Is Dante's Inferno better than GOW3?

mEcroboss

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id love to hear ur oppinions about this subject.

By asking this you realize your starting a war.. heheh Anyways, That said the answer is not as simple as yes or no.. Dante Inferno beats GOW 1 and 2 easy graphically and story.. Now GOW 3 on the other hand I would have to say is neck to neck with Dante.. Only reason I would lean more towards Dante inferno is cause I did the research in high school about the divine comedy as well as write a paper on it and have always been fascinated with the circles of hell and the poet. The graphics are dark and evil and nasty and I love that.. The gameplay was very fluid and mechanics where very well engineered.. People will disagree with me and that is ok, they will say that "Dante stole the GOW mechanics and game play" but if you wanna get technical all the games today have taken a little bit from the past. Remember Castlevania? Isn't there a little of it in GOW? Anyways GOW story is good, mechanics are great, but I would have to say Dante Inferno if I absolutely had to choose between the better of the two.

I have to say I loved them both, but I do like Dante's Story more, It's more interesting and I mean... I've played GoW 1 and 2 and GoW 3 is the same story... KILL ZEUS! It just depends. Both are great and have the same gameplay.

Imo GOW>DANTE . Dantes inferno took most of its ideas from the GOW series , its not a copy of gow ( not completly ).

I disagree, what ideas are you talking about? Cause if your talking story the divine comedy was out long before the very first GOW.. The game mechanics are the only thing that has similarity to GOW. And if you are talking puzzles well think back, Tomb raider and prince of persia.. As I have said before there is a little bit of the past games in all the new games created today.. Story and graphically DI sets alone on the throne.. And I am stoked that they picked one of my favorite poets to create a game from..

Ok... now that I'm done with Dante's Inferno I'll make my judgement.

Even though Dante's Inferno is a great game... I just don't think it matches up to GOW 3. That being said though, the game is comparable to GOW 2 or maybe even 1. But the graphics and gameplay of GOW 3 are so incredible that it sometimes takes your breath away.

Storyline - They're both good and are decent stories respectively. It's sort of a toss up here as to which one is better.

My vote though would have to go to GOW 3. BUT I did really enjoy playing Dante's Inferno.

Having played the three GOw´s and Dantes Inferno i´ll have to say that GOW 3 is quite better. Dantes gameplay is exactly the same, but it has some lacks. I think that it was a great try, but they didnt achieve the level of GOW 3 (some GOW fights must be some of the better and most impresives fight that PS3 and Sony have seen... :applause:for Hades!