How do you make true greatsword of artorias?

UnknownTrinity

This is the the sword you make using sif's soul i only have the option to make the greatsword of artorias not the true greatsword im using the broken sword its +10 but i dont have the option for true greatsword am i missing something?

Hmm, I'm not sure o.O Maybe you have to be in a certain Covenant? (Just a thought, don't have that soul myself)

This is the the sword you make using sif's soul i only have the option to make the greatsword of artorias not the true greatsword im using the broken sword its +10 but i dont have the option for true greatsword am i missing something?

mmm... I don't know. The description says "You must ascend a +10 Broken sword dropped by the sword weilding zombies of Undead Burg/Parish and the soul of Sif, The Great Gray Wolf." (Thanks Blood_Runs_Cold) Are you using the right Broken Sword?

I'm pretty sure its just called Greatsword of Artorias and not "True" Greatsword of Artorias.

Just checked the weapon list on wikispace, and they also have it listed as just Greatsword of Artorias, and it does say the requirements to create it is with Great Grey wolf Sifs soul with a +10 hilt of the straight sword, straight broken sword +10.

Edited by Rawanz

I'm pretty sure its just called Greatsword of Artorias and not "True" Greatsword of Artorias.

Just checked the weapon list on wikispace, and they also have it listed as just Greatsword of Artorias, and it does say the requirements to create it is with Great Grey wolf Sifs soul with a +10 hilt of the straight sword, straight broken sword +10.

yea i just saw i thought it was but they have the same name one's just cursed.

You need to kill and get The Grey Wolf Sifs soul 3 times to get three Rare weapons.

Greatshield of Artorias

Greatsword of Artorias

True Greatsword of Artorias

I'm having the same problem. I upgraded a broken short sword to +10 and the only modification I could do was to the Greatsword, not True or Cursed :think:

Unfortunately I seem to have lost the sword hilt you start the game with (odd since I don't drop anything)

As Rawanz stated. There is no "True" in the name.

To make the non cursed greatsword, you need (as other people mentioned) a broken short sword, or sword hilt and upgrade it to +10. It doesn't matter which one you use. The blacksmith in Anor Londo will craft it for you once you got the required materials. Cost to craft it, is 5000 souls.

In order to make the cursed one you need to upgrade a straight sword to +10.

EDIT: If you're having issues figuring out which one is the "true" or "cursed", the "true" one will have magic damage, while the cursed won't.

Edited by Kourokai

As Rawanz stated. There is no "True" in the name.

To make the non cursed greatsword, you need (as other people mentioned) a broken short sword, or sword hilt and upgrade it to +10. It doesn't matter which one you use. The blacksmith in Anor Londo will craft it for you once you got the required materials. Cost to craft it, is 5000 souls.

In order to make the cursed one you need to upgrade a straight sword to +10.

EDIT: If you're having issues figuring out which one is the "true" or "cursed", the "true" one will have magic damage, while the cursed won't.

Thank you so much!

The one I made has 120 physical and 85 magic base damage so I guess this one is the "true" then. :)

hmm I have a broken straight sword and a straight sword hilt. Will those upgrade to the cursed weapon? And if I make the cursed weapon this way does it require Sifs soul? I have read it does and that it doesnt. Im really confused now.

Yeah I just checked and both swords have the *exact same name* which is Greatsword of Artorias.

Although if you use a broken sword +10 you'll get a greatsword with a magic damage, while if you use a regular straight sword +10 you'll get the same exact sword but without the magic damage.

Now, does this really count as two weapons? :think:

(I've made mine from a broken straight sword+10 and it has magic, but I also have a regular straight sword+10 so I can see the possibilities of upgrades when I go to the giant Blacksmith, and for that weapon it is the Greatsword of Artorias with no magic)

well I just found this from okamiaku on gamefaqs.

Moonlight Butterfly Soul + Spear/Rapier = Moonlight Butterfly Horn. Magic-scaling spear.

Moonlight Butterfly Soul + Shield = Crystal Ring Shield. Magic resist shield. Throws energy discs instead of parry.

Quelaag's Soul + Curved Sword = Quelaag's Furysword. Her Dex-based sword. Has a lot of fire damage.

Quelaag's Soul + Katana = Chaos Blade. Hiltless, basically.

Iron Golem's Core + Fist = Dragon Bone Fist. A magic/fire resist fist weapon that SHORYUKENs

Iron Golem's Core + Axe = Golem Axe. 1H R2 attack throws wind all around you

Ornstein's Soul + Spear/Rapier = Dragonslayer Spear. His Spear. It throws lightning with R2

Smough's Soul + Hammer = Smough's Hammer. Drains 10HP on hit, 2H R2 is a jumping swing.

Sif's Soul + Broken Straight Sword/Straight Sword Hilt = Cursed Greatsword of Artorias. It can hit Ghosts.

Sif's Soul + Dagger/Straight Sword/Greatsword = Greatsword of Artorias. 1H R2 is a charging thrust, 2H is a charging slash.

Sif's Soul + Shield = Greatshield of Artorias. 100/50/80/40

Gwyndolin's Soul + Bow = Darkmoon Bow. D Faith scaling.

Gwyndolin's Soul + Catalyst = Tin Darkmoon Catalyst.

Priscilla's Soul + Halberd/Scythe/Whip = Lifehunt Scythe. Bleed damage for 50% of target's total HP.

Looks like for cursed we can use either Broken Straight Sword/Straight Sword Hilt. I was confused if it had to be a normal straight sword. I dont even have one of those...

I guess I just dont know what I am doing... I went to the Anor Londo black smith and leveled my broken straight sword to +5... but now it just disappears from the list and I cant upgrade it anymore. If I go to modify equipment at the blacksmith nothing shows up. How do I upgrade it higher than +5?

You need the undead parish smith for standard reinforcement.

Sif's Soul + Broken Straight Sword/Straight Sword Hilt = Cursed Greatsword of Artorias. It can hit Ghosts.

Sif's Soul + Dagger/Straight Sword/Greatsword = Greatsword of Artorias. 1H R2 is a charging thrust, 2H is a charging slash.

You got those two mixed up. The cursed one is made by upgrading the straight sword. (Not sure about daggers or greatswords, though.)

The "true" form or one that does magic damage in addition to normal damage is the one for the sword hilt or broken straight sword.