Sunlight medal

raxious

Hey guys, one of the miracles I still need is the one you get from the sunbro's, however I'm SM 1.4 mil, and I'm never getting summoned. I'm trying to do it on NG, but this isn't really working it seems. Anyone got some tips? I've done all the bosses, so this is one of the few things that's keeping me from going into NG+.

The easiest place to get summoned is at the final boss, if your struggling to get summoned there then use ascetics and summon 2 sunbros. Or the iron king boss is a good place to use an ascetic as that 1 will reveal more signs.

Or you could progress into NG+ (you will need to progress to NG++ eventually anyway if your working towards platinum). Progessing into NG+ will increase your co-op range as I believe you cannot co-op with any1 in a higher game than you.

The only problem with using ascetics is i'm not sure of your soul level/build or your skill within the game and using ascetics may make it to difficult for you.

I'd advise moving into NG+ keeping yourself in sunbros, put a summon at each boss as you progress whilst also summoning when you yourself attempt the boss. And then farm the remaining medals at the last boss!

I wouldn't advise farming the item drops from the enemies mentioned as this will take literally ages even with the best drop rate increase equipment, I know because I've attempted this. You will earn roughly 2-3 medals an hour approx!!

Earning them as you progress through the game is much more time efficient!

For my speedrun, I would defeat the dragonrider first in tower of heide, purchase the lightning spear. Then progress straight to eastern valley to join the covenant as early as possible so that I can start earning the medals as early as possible!!

Edited by Nooblander

• 5 months later...

I don't mind going to NG++ for the plat, however it seems there is no easy offline way to get this. I have yet to see a medal drop in PvP, according to the wiki there is 5% chance of dropping off those two mobs and 30 are needed for the Sunlight Spear.

I've only played online for about 1-2 hours so far and only got summoned for a boss fight once.

Anyone else have any helpful info for getting this miracle for the Master of Miracles trophy?

Yeah that's also good.

Personally I got all of my sunlight medals from the Skeleton Lord, quick easy and very low chance of the host dying, my brother farmed the Falconers with drop gear equipped, only took an hour and a half.

Edited by Sellers

I got the majority of mine being summoned at the Skeleton Lords too. on the weekend, I was summoned almost non-stop.

The only other bosses I found decent action at was at the Old Iron King, although too often the host would get knocked into the lava. The Guardian Dragon and Veldstadt were fair locations to put my sign down while I farmed the other mobs in those areas.

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Could someone be so kind as to answer my question as I sold my PS3 dark souls 2 last year and would just like to know something that may have changed due to updates in preparation for my purchase of the imminent PS4 version.

As we all know farming Sunlight Medals through enemy drops is a waste of time because they drop rarely, you would need to use countless ascetics and there much quicker to earn online.

But from the recent PS3 update were these 2 new changes:

• Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now allow enemies to continue to respawn after being defeated.

• Increased effect of Rusted Coin.

Now the increased effect of the rusted coin (increases drop rates) combined with your equipment and clothing that increases drop rates and the fact the enemies will keep spawning without the use of ascetics may now make farming enemies (mainly the falconers) a more viable option as opposed to before the update.

Has anybody tried this????

Hey all,

Could someone be so kind as to answer my question as I sold my PS3 dark souls 2 last year and would just like to know something that may have changed due to updates in preparation for my purchase of the imminent PS4 version.

As we all know farming Sunlight Medals through enemy drops is a waste of time because they drop rarely, you would need to use countless ascetics and there much quicker to earn online.

But from the recent PS3 update were these 2 new changes:

• Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now allow enemies to continue to respawn after being defeated.

• Increased effect of Rusted Coin.

Now the increased effect of the rusted coin (increases drop rates) combined with your equipment and clothing that increases drop rates and the fact the enemies will keep spawning without the use of ascetics may now make farming enemies (mainly the falconers) a more viable option as opposed to before the update.

Has anybody tried this????

Yeah i suggested this exact thing a while back.

Although I will still farm them online for all the extra souls, i got summoned constantly at the Skeleton Lord, Smelter Demon and the Rotton.

But yes it should make farming for them quicker, and especially now you don't need to spam Ascetics, on a separate character I farmed the Falconers and it only took me about 2-3 hours to get 20 something medals.

• 2 months later...

Probably don't need it any more, but I had pretty good luck getting summoned for both Pursuer in NG+ and Demon of Song at the end of NG. Neither of them are particularly hard bosses if you know what you're doing and having the attention split between you and the summoner really reduces the level of risk they pose to either of you. I still had base HP until NG+ as well so Demon of Song could one-hit me, but he's so god-damn easy to dodge it's not much of an issue. For some reason people quite often need help there and I had a few summoners die on me, so evidently some people need help against it.

I finished grinding my Sunlight medals online yesterday in NG+ with SL 195 and SM 4mil or so. Bosses I tried were Pursuer, Prowling Magus and Rotten simply because they were super easy to get to and very low chance of failure. I got about 10 at Pursuer, but there were lulls in being summoned. Magus I only got a couple and wouldn't recommend. The best boss to grind ended up being the Rotten and I ended up getting the last 15-16 or so there. Time between summonings was anywhere from 30 seconds to 20-25 minutes, but I'd say the average time was 8-10 minutes with a success rate of 90%.