Dark Awake: The King has No Name

Dark Awake - Road Map & Trophy Guide

MainComptonese

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 9/10 (Trophy Difficulty Rating)
  • Offline trophies: 9 (7(B), 2(S))
  • Online trophies: 3 (2 (S), 1(G))
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 6-10hrs (Estimated Time to 100%)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 7+ Arcade playthroughs, plus 50 Ranked match & 100 Player match wins
  • Number of missable trophies: None.
  • Glitched trophies: 0
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
  • Do trophies stack?: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.

Introduction:

Dark Awake is a Japan exclusive PSN game. The gameplay is 2D Arcade fighting based on team battles. There are a total of 18 fighters (6 sets of 3 fighters each) to choose for your battle. The gameplay/button commands are similar to 2D Street Fighter or any Capcom/SNK/Aksys fighting games. There are 1 ~ 3 Special attacks when the Mana Gauge appears. And, the attacks can be quite devastating if not countered or blocked ... not to mention towards your opponent (minus RANKED matches).

The hard trophies are The Gatherer (S) & The Dragon Slayer (S). Though I got these 2 trophies on 1st try on the Arcade mode and didn't really sweat it that much. The rest are doable on arcade mode and online.

Controller Scheme :

:start: = Pauses game

:circle: = A attack button / select

:cross: = B attack button / cancel

:triangle: = C attack button

:square: = D attack button

:l2: = MANA Gauge attack (:cross: + :triangle:)

:l1: = :cross: + :circle: attack

:r1: = :triangle: + :square: attack

:r2: = nothing

:lsleft: = GUARD + Hold

:lsne: = jump towards + attack

:lsdown: = Crouch + attack

:lsright::lsright: = Dash + attack

:lsleft::lsleft: = Dash + attack

:lsdown::lsup: = high jump

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WALKTHROUGH:

1. Start Online:

- Win 100 Player matches (S)

- Win 50 Ranked matches (S)

- Win 50 Ranked matches w/o using ANY Mana gauge (G)

Need a partner?: LINK

When playing/winning Ranked Matches, do not press :l2: (:cross: + :triangle:) or any of the bumpers/triggers ! I also didn't use any Mana to be on the safe side when I unlocked the 2 Ranked Match trophies. To be on a even more on the safe side, just spam :triangle:.

Overall, this will take some time, especially if you boost. Online will most likely take the larger portion to complete than Arcade Mode, depending on your fighting skill. Each Ranked match may run 90 Seconds or so within the 3 Rounds, Load Time, etc.

90X50 = 4500 Seconds (75mins)

X2 = 9000 Seconds (Boosting)

Note: Sometimes, the server lags when creating a match will kick you out so you will have to repeat the match creation process.

2. Start Arcade Mode:

- Clear Arcade Mode with the Humans (B)

- Clear Arcade Mode with the Orcs (B)

- Clear Arcade Mode with the Elves (B)

- Clear Arcade Mode with the Undead (B)

- Clear Arcade Mode with the Dark elves (B)

- Clear Arcade Mode with the Dwarfs (B)

- Clear Arcade Mode with any Mix Team (B)

- The Gatherer (S)

- Dragon Slayer (S)

Play Arcade Mode 7X or more to obtain the 2 (S) & 7 (B).

Any of the 7-9 trophies will unlock after defeating Theliane ((B) Trophies Only) or TKHNN ((B)+(S) Trophies Only) & registering your initials.

The Gatherer & Dragon Slayer Notes:

- Set difficulty to VERY EASY in the Options

- Set Battle mode to Endurance in the Options (3 fighters to choose)

- Keep winning without losing players or rounds

- Try to get perfect in the round (No Damage)

- Use special attacks & plan your mana gauge attacks very tactically, when possible

- Make sure to choose a good team of heavy hitters with the "War Hammer" item

- Obtain 24+ mana items, in order to battle the King has no Name (True Boss).

- You mustn't use any continues if trying for The Gatherer Trophy

Overall, you will be spending 2.5 ~ 4+ hours on clearing all of the Arcade mode trophies, depending on the 2 (S) trophies & fighting skill. The game is not hard on Very Easy.

I'm not the best fighter & semi-average with the quarter-circle (QC) attacks & blocking. Even so, I managed these 2 (S) on my 1st try and was extremely confused as to whether it was luck or skill, couldn't tell. However, it is very doable if you choose your best 3 fighters & try your best to demolish with QC attacks & Mana attacks.

You will need 24+ mana items after fighting Theliane, in order to fight TKHNN. Be very careful fighting him. Some attacks are devastating, especially if you're performing air attacks to the head. Just be cautious and try your best to take him down with the 3 fighters.

Edited by Terminator
Added a Guide closure notice.

Trophy Guide:

ARCADE MODE TROPHIES:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/06.jpg バーバリアンズリベンジ (Barbarians' Revenge) (B)

Humansでアーケードモードをクリアする (Clear 'Arcade Mode' as Humans.)

Clear Arcade Mode with the Humans team (top left team) & make sure to choose all 3 Humans. Don't choose different fighters (i.e. Elf with 2 humans).

The Trophy will unlock after entering in your initials!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/07.jpg 破壊と殺戮の本能 (Instinct of Destruction & Slaughter) (B)

Orcsでアーケードモードをクリアする (Clear 'Arcade Mode' as Orcs.)

