Dark Awake: The King has No Name

PS+ freebie in Japan for Welcome Back

Malice_Mizer

Hey.

Japan's PlayStation Store is back and there's a bunch of stuff you can get with your PlayStation Plus 30 day subscription, this game is one of them. It's actually like some sort of Full Game Trial that you can only play for 30 minutes, and only on your Japanese account for some reason. So it's like a demo you can fool around with to see if you might want to buy the game.

Edited by Malice_Mizer

It didn't play on a non Japanese account for me. Anyone know a work around?

EDIT: I got Frogger to work, but it expired in the middle of the game. I'm going to wait and see if Dark Awake is going to expire tonight/today before I start playing it.

EDIT: Ok, it expires in August so i should be ok.

Edited by Francofone

Wow, this is pretty much a rip off.

Dark Awake only worked on my Japanese account and only for 30 minutes. Mahjong World, the other freebie, mentions in its expiry data that it expires after 60 minutes of play.

I'm gonna change the thread stuff to reflect this.

Yeah, mine expired as well. Sony needs to do a better job in its homeland.

Edited by Francofone

Actually you can get all 3 of them to work on other profiles and here is the trick.

Start the game up for the first time in your Japanese account.. Once it has loaded you can exit and switch back to whatever account you like.. It will load up and continue the trial.. It will also show in your trophy list.. Once the trial starts you have that amount of time to play.. Not 5 minutes here one day and 10 minutes the next.. you have 15 minutes to play then and that is it..

Now here is the bad part.. Froger you have 15 minutes, Dark Awake 30 minutes and Janline Lite you have a hour... Yes you can unlock trophies while in the trail.. But they don't sync... unless you purchase the full game..

Its nice and all but it was really cruel of Sony to add these to the PS+ after two months of a outage..

Edited by dezkly

Actually you can get all 3 of them to work on other profiles and here is the trick.

Start the game up for the first time in your Japanese account.. Once it has loaded you can exit and switch back to whatever account you like.. It will load up and continue the trial.. It will also show in your trophy list.. Once the trial starts you have that amount of time to play.. Not 5 minutes here one day and 10 minutes the next.. you have 15 minutes to play then and that is it..

Now here is the bad part.. Froger you have 15 minutes, Dark Awake 30 minutes and Janline Lite you have a hour... Yes you can unlock trophies while in the trail.. But they don't sync... unless you purchase the full game..

Its nice and all but it was really cruel of Sony to add these to the PS+ after two months of a outage..

Yeah, it would have helped if there was a time mentioned, or at least a number that is universally recognizable, in the description.

dont know. dark awake only lasted 30 min's for me and sync'ed up to my profile witch will now have a stain of 0%. echecrome play's fine on my us account and there for good so i dont know. i snagged it day 1.

Well Echochrome is part of the Welcome Back, so that's why it plays normally since that's the full game with no trial BS. Dark Awake is 1 of the free games from PS Plus but with the whole 30 minute trail.

Well Echochrome is part of the Welcome Back, so that's why it plays normally since that's the full game with no trial BS. Dark Awake is 1 of the free games from PS Plus but with the whole 30 minute trail.

ya. i just popped off about the echochrome cause StanDaMan187 said he only got it as a trail and some one else said it was haveing cloud prob's.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...