The most disturbing game I've ever played

Jonex

Ok after the first couple levels I thought I understood what Dante's Inferno was all about and where it was coming from, fighting demons and minions etc. Then came the Lust level with Cleopatra and her unbaptized baby squirting tits followed by gluttonous fat creatures with worm arms that try to eat you.

I'm up to the level Anger now, and I just wanted to ask if it gets anymore disturbing, because honestly, this game creeps me out lol.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pretty disturbing game though it felt a bit forced to me.

You should actually read Dante's Inferno... its pretty messed up. Great literature though.

Well you're travelling through the nine circles of hell, so I expected it to be somewhat forced, but they did push it just a bit in my opinion. The in game cut scenes, both cgi and hand drawn animations were messed up for me, so I can't begin to imagine what the book is like X_X I'm sure it'll help me sleep at night.

I don't mind violence and gore, if anything it only adds to a game, but some of the stuff in Dante's Inferno just makes my skin crawl (in the bad way).

You need to play some more scary games then lol

Shadowman 1 was disturbing to me lol

I don't find it scary, just disturbing ^^

Shadowman................sounds familiar, but I think I need my memory refreshed :D

i didn't find it disturbing, apart from the unbaptized babie's that you had to kill. the game did feel abit forced with the same kind of enemy popping up for you to beat again, and again it get's Repettive. after one playthrough of the game i lost interest, i coudn't come back to it for trophie's because from that point on, it was really boring to play.

The levels after Lust aren´t that disturbing anymore but the bossfight was a bit... I mean the devil wers no pants and looks a bit like Long-Dong Silver if you know what I mean. But the game was ok. Not as good as the original epic (by the way very short in comparison) but an interpretation that shows the medieval view on hell and purgatory.

I thought Lust was the weirdest, so I think it gets better from that point. In violence there's an area for suicide where you'll meet someone.

EDIT: Sorry to be vague. I'll add that while it's unhappy circumstances, it goes about as happily as it could.

Edited by Stork77

Yea, it was definitely pretty disturbing... the attention to detail in the earlier levels was pretty awesome though, I was quite impressed. I felt some of the later levels were a bit less innovative though, but yea, pretty disturbing... very hellish

This is more or less the reason I like this game over the God Of War series. Such typical environments in those games coupled with a less than interesting scenario that gets old real fast :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

DISTURBING, a bit... DEMENTED, definatley!!!

i too thought it was a bit too detailed, i mean very very good game, very unique "re-creations" of the book! i personally have never read it in its entirety, but what i did read and know about the "inferno" this game is based VERY VERY closley to it!!!

dont get me wrong for mature audiences such as my self and many of you forum goers, its great! i love killing babies!:eek: j/k....

I have younger children (3 to be exact) and they wanted to try it, HELL NO WAS MY RESPONSE.... put in a zombie game r something but you are FORBIDDEN TO PLAY DANTE'S INFERNO!!! lol

i played it with triton gaming headset and its 10x creepier you can hear all the screams of people around especially when you climb those walls made out of people

i didnt use a headset, but i always play games VERY LOUD! love hearing "ambients"

try DS 1&2 full blast if Dante's was creepy!!!

you'll jump out of ur f'n skin! i actually moved my couch several times thru out DS1!!! and mind you im a mere 150lbs, on a 200+lbs couch!!! hehe:D

how big of a book is dantes inferno?

Oh dear! Inferno is but a part of The Divine Comedy written by Dante Alighieri: Inferno, Purgatory and Paradise. The original was written in Latin, I think. A lot of phrases from the books have in quoted in a lot of videogames. The books involve the lead characters existentialistic ascent up to Paradise... The game.... kinda not the same with the books ;p

I didn't find the game that scary... the books Depiction of Hell and the different levels defied imagination. But the game did have the frozen lake level... In the book, Dante believed that Hell can be like a frozen lake... where all feelings died.

But my favorite line will always be the sign found at Hell's Entrance which said: Abandon Hope... all those who enter here :devil:

P.S. There are BOOKS ya know!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a horror/bizare fan and I love the looks and feel of this game. The atmospheres and the ambiance really play well together to make a disturbing little game, with babykillings and all, not your typical Hollywood outing.

And in my opinion it tops the GoW games in regards to looks, story and enjoyment (kinda tired of hearing Kratos blame all his problems on others, take some responsibility for your violent actions) though I like Kratos much more as a main character. Now just need a good game where I go up against Valhalla and one where you go against heaven to continue these mythological slayings

I must say that only a few things 'disturbed' me, the baby-spraying tits and some of the drawings, but I didn't get scared at all. I found the game absolutely addictive, because the story actually got my attention. The point in him, fighting himself through all the layers of hell, that he actually have sinned (or whatever it's called). and the fact that fighting through it, is his way of getting cleansed, because he fights all of his demons. The symbolism is just amazing!