I hate PVP and this Belltower Covenant Shaite

RickMalmsteenBR

Kill the red phantom that sometimes spawn in Belfry Sol. He's located by the wall near the ladder leading up to the roof. If he isn't there, run back to the bonfire and check again. He won't stop spawning either, so no need to burn ascetics. He also have a chance to drop his armor set and the Berserker Blade.

Kill the red phantom that sometimes spawn in Belfry Sol. He's located by the wall near the ladder leading up to the roof. If he isn't there, run back to the bonfire and check again. He won't stop spawning either, so no need to burn ascetics. He also have a chance to drop his armor set and the Berserker Blade.

Also helps to play offline. I only seen him once when I was online, offline maybe every 5-6 tries.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'm using a coward way to do it: I equipped the ring to be summoned, i take my time until some other guy join so we both take the guy we invaded...

I'm not proud, but if the programmers wanted to force players to pvp, that's their fault.

Lol. I did the same as I cannot kill anyone when I get invaded...

Thanks for the tips guys! I'm using a coward way to do it: I equipped the ring to be summoned, i take my time until some other guy join so we both take the guy we invaded...

I'm not proud, but if the programmers wanted to force players to pvp, that's their fault.

I did the same. I would equip cat ring and drop into that back room. If host chased me down I would run up stairs and just keep going in circles until backup arrived :p

get havel armor, upgrade your weapon while winning.

Great GREAT tip man!! I've been following your amazing platinum video guide!!

I stopped exactly where you said I'd need to farm 30 kills for the Hidden Weapon, I just got the Havel's Armor. I don't think I'm so far now...

I have one doubt about your guide, it's seem to be divided in 18 parts, but on your post there's only 8 or 9 links I guess. Anyhow, I went to youtube and downloaded them all. I really appreciate your time in doing it.

A "cheap" way to do this is to equip your ring and go afk somewhere in the Iron Keep. You'll keep getting summoned and every now and then you'll be lucky and someone will kill the host while you happen to be there.

I do not recommend this and it is incredibly lame, but it works. Somehow I doubt the host will mind being invaded by someone who doesn't try to kill them either. Perhaps you'll draw the ire of some fellow bellbros though.

I'd farm the mad warrior if you wanna keep your dignity though, yeah.

A "cheap" way to do this is to equip your ring and go afk somewhere in the Iron Keep. You'll keep getting summoned and every now and then you'll be lucky and someone will kill the host while you happen to be there.

I do not recommend this and it is incredibly lame, but it works. Somehow I doubt the host will mind being invaded by someone who doesn't try to kill them either. Perhaps you'll draw the ire of some fellow bellbros though.

I'd farm the mad warrior if you wanna keep your dignity though, yeah.

By now I don't have any dignity left... lol But, after you get the Havel Armor and some weapons upgrades you should rape everyone, besides magic casters that is, Havel's sucks against it.

That's a legit tactic. I can tell when someone is doing it and the challenge is on me to kill them quickly before more help arrives. I don't mind cause it's fun to try and go all aggressive on someone playing passively.

That's a legit tactic. I can tell when someone is doing it and the challenge is on me to kill them quickly before more help arrives. I don't mind cause it's fun to try and go all aggressive on someone playing passively.

haha yeah! Sometimes I managed to kill the invaded by myself if they went aggro, but most of the time I died :whistle:

By now I don't have any dignity left... lol But, after you get the Havel Armor and some weapons upgrades you should rape everyone, besides magic casters that is, Havel's sucks against it.

Well, it seems that in the DS2 community, going full Havel's is more frowned upon than afk-farming (or commiting war crimes, for that matter), but yeah.

Does anyone have any idea for the best possible way to gain rank 2 in this covenant. From your own experiences please, not assumptions.

Since it is far easier when there is 2 of you against the host or vice versa, I thought maybe if you and a friend just sit and wait in Belfry for invaders, and both of you just attack and kill them when they spawn, shouldn't take long this way.

One of you attacks him via melee pressuring him while the other uses ranged.

What do you think?

Does anyone have any idea for the best possible way to gain rank 2 in this covenant. From your own experiences please, not assumptions.

Since it is far easier when there is 2 of you against the host or vice versa, I thought maybe if you and a friend just sit and wait in Belfry for invaders, and both of you just attack and kill them when they spawn, shouldn't take long this way.

What do you think?

it doesen't count to your progress tho if you are invaded yourself :whistle:

from my experience getting 30 kills online wasn't too bad. Took me around 3 hrs total - and that includes a good number of defeats. plus it was way more fun than betting my hopes on that red phantom in sol.

