countermeasures?

leer_74

got another question, hate to start a new thread but searching reveled nothing. and have tried what was suggested but nothing. I understand that you have to hit L2 then counter with square or triangle and that you must kill the enemy. I am almost though my second run though and nothing and I have been doing the L2 and counter at every easy chance. A few thing tho do the 20 counters need to be consecutive? like right after another? also does it count when a more powerful enemy is showing the R2 for the finishing move, and you finish him off with a counter move? so far I have tried all thing even killing those easy little guys with a counter must killed a ton of them, any thoughts? thanks :)

Welllll I just finished my second run though the game.... errr and no countermeasure trophy I got everyone even the 666 trophy though my second 'mealcoluous' run or what ever its called and I also was doing the counter measure at every chance during those trials... can you get it during the gate of hell trials? anyhow im going tho a third run.. cause I didnt even get to fill out the the other power of evil... tho got to level 7 tho, just not enough souls to fill it out.. anyhow still fustrated with this little problem... :(

• 3 weeks later...

The best place to get this trophy is right after you start yoour 2nd playtrhough. Climb down the damned and pass vergil and the 1st silver coin. There is a platform with a lever on it, activate the lever and mobs will spawn.

Once all the melee mobs are dead only those flying bats will spawn ( 2 at a time) blocking their fireball and contering it results in 1 hit kills.

Got the trophy this way in less than 3 minutes yesterday.

Got it without a problem. Maybe you're countering with Square and THEN the enemies die from your next hit? Sometimes what happens is that you counter, the enemies stay down and then explode for no reason which does NOT count for the trophy. Start a new game in resurrection mode and take Poeh's advice since it wouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to see if it works.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my last trophy to get for Plat. and its a stupid one lol, Grrrrr!!!

Can you hold down L2 to block the whole time or do you have to hold it right before the enemy is about to attack you. What are the best locations to get this trophy in by the way?

Edited by KC_Chiefs_4Life

Easy way to do this is to purchase Holy Level 1 upgrade 'Divination'. Not 100% on the name but it is one where you counter then press circle and it does a cross attack.

Get a group of minions around you and they are dumb enough to attack one at a time. Counter with L2 and then hit circle. If there is a crowd around you you will likely kill more than one. Everyone you kill counts and you should have it in no time.

Took me less then 2 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

It works really well in this spot, but it is worth mentioning to use the :triangle: button to counter the flying enemies. Dante will do an overhand counter that kills them everytime. I was using the :square: button at first and it would very rarely counter by throwing the fireball back at them. Once i started the :triangle: counter i had the trophy in about 2 minutes.

Easy way to do this is to purchase Holy Level 1 upgrade 'Divination'. Not 100% on the name but it is one where you counter then press circle and it does a cross attack.

Get a group of minions around you and they are dumb enough to attack one at a time. Counter with L2 and then hit circle. If there is a crowd around you you will likely kill more than one. Everyone you kill counts and you should have it in no time.

this is the best strategy, i did this and it only took a couple of minutes as well

• 2 weeks later...
got another question, hate to start a new thread but searching reveled nothing. and have tried what was suggested but nothing. I understand that you have to hit L2 then counter with square or triangle and that you must kill the enemy. I am almost though my second run though and nothing and I have been doing the L2 and counter at every easy chance. A few thing tho do the 20 counters need to be consecutive? like right after another? also does it count when a more powerful enemy is showing the R2 for the finishing move, and you finish him off with a counter move? so far I have tried all thing even killing those easy little guys with a counter must killed a ton of them, any thoughts? thanks :)

Well, truly i needed no counter during my playtrhoughs so i easily gained that trophy on the gates of hell.

Edited by MerioMerio

Thanks, worked like a charm!

Easy way to do this is to purchase Upgrade Holy Level 0 Vindication Press circle after countering to initiate a Critical Attack that sends enemies flying using the cross attack.

Get a group of minions around you and they are dumb enough to attack one at a time. Counter with :l2: and then hit :circle:. If there is a crowd around you you will likely kill more than one. Everyone you kill counts and you should have it in no time.

PS: Also there is a relic that can help: Hoarder's Purse (Increase the time window for a counter attack to be executed)

Edited by TigerLust

• 4 months later...
The best place to get this trophy is right after you start yoour 2nd playtrhough. Climb down the damned and pass vergil and the 1st silver coin. There is a platform with a lever on it, activate the lever and mobs will spawn.

Once all the melee mobs are dead only those flying bats will spawn ( 2 at a time) blocking their fireball and contering it results in 1 hit kills.

Got the trophy this way in less than 3 minutes yesterday.

I will have to try this then. I still need this trophy and the one to max out Holy Level which I'm very close to Level 7. Feels like its taking forever.

I'll just do a Resurrection+ since I'm on my second playthrough already @ Lust and have not received the trophy yet. Does anyone know if these carry over from previous playthroughs when doing Resurrection+?

• 1 year later...

OK this is crazy - from what I have read here counters should be easy. I have been timing L2 as the enemy starts its attack, right through to just before it hits, and I have had the slow-mo maybe twice, but hitting triangle or square did nothing. 99% of the time all I am doing is blocking...this is really frustrating. I haven't gotten the slow-mo in probably the last 200 tries. I have no idea what I am doing wrong here.

/edit: never mind I figured it out...I didn't realise you had to buy the upgrade - d'oh! :o

Edited by Randall Flagg

• 1 month later...

Isnt the ability/upgrade for the counter attack's in the unholy column?? I know I was trying to get that trophy to Pop but I saw that the ability to counter attack is in the UnHoly column, Lvl 1, I think.. :think: