XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > D (PS3) > Dark Souls

Old 10-22-2011, 07:52 AM   #111 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I hit Frampt on the head lots of times with a weapon, hasn't left yet - just says something about not treating him like an old snake.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by netenemywomb View Post
summoning solaire for a boss fight and him living through it will get you 1 medal. I think there are 5 bosses he can be summoned for. Inside the castle in anor londo you can loot 3.

thank you from the bottom of my heart
PSEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #113 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

i choosed an pyronmancer but i kinda regret it i wanna go melee now. can my pyromancer wear heavy armor or do i need to restart the game with other class?

ff14 playing time. 80* hours. logging in time: 50 hours. *estimate
luckyegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #114 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyegg View Post
i choosed an pyronmancer but i kinda regret it i wanna go melee now. can my pyromancer wear heavy armor or do i need to restart the game with other class?
Actualy you can be whatever you whant regardless of your starting class, classes only determine your starting status and gear but if you start as a sorcerer for instance and decide to put stat points only on Str and none on Int youll be a melee fighter that cant cast any spell.

Also Pyromancy is the spell school of the melee fighter basicaly, Pyromancy dont scale with any stats (dont waste points in Inteligence unless you whant to get some sorcerys on the future, Int does nothing to empower pyromancys), instead it get stronger with your levels (only a tiny bit) and with the rank of your Pyromancy Flame (further in the game youll find someone to upgrade your pyro flame for ya, up to a total of +15, them you can exchange it to an even stronger Flame that goes up to +5).

So basicaly if you whant to go melee and use heavy armor, invest in your Endurance and Vitality to be able to carry a lot of weight and have high HP respectively, them decide if youll prefer to use weapons that scale with your Dexterity (like, bows, katanas, most of the spears), your Faith (Divine Weapons, Straight Sword of Astoria, Crescent Axe and others) or your Strenght (Swords, Axes, and many others) and ivest your points in that.

Hope I could help.

Last edited by Bahamut; 10-23-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #115 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts

I'm Rank 2 in Chaos Servant covenant got the Chaos Storm pyromancy, and the door further down from the mute spiderlady still isn't open. I went and handed in the lordvessel since I hadn't done that still on this character to see if that was the problem and the wall/door is still closed.
CogniVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:32 AM   #116 (permalink)

Hey Everyone, I have a question about the covenant miracles/weapons. Can you do them offline? I really hate this games online features and I dont want to bother with invading/being invaded.
Hyperbomb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:11 AM   #117 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Silver Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CogniVision View Post
I'm Rank 2 in Chaos Servant covenant got the Chaos Storm pyromancy, and the door further down from the mute spiderlady still isn't open. I went and handed in the lordvessel since I hadn't done that still on this character to see if that was the problem and the wall/door is still closed.
But that's not where the shortcut is. The shortcut is right before the firesage. Or is there more to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbomb69 View Post
Hey Everyone, I have a question about the covenant miracles/weapons. Can you do them offline? I really hate this games online features and I dont want to bother with invading/being invaded.
You can do everything offline, it's just more tedious (souvenirs of reprisal, sunlight medals, faith requirement for a covenant).
Akari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:58 AM   #118 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Ok, I've added to the guide 'offline methods' to achieve Eyes of Death, Souvenirs of Reprisal and Sunlight Medals. Also did some minor formatting in the covenants section.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:03 AM   #119 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
Actualy you can be whatever you whant regardless of your starting class, classes only determine your starting status and gear but if you start as a sorcerer for instance and decide to put stat points only on Str and none on Int youll be a melee fighter that cant cast any spell.

Also Pyromancy is the spell school of the melee fighter basicaly, Pyromancy dont scale with any stats (dont waste points in Inteligence unless you whant to get some sorcerys on the future, Int does nothing to empower pyromancys), instead it get stronger with your levels (only a tiny bit) and with the rank of your Pyromancy Flame (further in the game youll find someone to upgrade your pyro flame for ya, up to a total of +15, them you can exchange it to an even stronger Flame that goes up to +5).

So basicaly if you whant to go melee and use heavy armor, invest in your Endurance and Vitality to be able to carry a lot of weight and have high HP respectively, them decide if youll prefer to use weapons that scale with your Dexterity (like, bows, katanas, most of the spears), your Faith (Divine Weapons, Straight Sword of Astoria, Crescent Axe and others) or your Strenght (Swords, Axes, and many others) and ivest your points in that.

Hope I could help.
i have 20 points in strength and 18 in faith. so i not sure yet what to choose. but my vitality and endurance are high. my dex is like just high enough to use weapons (i think 18 is the requirment for the weapons i use). atm i have a shield and drakesword but i woundering if i should go 2 handed. i guess i use faith then because u need to level u faith anyway to 50 if u dont go online. for some reason i cant find titanity to upgrade my weapons above level 5
edit: thanks for confirming i can make a melee build with my pyromancer

ff14 playing time. 80* hours. logging in time: 50 hours. *estimate

Last edited by luckyegg; 10-23-2011 at 02:06 AM.
luckyegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:15 AM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CogniVision View Post
Haha! No, the door is in Demon Ruins, after the 2nd bonfire and the bridge going down, there is a taurus waiting for you, kill it and instead of going where the big demon miniboss with a big ass is, go right. There are these small creatures running about at the door. I hope it helped.