What do you think?

I invaded Belfry Sol (Because it's bigger than Belfry Luna thus less likely to meet the host right away) and hoped for the host not come at me then I waited for a second invader and we both went to the host. Most of the time this was a win and it didn't take long to wait for the second invader. When the host came to me I would lose 4 in 5 times. This was earlier in the game around sl100 and I reached level2 over 2 days playing a few hours each day.

Edited by golf51

What do you think?

Well for it to count u have to be summoned to their world. U will know when u have done it correctly because u will get a titanite chunk when u win. Just wear the ring and when your covenant symbol is blinking it's trying to summon u.

Well for it to count u have to be summoned to their world. U will know when u have done it correctly because u will get a titanite chunk when u win. Just wear the ring and when your covenant symbol is blinking it's trying to summon u.

I know all that pal,

APPARENTLY IF SOMEONE INVADES YOU WHILE YOUR IN THE COVENANT AND IN BELFRY, AND YOU DEFEAT THE INVADER, THAT COUNTS AS A KILL TOWARDS YOUR COVENANT LVL, NOT JUST IF YOU INVADE! YOU ONLY GAIN A TITANITE CHUNK WHEN YOU INVADE WITH THE RING.

Besides, im not asking HOW you rank, what I am asking is the quickest possible way to rank up! Just assume I know everything else because that's all i'm asking.

Most people think 3 hrs on average to get 30 kills, but I guess that's losing some and winning some.

I'm trying to think what the most efficient method is, a method where you would win every match hence making it faster.

Edited by optimusmart

I know all that pal,

APPARENTLY IF SOMEONE INVADES YOU WHILE YOUR IN THE COVENANT AND IN BELFRY, AND YOU DEFEAT THE INVADER, THAT COUNTS AS A KILL TOWARDS YOUR COVENANT LVL, NOT JUST IF YOU INVADE! YOU ONLY GAIN A TITANITE CHUNK WHEN YOU INVADE WITH THE RING.

Besides, im not asking HOW you rank, what I am asking is the quickest possible way to rank up! Just assume I know everything else because that's all i'm asking.

Most people think 3 hrs on average to get 30 kills, but I guess that's losing some and winning some.

I'm trying to think what the most efficient method is, a method where you would win every match hence making it faster.

The absolute fastest way has gotta be what I was doing last nite. I was playing offline, killing the NPC mad warrior dude. I was trying to get a 2nd berserker blade and killed him about 30 times. What I was doing was I would kill him and then run back, fall down the hole by the ladder, reset the bonfire about 7 times and then start going from there. Once I killed him about 12 times he was starting to show up every 2 or 3 bonfire respawns. I never fast traveled or anything. I don't know if it matters but before I did this I made all of the other enemies quit respawning. It took me about an hour and a half and I killed him about 30 times. I lost count after killing him 25 times but I think I killed him 5 times after I lost count or stopped counting.

The absolute fastest way has gotta be what I was doing last nite. I was playing offline, killing the NPC mad warrior dude. I was trying to get a 2nd berserker blade and killed him about 30 times. What I was doing was I would kill him and then run back, fall down the hole by the ladder, reset the bonfire about 7 times and then start going from there. Once I killed him about 12 times he was starting to show up every 2 or 3 bonfire respawns. I never fast traveled or anything. I don't know if it matters but before I did this I made all of the other enemies quit respawning. It took me about an hour and a half and I killed him about 30 times. I lost count after killing him 25 times but I think I killed him 5 times after I lost count or stopped counting.

I had tried this method before but when I tried the NPCs were spawning every 7-10 tries, whereas I could invade perhaps 3-4 times in that same time.

But, perhaps its spawn likelihood has increased with the patch, AND I just discovered some useful information on the wiki! Apparently and the wiki lists this as confirmed, when you defeat a black phantom you gain +2 towards your rank levelling for the covenant rather than +1 when you invade and kill the host. So you would only have to kill 15 black phantoms to reach lvl 2!!!

Awesome!

And on a side note, if you summon two heirs of sun covenant players to help you during bosses, you will earn 2 sunlight medals, I can confirm this!

Edited by optimusmart

Also unless something just changed, the Mad Warrior does not count for +2 toward your total. I killed him approximately 30x to get all his gear and still needed 60-70 host kills as a grey phantom.

Agreed. I'm currently on 1.03, had five host kills, and only got Rank 1 after killing the Mad Warrior for the fifth time.

Also, using the Aged Feather seems to take just as long as running back to the bonfire, for those who may not know.

Edited by Argento Scudo