Leave Chaos Servant covenant before opening shortcut?

pmm_fin

Simple question: I have offered 30 humanities to get the pyromancy and access to the short cut from Ruins to Izalith. Do I need to be inside the covenant to open it or is it now forever open for me? If I join another covenant and rejoin Chaos Servant, do I resume my level there?

Generally: Do the covenant progersses stay if joining another and joining back? If yes, do incomplete level advancing also stay (like giving less than 10 sunlight medals, leave and rejoin, do I only need to give the remaining to 10 or whole new 10?)?

Do you need to be +2 to open the shortcut? I got to +2 in NG, left for other covenants all the time, but didn't open the shortcut because I didn't know about it. In NG+, I went back and rejoined and opened the shortcut.

I thought just being a member of the covenant was enough.

No, you need to be +2 (unless something changes in NG+). I guess that answers the other question.

Awesome. Thank you.

Was it one of the orange fog gates?

After you kill Ceaseless Discharge, you'll run down into the lava past some Capra Demons. After you run past them and a Taurus Demon, you'll see a large fog in front of you, this is the Firesage boss. There is a path to the right that goes down to a large door, this is the shortcut.

You shouldn't take it on your first run though, I think the weapon that the Firesage drops is required for the trophy. Plus there's items and such to be found.

• 3 years later...