Belfry Sol Red Phantom fastest way to farm

optimusmart

Hey all,

I have recently started playing this game again, practicing for a speedrun i'm hoping to attempt in June.

Upon attempting the Belfry Sol Mad Warrior farming, I searched online and discovered this:

---------•PS3 farming method (confirmed): when reloading the Belfry Sol area at the bonfire the PS3 will make a characteristic /chunking/ sound two times. Sit at the bonfire repeatedly to listen and learn the pattern. Occasionally, just as the mist dissipates you will hear a third /chunk/ (usually this is one distinct sound but can be a subtle series of two or three.) This second sound, the third /chunk/ overall, is the game loading the Mad Warrior. With practice you can decipher the sound of the game loading his presence with this method. Be patient at first, listen closely and learn the sound of the normal two /chunks/ and in time you will begin to distinctively hear the third sound just as the vapor comes to it's end. This has been repeated on multiple characters with great success both on and offline, although you may want to consider farming items offline; the Belfry covenant frequently is a highly contested PvP area.--------

This is taken from the wiki.

And it actually works! This saves so much time.

Its taken me roughly an hr using this method.

Awesome yeah, should save a few hrs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Works well, thanks. If anyone is having trouble hearing the disc read noise like I did, try placing your hand on the PS3 (preferably on the bottom if you have your system on its side). You may find it easier to feel the disc reading than to hear it.

• 3 weeks later...

You should note that this method doesn't work with digital version. At least there were no audible clues for me. Perhaps that is the exception and not the rule.

On a side note, I didn't know you could rank up bell keepers by killing that guy, that's friggin great!

You should note that this method doesn't work with digital version. At least there were no audible clues for me. Perhaps that is the exception and not the rule.

On a side note, I didn't know you could rank up bell keepers by killing that guy, that's friggin great!

Of course m8, that makes perfect sense, no disc so no disc reading sounds.

Didn't think off that one!!!

That's a right pain I bet!

Of course m8, that makes perfect sense, no disc so no disc reading sounds.

Didn't think off that one!!!

That's a right pain I bet!

It wasn't too bad for the armor. Farmed it on two chars at about 45 mins each. The sword I only got for one and that was an extra hour at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I had trouble hearing the sounds for the disk copy, so I found an alternate method to notice when the warrior spawns: watch the yellow light on the console.

If you rest at the bonfire, the system will blink yellow as the rest finishes. I believe, similar to the sound, that this is system loading the phantom for you.

The only catch with this method is when the game autosaves with the flame in the corner. This will make the yellow light flicker like mad. Wait for the autosave to finish before attempting. It can also help to realize how much time you have between autosaves. This can help you prepare for when the system will give you a false signal due to an upcoming autosave.

Hope this helps.

I know, its like 1 of the best tips for this game.

But will it get included on the trophy guide, probably not.

send the guide writer a pm, and make a request, you can also send a request to the guide team (for instance Terminator, that guy is awesome), and make the request. usually, anybody who has written a guide, will keep an eye on this forum, or if that person isn't active, then sometimes the guide team steps in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...