Dark Souls II - PS3/X360/PC - Crown of the Sunken King (Trailer)

vava

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcjmioTofm8]Dark Souls II - PS3/X360/PC - Crown of the Sunken King (Trailer)[/ame]

Delve into Crown of the Sunken King, the first DLC of the Lost Crowns trilogy, and start your journey to reclaim the crowns that Drangleic's King Vendrick once owned.

Dark Souls II - Crown of theSunken King DLC will be available on July 22 for Xbox 360 and PC, and on July 23 for Playsation 3

So that whole "never going to have DLC" thing...

Didn't they say something along the lines of "we like to release games whole and not nickel and dime people with incomplete games and loads of dlc."

New quote right from from - fuck you people, its all about the money. DLC DLC DLC!

Stupid.

Hopefully this DLC enriches an otherwise lackluster main storyline.

Artorias of the Abyss brilliantly complemented the lore in DS1 but, given how DS2 turned out, I expect these DLCs to be little more than glorified fetch quests.

If the design team has read any of the reviews for the main game, perhaps they'll include more non-humanoid bosses, more interesting NPCs, and lore that's more compelling than what the main game offered.

Edited by RedHoodHunter

Didn't they say something along the lines of "we like to release games whole and not nickel and dime people with incomplete games and loads of dlc."

New quote right from from - fuck you people, its all about the money. DLC DLC DLC!

Stupid.

You don't want From Software to have more money?

The game took me ages to complete and am still playing it in fact hundreds of hours later. So am happy to support them further. As long as the DLC is worth it of course.

Cool. I suppose. Helps satiate the Project Beast hype.

DSII is a complete game as far as I'm concerned. I know they said they'd do DLC if demand was there. Considering the sales, DLC was inevitable. I don't think I'll pick it up until all the DLCs are out and the content value is measured by the community though. Artorias was incredibly well designed, Kalameet is the single best boss fight across all 3 souls games, but there's a reason it was just straight bundled with the PC release. It was like 2-3 hours of content for a regular player first time through. The hardest part was actually getting into the DLC.

This episodic setup screams to me like each DLC is going to be shorter than Artorias. Or the quality is only going to be 1/3. Considering how tight the release window is and compared to when the game came out.. I'm worried about both.

You don't want From Software to have more money?

The game took me ages to complete and am still playing it in fact hundreds of hours later. So am happy to support them further. As long as the DLC is worth it of course.

No, the issue comes from the game execs just prior to ds2 being released saying that they NEVER plan on adding dlc as they want to release whole games, but this dlc would have been in development at that time, or at least the planning stages.

I dislike outright lying to consumers.

No, the issue comes from the game execs just prior to ds2 being released saying that they NEVER plan on adding dlc as they want to release whole games, but this dlc would have been in development at that time, or at least the planning stages.

I dislike outright lying to consumers.

You would have to hate every single company then :/ Always is about the $

Most companies don't go on the record and say no dlc, and then drop a three part series. They may be vague about it, but to publicly state what they did is a slap to the face.

But they could be Capcom..

Well to be fair I think they said a lot of stuff regarding dlc. Like we won't release it or we will make some if there is interest. I can see why you would be mad though :/