Dark Souls II General Question Thread

Moosh

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else having an issue on NG++ and beyond with loading screens that last 2-3 minutes? This is happening for fast travel as well as respawning after death/summon. I had no problem with this during NG & NG+.

The only theory I have is that my item box may have too much junk in it and the game slows down when it has to load all that data every time.

Anyone else having an issue on NG++ and beyond with loading screens that last 2-3 minutes? This is happening for fast travel as well as respawning after death/summon. I had no problem with this during NG & NG+.

The only theory I have is that my item box may have too much junk in it and the game slows down when it has to load all that data every time.

It could be. I haven't noticed any dramatic slowdown in loading time, but I have always clean up unnecessary junks from my inventory. Try to sell everything you don't need and discard the spells you don't use as well. See if that solves your problem.

Just sold any helms, armor, gauntlets, and leggings that I had more than two of and it didn't help the problem. Sold him at least 100 items. Going to try to sell excess weapons and rings next.

Edit: I've now sold about 300-400 items removed from the storage box and it has not made any difference. Still not sure what's causing this but I've also noticed that when the game auto saves, it takes a lot longer to finish. At this point, the little flame icon is almost always on my screen. I guess I'll shoot an email to From and see what they have to say about it. The delay in loading makes the game nearly unplayable at this point.

Edited by ZenVan
Update

I need some ranged attack to fight in this area. because the enemies are too dangerous to be fighting up close and I read somewhere that lightning attacks are their weakness. I saw there are two levers, one I already pulled the switch. when I get to the first boss of the stage. I don't have enough endurance to dodge his attacks with his long weapon. Either I run left or right he will always get me with a backswing. I thought you can attack him by standing behind him and backstab with your sword. However he's too quick to turn around and go on the offense.

What is the first boss weakness? I need to use lightning attack as it's the way to fight my way through

Am I even suppose to go here after the Forest of the Fallen Giants?

I need some ranged attack to fight in this area. because the enemies are too dangerous to be fighting up close and I read somewhere that lightning attacks are their weakness. I saw there are two levers, one I already pulled the switch. when I get to the first boss of the stage. I don't have enough endurance to dodge his attacks with his long weapon. Either I run left or right he will always get me with a backswing. I thought you can attack him by standing behind him and backstab with your sword. However he's too quick to turn around and go on the offense.

What is the first boss weakness? I need to use lightning attack as it's the way to fight my way through

You are on the right path. I don't use miracles but I know Hag Meleentia (merchant you find at the cardinal tower bonfire) sells spells (soul arrow). You can also summon white phantoms for coop.

Have you got a life protection ring yet?

What's your build? Magic build would have easier time here, but it can still be done with melee build with careful approach and skill. Don't rush for extra strike when fighting the old knights. There's an easy method to bait the Dragonrider to fall and finish the battle in 6 seconds (only if you don't pull either lever). For beginner, I would recommend pull both levers to have more room to roll. His attack pattern is very simple. Keep rolling right when he attacks. Don't hold up your shield when he is not attacking to let your stamina recover.

I don't know where to get the life protection ring. However, there are so many old nights in the Tower of Flame that if I defeat one of them, another one will come on by and try to attack me from behind. You see I need a magic spell like lightning to shoot each one from afar. Now I am all out of souls and I'm down to 1/2 HP after getting killed multipule times from the old knights therefore I cant buy anything from the merchant at the cardnial tower

I don't know where to get the life protection ring. However, there are so many old nights in the Tower of Flame that if I defeat one of them, another one will come on by and try to attack me from behind. You see I need a magic spell like lightning to shoot each one from afar. Now I am all out of souls and I'm down to 1/2 HP after getting killed multipule times from the old knights therefore I cant buy anything from the merchant at the cardnial tower

The only place in Heide where more than 1 knight will attack you is just after the first switch in the central circle. Two-Hand Sword Knights will always fight you 1v1 unless you go bait the others for some reason.

