Can't beat darklurker

lightdimension1

yo, darklurker is the first boss where i cant't figure out how to do it or to get anywhere near to beating him or anyway near that i'm dominating this fight....i mean i

absolutely cant do anything.....i'm a pure melee fighter with no magic at all....

i read about using the stone ring and two clubs to constantly stun him , but i didnt figured out how this works.....can someone explain this tactic or something else....i need something really cheap for this one.....i'm tired of farming efigees....

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the flame swath or chaos flame they do massive damage to him. I hit him with 2 chaos flame just as he was going to split, was able to kill one and the other was one hit kill after that.

yo, darklurker is the first boss where i cant't figure out how to do it or to get anywhere near to beating him or anyway near that i'm dominating this fight....i mean i

absolutely cant do anything.....i'm a pure melee fighter with no magic at all....

i read about using the stone ring and two clubs to constantly stun him , but i didnt figured out how this works.....can someone explain this tactic or something else....i need something really cheap for this one.....i'm tired of farming efigees....

Yeah, melee would have more trouble with this boss, you should still be able to use pyromancy. Try firestorm or chaos storm.

Yeah, melee would have more trouble with this boss, you should still be able to use pyromancy. Try firestorm or chaos storm.

This. If you use firestorm or chaos storm when he is about to split, if placed and timed correctly it will hit both copies causing MASSIVE damage and might even kill him. Flame swathe also does very good damage. Use fire for this battle and he will go down fast.

it's weak to fire (and even lightning, i think).

i beat this thing last night (it's the last boss i had left before the final one) - killed it with 2 flame swathes, and 4-5 great lightning spears.

if you're pure melee, though, equip your best flame-infused weapon, and equip anything that'll reduce flame/dark/magic damage.

Hey pal,

I recommend using a soul vessel and making a intelligence/faith build so you can use magic and you will find it much easier. Then simply use a soul vessel afterwards to return to your original build if you wish.

Check out the soul geyser build on the net, its obliterates almost most bosses in 3 hits.

Use a soul vessel, remap everything into a magic build/intel only, not faith. You can kill the Dark Lurker in 2 Soul Geysers. Then go remap back to your original build. Soul Geyser makes just about every PVE boss a joke.

do you not even use an infused weapon?

if you do, flame is your friend with this boss.

i cant infuse cause that destroys the dex scaling on my already weak as shit regardless of type weapons, besides all elemental infusions scale with int, the person who thought of that should be thrown off a cliff.

Use a soul vessel, remap everything into a magic build/intel only, not faith. You can kill the Dark Lurker in 2 Soul Geysers. Then go remap back to your original build. Soul Geyser makes just about every PVE boss a joke.

Anyone with a sense of principals will not do this, fuck magic op shit magic. I refuse to use anything that is so badly coded to oneshot everything on the screen. It destroys the whole game.

Edited by Calamaistr

i cant infuse cause that destroys the dex scaling on my already weak as shit regardless of type weapons, besides all elemental infusions scale with int, the person who thought of that should be thrown off a cliff.

well, it's an optional boss, so you don't necessarily have to defeat that one. unless, of course, you really want to...

Anyone with a sense of principals will not do this, fuck magic op shit magic. I refuse to use anything that is so badly coded to oneshot everything on the screen. It destroys the whole game.

Just suggested it because he's having trouble, and it's laughably easy with magic. He's the only boss in the game I found to be annoying since he can be cheap and cast magic off screen that homes into you, or knocking you down and hitting you before you can get up. I beat him with a dagger once lol, but for those who WANT an easy way to just get by him...magic and Soul Geyser is the way.

It doesn't destroy the game...you're not forced to do it and others doing it doesn't effect you in any way.

Did you ever notice this game is online?

Oh gee...you know I never did...

Seriously though...killing a boss with over powered anything has no impact on you as a player. You should not care how anyone wants to deal with a pve element of the game until it does impact you.

oh woohoo im so glad i read this topic

now i know im going to have SUPER GOOD FUIN with this boss knowing i also dont use magic at all.

grr

You don't need a magic build to use pyromancies. But like some others have suggested, you can use soul vessel to temporarily switch to a magic or faith build to have an easier time with this guy. I killed him with 5-7 Great Lightning Spear I believe.

well, it's an optional boss, so you don't necessarily have to defeat that one. unless, of course, you really want to...