Clear Arcade Mode with the Orcs team (top right team) & make sure to choose all 3 Orcs. Don't choose different fighters (i.e. Elf with 2 orcs).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/08.jpg 新たなるエルフの英雄 (New Hero of the Elves) (B)

Elvesでアーケードモードをクリアする (Clear 'Arcade Mode' as Elves.)

Clear Arcade Mode with the Elves team (mid-left team) & make sure to choose all 3 Elves. Don't choose different fighters (i.e. 2 Elves with 1 Orc).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/09.jpg 新たなる炎の力 (New Strength of the Flames) (B)

Dwarfsでアーケードモードをクリアする (Clear 'Arcade Mode' as Dwarfs.)

Clear Arcade Mode with the Dwarfs team (mid-right team) & make sure to choose all 3 Dwarfs. Don't choose different fighters (i.e. Elves with 2 Dwarfs).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/10.jpg 屍の山に望む野望 (Ambition of a Corpse Mountain) (B)

Dark Elvesでアーケードモードをクリアする (Clear 'Arcade Mode' as Dark Elves.)

Clear Arcade Mode with the Dark Elves team (low-left team) & make sure to choose all 3 Dark Elves. Don't choose different fighters (i.e. Elves with 2 Dark Elves).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/11.jpg 完全なる不死 (Perfection of the Undead) (B)

Undeadsでアーケードモードをクリアする (Clear 'Arcade Mode' as Undeads.)

Clear Arcade Mode with the Undeads team (low-right team) & make sure to choose all 3 Undeads. Don't choose different fighters (i.e. Elves with 2 Undeads).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/12.jpg 混沌なる種 (Chaotic Seed) (B)

混成チームでアーケードモードをクリアする (Clear 'Arcade Mode' as a Chaos Team.)

Choose any of the 3 fighters from 2-3 different alliances, that you are comfortable with. I would recommend you do The Gatherer and The Dragon Slayer trophies at the same time as this. Do not choose the 3 fighters from the same alliance.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/03.jpg 竜殺し (The Dragon Slayer) (S)

名無しの王を倒す (Defeat the Nameless King.)

This trophy can be kinda difficult but nothing severe due to the fact that you can change the difficulty to Very Easy. Try to win as many matches without losing any rounds or players. Use your Mana Attack very wisely & block when necessary. When you have exceeded 24 Mana items, you will be able to fight the True Boss, The King that has No Name. Defeat him and this trophy is yours.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/02.jpg 収集者 (The Gatherer) (S)

マナ・アイテムを30個以上所持してノーコンティニュークリアする (Clear the game w/o continuing and with 30+ Mana Items.)

This trophy can be kinda difficult but nothing severe due to the fact that you can change the difficulty to Very Easy. Try to win as many matches without losing any rounds or players. Use your Mana Attack very wisely & block when necessary. When you have exceeded 24 Mana items, you will be able to fight the True Boss, The King that has No Name. The Boss can be tricky at times to attack, due to the areas that you are limited to attack upon and not to mention that he can deal a great amount of damage too. I would not recommend Air attacks on TKHNN, as it's a good counter for him to hit you.

At the same time you will also unlock Dragon Slayer (S) & any 1 of the 7 (B) trophies. I got these trophies on my 1st try and I was using the 3 Humans with the Blue War Hammer item. Maybe I was lucky on some attacks or matches, though.

ONLINE TROPHIES:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/05.jpg 勝利の美酒を堪能せし者 (The One Strong to the High-Grade Liquor of Victory) (S)

プレイヤーマッチで100回勝利する (Win 100 Player Matches.)

Set player match settings to:

*Single

*Fast time limit

Matches are faster than ranked matches, you have play 2 rounds on each match. Each match is about a minute to do so about 2 hours to unlock the trophy if boosting. I was using CURSE HEAD with the War hammer item & just kept spamming :triangle:.

If you need a boosting partner, please check this thread: LINK

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/04.jpg 勝利に目覚めし者 (The One Who Awakens to Victory) (S)

ランクマッチで50回勝利する (Win 50 Ranked Matches.)

Win 50 RANKED matches, there are 3 rounds in each match to complete and will take awhile to unlock with the The Binded One. There is no option of quitting out of a match while battling online. Also, I did not press any of the Bumpers or Triggers when playing for the 50 Ranked Wins and would recommend not to do so! To be on a even more on the safe side, just spam :triangle:.

The online Trophies will unlock after the match is over!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/697/01.jpg 縛られし者 (The Binded One) (G)

マナ・ゲージを一切使用せずにランクマッチで50回勝利する (Win 50 Ranked Matches w/o using all of the Mana Gauge.)

Win 50 RANKED matches without pressing :l2:/:cross: + :triangle:. There are 3 rounds in each match to complete and will take awhile to unlock with the The One Who Awakens to Victory. There is no option of quitting out of a match while battling online. Also, I did not press any of the Bumpers or Triggers when playing for the 50 Ranked Wins and would recommend not to do so! To be on a even more on the safe side, just spam :triangle:.

The online Trophies will unlock after the match is over!

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revisions by Terminator 23/02/2015.

99% of the DARK AWAKE Road Map & Trophy guide Completed !

Will Update when possible :

~100 Player match trophy image (when PSN returns)

~Road Map & Trophy Guide background image on top of the OP

Will be gladly to update thread with any other tips that any members have to suggest & you will be credited .

PS ... looking for a partner on the player match trophy & will not be able to submit trophy image , until completed .

Edited by MainComptonese

• 3 weeks later...
  • Terminator changed the title to Dark Awake - Road Map & Trophy Guide
  • Terminator unlocked this topic