If you're having trouble with the Double-Teaming Sword/Shield Knights run back towards Majula until they stop giving chase and you can go back and lure them 1 at a time. There's no reason you ever have to fight more than 1 at a time, and literally every attack they have can be dodged by circling towards their shield.

But I'm 1/2 HP and I'm all out of Human Effigy. this is because of the games penalizing rule; when you die your health decreases and then the more you die, your health goes down to half life. in Dark Souls 1, you didn't had this rule at all. One swing with the two handed enemies and the other one with that big bulging looking weapon. I die with one hit.. I have nothing in my deffense. Am I basicly stuck? there is no way I could not fight my way through. No excuse. what is it that other players got through this part did that I cannot do?

I don't have ring of protection and ring of binding.. I don't know where to get them.

But I'm 1/2 HP and I'm all out of Human Effigy. this is because of the games penalizing rule; when you die your health decreases and then the more you die, your health goes down to half life. in Dark Souls 1, you didn't had this rule at all. One swing with the two handed enemies and the other one with that big bulging looking weapon. I die with one hit.. I have nothing in my deffense. Am I basicly stuck? there is no way I could not fight my way through. No excuse. what is it that other players got through this part did that I cannot do?

I don't have ring of protection and ring of binding.. I don't know where to get them.

This is where you get ring of binding, its very early-accessible, just near the entrance of Cathedral of Blue, adjacent to Heide's Tower of Flame:

If you are still having trouble then you could place a summon sign on the ground wait for someone to summon you and help the host to defeat his area boss, because with the current update upon successfully assisting another player in defeating their boss, you will be (100% guaranteed) restored to human with 100% hp once you return to your world. before the update patch it's glitched and sometimes won't restore you back to human even after you helped others killed a boss. By using this method you don't even need to spend any human effigies at all if all you need is to turn back to human.

Okay but what I have found out is my strategy. I have to farm 2,000 souls to stock up firebombs and a human effigy to kill off everyone in the area. If this will allbe just a waist of time, then I'll use the youtube video to find that item to protect me. Thanks:)

EDIT; I just watched the video and that item is just pass the drawbridge that I didnt pull down because I havent yet killed the enemy for the lever because I was focused on the ones before him. Soooo, I am just going to stock up on firebombs next gameplay when I farm souls and we will see how far will that get me

Edited by IsaacPlaystation321

If you cannot fight the knights in Heide then u will have problems playing melee for the rest of the game as these knights are among the easiest and slowest of enemies.

The sword and shield knight just stay on his shield side then after his swings hit him once or twice then repeat. Same for spear knight. Hammer knight is abit trickier since his sweeps are quite wide. Bait him to attack then roll away and watch him complete his combo then go in and hit him once. Repeat.

Or. Go magic or ranged. Do a Google search on hex build.

Buy a mace or a club. They're weak to blunt attacks. Anything armored is weak to blunt attacks and that does far more damage than most swords at this point in the game.

If you're a melee build, blunt weapons for Heide's Tower of Flame is a good idea.

Buy a mace or a club. They're weak to blunt attacks. Anything armored is weak to blunt attacks and that does far more damage than most swords at this point in the game.

If you're a melee build, blunt weapons for Heide's Tower of Flame is a good idea.

I agree with this statement here ^^^. I'm not sure if you've got it but the Craftsman's Hammer was a great early game weapon for my melee build.

Edited by ZenVan

how many times does an enemy respawn till they are gone forever after future bonfire visits and after you die from killing the same one so many times? I'd like to take this for granted and be able to get through a tough situation for free without any enemies next time I play.

does this sort of thing applies to all enemies or do some of them never goes away?

how many times does an enemy respawn till they are gone forever after future bonfire visits and after you die from killing the same one so many times? I'd like to take this for granted and be able to get through a tough situation for free without any enemies next time I play.

does this sort of thing applies to all enemies or do some of them never goes away?

10-15 ( I never actually counted) respawns per enemy and 99% of them will be gone until you use a bonfire ascetic or advance to NG+.

