buy the ingredients to do it.

Then again, my stats were so mishmash that even good scaling weapons are useless to me - Str 34, dex 26, faith 20, int 20, something like that.

Edited by Akari

I did it with Black Knight Great Axe +5 and used all Iron Flesh and Strong Magic Shield casts, with those spells and a good weapon it's not that hard, took me 2-3 tries. Maybe I could have tried to get some Crystal ring shield hits.

Edited by Atolm

I gave up on this battle last night because there were NO soul signs. So if you're still in need of it, I'd LOVE to join! =D

My guy there right now is 138, if that matches with anyone else.

Weapons aren't the problem, with this fight. Unless you have really, really weak weapons. It's DPS, and you need FAST DPS to keep the battle in your favor. Meaning, no more than 2 of the 4 up at once. I've tried this battle with Beatrice, and she's just clueless. You NEED at least one more player to get it done "right".

I beat this fight several times before I finished my first playthrough, helping hosts who were in NG+, and even NG++ (they sure got far for being in lvl 80 range XD)! So my weapon at the time, the humble Lightning Spear +5 did the trick! I've since upgraded, and now my Chaos Washing Pole +5 has outgrown its usefulness, in my eyes. But it still works, as long as I have a lil help...

Thanks for the summon offers and tips guys, but I just beat him.

Here's what I did if anyone else is having problem. Maxed out the gravelord sword to +5,full smough armor, and cloranthy ring, I didn't use a shield but you might find it useful. I ran up to them and just kept 2handing the shit outta em and using flasks when I was 50%. if you stay close and pretty much hug them most of they're attacks will miss, move out when they charge the purple explosion though.

I'm gonna lvl up a bit now I'm lvl 115, if anyone around my range needs help shoot me a request, I still need to get my sunlight warrior requirement down.

I can't believe I just died when it was nearly gone...I don't know why, but I couldn't cast iron flesh that time. Lost about 70% health in one friggin' attack.

Don't bother with defense spells, just get in there and mash r1 make sure your 2handing though, this fight is about speed not endurance. I learned the hard way you gotta just tank this fight.

Man, all of my solo attempts have been....... MORE successful than my summon attempts (since all I've had at my disposal was........... Beatrice <_< ). Either the AI is hell-bent on cheesing me, or I dunno what. I've managed to kill 2, lowering the total HP bar to below half, but EACH Fourth King would spin around to either grab me, or AOE me, forcing me to back off, giving the battle time to spawn another. I killed the first JUST as the second spawned in, killed the second about 20 seconds after the third spawned in. And a few seconds later the fourth spawned in, and they both decided to AOE spam...

Still, with Beatrice's "help" I'd barely damage one of them, much less kill 2 and get the boss HP to roughly 40%... But if it's not the grab, it's dying, and either way, I'm getting really sick of watching my humanity count go down!!!

Wouldn't mind so much IF THERE WAS SOME COOP TO BE FOUND!!!!!!!!!! >_<

Fuck you, servers. Fuck you, very much.

I'm level 97 and having issues with the Four Kings. When I can finally manage to summon two other people, they either die stupidly before the fight, or I get invaded. I almost won last night when I just needed one more King to down. Now I have zero humanity and having trouble getting any to summon people.

I'll try dual wielding two weapons and hopefully solo it :)

In my NG they where surprisingly easy, just ran in solo with the fury sword and hacked away, they hardly did any damage, could take them out one by one before the others spawned.

In NG+ however, this tactic didn't work out very well, after 5 tries and never even getting past 50% on their health bar I tried some summoning, but that didn't help much either.

The only way that worked for me was to tank them with iron skin and slowly chip their health away.

Either I used furyblade +5 or lightning spear +5, not sure which.

Might have been underleveled in NG+ but I don't think so.

Edited by Joooooink

I'm level 97 and having issues with the Four Kings. When I can finally manage to summon two other people, they either die stupidly before the fight, or I get invaded. I almost won last night when I just needed one more King to down. Now I have zero humanity and having trouble getting any to summon people.

I'll try dual wielding two weapons and hopefully solo it :)

I recommend NOT dual wielding, just 2-hand things. For DPS races, I use my Dragons Greatsword +5 ... with 500+ on the damage meter (before stat-pump), it goes really quick, doesn't swing TOO fast, but gets the job done ... and if you are just 2-handing, only 25 Str req. I also have Stam-regen ring, Havel's ring, and Stam-regen shield (Grass Crest shield). Stam-regen shield and ring SEEM to work together, but that is just me counting how long it takes my full bar to regen... 5 seconds with ring, 4 seconds with both. Every second counts :dance: (especially when ur not using your shield anyways) ... and Smough's chest, leg, boot with Big Hat Logan's hat for magic def.

Never had to summon in anyone on NG+, but I've helped out a few.