If you're going for platinum, you need to get this boss.

Use a Dark infused Rebel Greatshield (100% Dark).

Then just rush close to him and strafe to right side around him.

Back off when he crosses his arms (aoe dmg) and hit him once (fire is supposed to be good, but i just used my raw claymore), then back on with the shield.

Dark Rebel Great has 100% Dark and 9x% Magic iirc, throw in some Green herbs and cloranthy ring, voila.

Its just time consuming to wear him down.

Dont get greedy, always only 1 hit, then block.

Edit:

I fully agree tho, that the Dark Chasms are the worst area of the game.

I was looking at 2 Death before and finished with 46...

Most of those come from falling down some hole or ledge during the Chasms of Old.

Edited by nimrod

After a bunch of tried with pure melee, fire infused greatsword+10 I got tired of it and spend some souls in attunement to be able to use Flame Swathe.

Wait until the boss splits into two and use it, should be dead after 2 hits, or very close at least.

The only attack I had issues with was the dark orb thingy that explodes, never figured a real good way to handle it so I just started running and jumping when it came flying hoping for the best :p

Oh and btw, might be worth noting that the chasm reached from Drangleic Castle is the quickest/easiest one imo.

Edited by Joooooink

How can it destroy the game when its a part of the game. Utilizing every possible option in the game will not destroy it. Fair enough if your glitching, but that's not the case. I forgot the part in the manual where it says using magic ruins the game.

If you want to use a legitimately weak ineffective build when theres a legitimately stronger more effective build you could be using, then that's your choice.

If you want to struggle pal, then struggle.

You may as well just run through the game naked with no weapons because your destroying the game. Your won't use other mechanics so why use them ones.

I don't think you should use bonfires either, as that destroys the game also!!

Sorry for the sarcasm pal, I just don't understand your view.

If you want to get technical, to not use a part of the game is to not play the game as it was intended to be played, i'd say your ACTUALLY destroying the game!!

Edited by optimusmart

ok thanks , will try that.....where do i get soul geyser?.....and wich other equipment do i need for that?.....i have no clou about using magic.....of course i kept all the staffs i found through the game.....

The "two clubs" thing is using power stance. You'll need 150% of stat requirements for the clubs. Once that's met, while dual-wielding clubs, hold triangle down to enter power stance mode. Then press L2 to attack. The Stone Ring will give you the added benefit of potentially staggering the boss (if, indeed, he can be staggered).

But yeah, the easiest way, by far, is to do magic.

ok guys , i have soul veisyr already.....but i'm uncertain about the magic build....will intelligencs around 70 be enough to kill darklurer with a few hits?

and do i have to upgrade a staff for it to be that easy?

Soul geyser is the single most powerful magic attack in this game. You don't need 70 INT for that. If you don't like magic build, just use soul vessel to relocate the points temporarily for the purpose of this boss. Then use another one to change it back to your original build. There's no need to conserve soul vessels. You get 4 or 5 on each round

dammit......i tested soul geysir on a regular enemy....its not big damage at all....

i have intelligence at 70......i'm using a staff i got through the game.....staff of wisdom (i have it in german so i dont know if thats the english name) , it has magic damage 180+187 ......do i have to upgrade the staff or what is going wrong.....and is there a way i can rise the times i can shoot without "reloading"....because i have only one shot.....

Edited by lightdimension1

dammit......i tested soul geysir on a regular enemy....its not big damage at all....

i have intelligence at 70......i'm using a staff i got through the game.....staff of wisdom(i have it in german so i dont know if thats the english name)......do i have to upgrade the staff or what is going wrong.....and is there a way i can rise the times i can shoot without "reloading"....because i have only one shot.....

soul geyser is for big enemies, alot of the additional bolts of magic will miss smaller enemies, hence why soul geyser is the spell for slaughtering bosses