I did what you all tought me to do by running up to the giant knights go around them and do a meele attack from behind. I tried many times to each enemy (they are all big large knights) and including in the boss fight. No matter what happens I'd be killed by their backswing. You have to time these things very carefully, if you are escaping their blows and your finger slip, you'd be killed on the deffensive side. there were a few times I got lucky to kill the one in the middle of the circular room. I don't know how many times I killed him so I can't tell by the next bonfire visit, he will be gone forever

Now as far as I'm concerned by the fact in this game the enemies won't come back after you killed them 10-15 times. when they do disappear , I won't be able to farm souls. I can get up to 400 souls by the knights, any other enemies located withing the forest giants area only gives you somewhere between 50-90 souls.

it will take a lot of time, paitents and practice to master every moment when trying to earn souls from fallen enemies. I don't think I have what it takes to get through this part. The meele attacks are not working for me like the way it works for you that is I'm guessing that everyone has gotten way pass this part and I'm just basicly in the very back (last in line) of the leaderboards. if meele is not good for me, then I want to equip 10 or 20 firebombs so I can do a ranged attack. Each firebomb is worth 200 souls at the Cardnial bonfire and so 20x200 souls is 4,000 souls I must collect and it's not helpful when suddenly the enemies don't come back because they reached the certain amount of respawning.

What is it that everyone has that I don't to breeze your way through difficult moments in the game? I did such great accomplishments to get where I've gotten far in the last game and it's a shame that I can't get past the Tower of Flame

Edited by IsaacPlaystation321

Each time you die to a certain enemy you should be learning something about how to deal with them. Remember that you want to fight one-on-one whenever possible and be patient. With some enemies you may only get in one hit then you have to defend and then get another one hit and so on. If you try to go berserk on any enemy in the game, most likely you will die. Fire bombs are a waste of souls as well. It would be better to use a bow from a distance.

Another good way to learn the levels and the enemies is to put your summon sign down when you get to a new area and co-op with others first.

Be patient, learn from your mistakes, and find a style that works for you. If you're this frustrated, this early in the game, then it may be a tough road for you to finish it.

Edited by ZenVan

Each time you die to a certain enemy you should be learning something about how to deal with them. Remember that you want to fight one-on-one whenever possible and be patient. With some enemies you may only get in one hit then you have to defend and then get another one hit and so on. If you try to go berserk on any enemy in the game, most likely you will die. Fire bombs are a waste of souls as well. It would be better to use a bow from a distance.

Another good way to learn the levels and the enemies is to put your summon sign down when you get to a new area and co-op with others first.

Be patient, learn from your mistakes, and find a style that works for you. If you're this frustrated this, early in the game, then it may be a tough road for you to finish it.

I just got back from playing Dark Souls II and during the time I manage to figure out every attack done by those three knights in the circular room. The first one I killed so many times that he no longer comes back to give me grief and hell. with this benefit I was able to concentrate on the two knights on each side of the room. they were easier to handle. If I manage to get through this, shouldn't I be able to fight the boss ahead without any problems? I got only three amounts of estus flask to keep me alive and I don't know what is the safe distance to stay clear of the attacks and kill when I have a chance. One time I press the L2 button right when he swung his weapon, I parried and I was able to get quite some good attacks, but I don't know exactly hot I got the parry to work. I was lucky that time

So basicly I got enough practice and I learned from my mistakes, and if I keep at it, I won't be fustrated and have to give up the gamew. (I already gave up the first dark souls, but after a year I got back into it and gotten better) my first style that what I thought worked for me is to throw firebombs at the boss, but it doesn't inflict damage. However there is the Witching Urn and will that be able to inflict damage?

I would highly suggest putting your summon sign down and co-oping both bosses just to see their attacks. Try not to rely on thrown items too much as they have long animations which leave you defenseless and they don't do a lot of damage. As with any other fight, patience and figuring out a strategy that fits your style is the key. Good luck.