Rate the platinum difficulty  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the platinum difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.60

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game itself is substantially harder than the previous 2 Souls games, by probably about 1.75 times; it's longer, the enemies are tougher in more dangerous positions. Also you have to fight some of the hardest bosses in the game keeping terrible NPC allies alive; and you have to get through NG+ twice if you don't want to grind for days; which adds such wonderful design elements as extra enemies during boss fights. The platinums for the previous two games were fairly easy as long as you could beat the game, for this beating the game is just a small portion of the extraordinary challenge. For my part I'll be doing most of this offline as well, because I'm unable to login at my typical spot.

You can beat the game running past the difficult sections and what have you, but you've got basically no shot at getting the platinum if you don't absolutely master some of the hardest fights in any RPG period. Maybe if you get two really good allies to summon consistently throughout you could get carried, maybe. But if you're doing this mostly solo/offline (save for things like Hidden Weapon/Sunlight Spear) you've got to be a monster.

When the spells problem is repaired everyone can get their plat but for now we need covenant ranks I guess :S the game it's self is easy if online played, offline is hard bout 8/10 harder than dark souls 1 which is 7/10 , after beating the boss at sinner the hard days are over, even the developer knows he is tough because in new game plus he kills you in 3 hits and kinda hard to dodge him and he dodges alot also once you reach 65% of his health he brings 2 pyromancy's who takes alot of hits to die making you need the aid of online, other than that it's just upgrade and try again.

This will easily be a 10. Hilarious NPC trophies are the least of the problems here. You need one.thousand (1000) kills just to complete the Pyromancy Trophy which is pretty hilarious. Sure, some people will get it sooner or later but I'm not sure the game is good enough to warrant that much effort.

Time will tell i guess. The game is ok, but can't live up to the hype so far. I'm abou half way through and I have only like 20%. Got several Plats for the previous Soul Games but i might not make it this time.

This will easily be a 10. Hilarious NPC trophies are the least of the problems here. You need one.thousand (1000) kills just to complete the Pyromancy Trophy which is pretty hilarious. Sure, some people will get it sooner or later but I'm not sure the game is good enough to warrant that much effort.

Time will tell i guess. The game is ok, but can't live up to the hype so far. I'm abou half way through and I have only like 20%. Got several Plats for the previous Soul Games but i might not make it this time.

Chancellor Wellager in Drangleic Castle will sell you those spells in some form of NG++(+?). The actual prerequisites under which he sells the spells is still vague, but he will sell them if you use enough ascetics (perhaps not necessary) or beat the game enough (according to the official guide).

I'm currently sitting at 91% completion, missing only the pyromancy, miracle, and sorcery trophies. I've beaten every boss, some twice after ascetics. For the difficulty rating, it's a bit hard to say as it sort of depends on the number of NG+ playthroughs required. Despite that, I'd give my best guess and put it around 6 or 7 out of 10. This will be my fourth Souls plat, so I am familiar enough with the mechanics, but I still struggled to much frustration at times. Newcomers will likely be very challenged.

Im thinking it will be a 10 as in NG+++ you will likely be solo. I'm torn as to which will be easier, NG+++ or MP. I'd say NG+++ if you would have help but who will be at the right location and right level for you to use? I'd think you need to be a crazy high level to beat those playthroughs.

Im thinking it will be a 10 as in NG+++ you will likely be solo. I'm torn as to which will be easier, NG+++ or MP. I'd say NG+++ if you would have help but who will be at the right location and right level for you to use? I'd think you need to be a crazy high level to beat those playthroughs.

If its anything like Dark Souls or Demon's Souls then NG+++ will really not be all that bad. I plat for both multiple times most of which was done on NG+++++++.

I am probably only half way through Dark Souls 2 right now but so far its not really any harder then the previous ones its just different. I will be NG+ing a couple areas tonight to test it out.

I remember voting a 6 for Dark Souls, so I'm giving this one a 7. More annoying, but pretty much all of my deaths come from me being impatient and trying to force hits where I shouldn't. It's basically murder when you get swarmed if you don't have a good shield and weapon, and this game does its best to swarm you every chance it gets... rough on the patience, honestly.

With a decent character you can speed run NG+ and NG++, making those spell trophies moot. Grinding the bell covenant for the last sorcery was a pain, brought back memories of Pure Bladestone.

Everything else is meh. Depends how well you learn to stay alive in fights.

voted 7.

i did everything offline with grinding and speedrunning the later games. the game is great and once you know what you are doing and how the world works, playing it gets even better.

there are some difficult parts and areas as expected but the online works well and you can summon for boss fights all the time. plat time 40hrs.

looking forward to part 3 on new hardware.

Edited by Jaytech

If its anything like Dark Souls or Demon's Souls then NG+++ will really not be all that bad. I plat for both multiple times most of which was done on NG+++++++.

I am probably only half way through Dark Souls 2 right now but so far its not really any harder then the previous ones its just different. I will be NG+ing a couple areas tonight to test it out.

you think its not harder than previous ones guess what once you make it to NG+ or even better NG++ I am sure you will change your nind

I am at NG++ and believe me when I say that bonfire ascetic only make a small area harder but once you advance to NG++ you will see how much has changed

I rated a 7/10. It would've been a good bit higher (9 maybe) without co-op. Some of the bosses in the ng+/++ playthroughs are extremely tough solo, the last sinner being the worst of the bunch in my opinion. I covered the Lucatiel trophy on ng++, using ascetics to fight the rotten 3 times. I highly recommend doing this to anyone doing this trophy on a playthrough after the first as the other bosses are an absolute nightmare to go through. The same goes for Brenhart of Jugo, I regret not doing Brightstone three times over with him instead of the others as it's quite hard to keep him alive during the Giant King boss battle. Other than that all trophies are reasonably straightforward, the difficulty coming from playing the game itself.

It's such a wonderful game though, definitely in the books for my game of the year already. With The Witcher 3 delayed I don't see how anything can top this. It perfected the formula taken from the previous two games in the series and doubled the length without losing any of the quality. My first run took around 65 hours blind, the second around 12 hours and the third around 9 hours - and I had a blast throughout :D . I hope that From never stops making games for this series, it's one of the best out there today.

Now I need to get back to Dark Souls at some stage... :p

Voted a 6, but that's including online. It's extremely easy considering that at any point you can simply get help from another player. Offline I'd say it's an 8, getting stuck on a boss can be incredibly demoralizing and there isn't a good way to farm and a few levels doesn't do a ton to help vs. any particular boss.

Give it a 4, using the Shrine of Winter skipping trick shaved off about 5/6 hours of playtime at least

Especially easy if you play online as well, even at SL200+ there were plenty of players to summon and be summoned to

The game is a 10/10 for me, another awesome addition!

Plat time took me 89 hrs, though some of that was paused and I farmed a lot to use certain weapons/spells, probably around 70/75 hrs total playtime.

just got the plat and voted (7/10), it wasnt that bad the only hard time i had was in NG coz i stepped in totally blind but i managed at the end doing all the missable trophies early on. and in NG+ i cut through it like a sharp katana :) it was the easiest of the 2.5 playthroughs that i did.

as most people say doing it offline is harder (8/10 IMO) and i agree just save your time grinding and get the items you want from co-op and pvp its all fun.